Man, I like Stanfords O.

lo country

Stanford plays physical and tough, but Langsahan prefers finesse and outsmarting you with his great play designs. I don't see NU becoming Stanford unless there is a coaching change.

Finesse is for candy-@$$es.

I just finished watching Stanford and Notre Dame, too. Gus Johnson could make going to work sound exciting.

So our O-line is as good as Stanford's???

This article was awesome. Outlines the restrictions the Academies have to endure when recruiting kids. I didn't see anything about practice time, but I have heard they have limit practice time compared to everyone else around the nation.

• Academics. At Air Force, prospective players need to have at least a 3.5 high school GPA, a 25 on the ACT in all subjects, and a minimum of a 1200 two-part SAT score. Requirements are similarly rigorous at the other service academies. Lt. Col. Gaylord Greene, who works in admissions at Army, said coaches will often encourage recruits to take more core courses, since the school requires more of them for entry than most others do.
  • Height and weight requirements. They differ slightly by academy, but at Air Force, a 6'4 applicant cannot weigh more than 221 pounds for admission -- and must also not weigh more than that upon graduation. In some cases at the academies, athletes can be over the height or weight limits but must still adhere to stringent body fat restrictions. This makes recruiting offensive linemen very difficult. "I'd love to have a bunch of 320-pound guys with good feet," Calhoun said. "We've never had a 285-pound kid, which is very small for a Division I offensive lineman. We usually average 255 pounds with our offensive line."
  • Mandatory military service. Unlike players who sign a normal scholarship tender, athletes at the service academies sign on to serve in active military duty after college. As expected, that "is a turnoff for a lot of kids," according to new Army head coach Jeff Monken.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/21/5736040/college-football-military-service-academies

This offense was a product of a previous system devoted to the pseudo-spread or whatever you want to call the Tim Beck Project. It's clear we have been recruiting athlete first, QB second at the position under Bo. Now that said, it doesn't justify asking Tommy to be something he is not, but to call this year a token example of what Riley and Langsford want to do is an egregious simplification based on limited data.

We need an OL and our offense will look a lot better, regardless of what we run. Now at the season's end, OL is the unit to me that needs the most upgrade. Without OL, Tommy will struggle and POB will be in a lot of bad situations too. Recruit OL heavy, especially some good pass protectors if that is what we want to do with the offense. What is our OL depth and talent? I just know the unit we put out this year and it was not good.

Just watched the reverse from Stanford. An OL got up field and then turned into the pursuit and decelerated a ND player. Heard the pop on TV. Man to have that physicality from the OL. That's nasty.

I know Air Force doesn't have the caliber of OL Stanford has but I posted a video the the scheme thread tonight and I was impressed with how fast those guys got upfield to take on 2nd level defenders. Not overly big, but they got on their horses to get upfield and help develop the long runs.

I'd love Calhoun to come here next year as HC if Riley stays. Great scheme, gets a lot out of a little and has a very disciplined squad.

I think Calhoun having a discipline squad has a lot to do with him being at air force. Discipline is drilled into them. I don't know if that would transfer to another program

Yea. I have to imagine some of it would translate though. He played at Air Force as well. So he's obviously a disciplined guy himself.

Being that he's an Air Force grad I don't see him leaving but being that he was an OC for the Texans he has experience with multiple offense types. It would be interesting to see what he would come up with for a program with access to more talent.

Ive been critical of the oline as well but theyve improved, and would look a lot better if our qb wouldnt go rogue and would step up in the pocket instead of playin ballerena. And our running backs were bad this year. Couldnt hit the right hole in a whorehouse with a crefit card.

Wilson and Jano could. How many carries did they combine for in the past 5 games?

Classy analogy by the way.

Ive been critical of the oline as well but theyve improved, and would look a lot better if our qb wouldnt go rogue and would step up in the pocket instead of playin ballerena. And our running backs were bad this year. Couldnt hit the right hole in a whorehouse with a crefit card.

Wilson and Jano could. How many carries did they combine for in the past 5 games?

Who's Wilson?

Who's Wilson?

Autocorrect for wilbon