Scott Frost to UCF

OK fine. Zac Taylor. Any other easy questions? ha

Frost as HC. Taylor as OC and coach-in-waiting? :lol:

After that, Patrick O'Brien. We've already given him the starting QB job, might as well give him HC down the line as well.
I think we're on to something here.

FIFY :blink:

Good move by Frost. I'm sure there are a lot of things a first time head coach learns by making mistakes. Rather it be at UCF.

Congratulations to Scott Frost! Well earned, and well deserved.

This is also a brilliant move by Scott if he does someday want the Nebraska job. Here are a few reasons:

1. Now he will truly have head coaching experience
  2. Now he can begin the process of building strong recruiting relationships with many of the local Florida high school programs, which could be a key asset when/if he gets the call to be a head coach at a Power Five program such as Nebraska.
  3. He finally gets to run his offense.

I'm really interested to see the blend of offense he ends up running. The guy has played for and coached with so many brilliant offensive minds, I am sure he has some brilliant thoughts on what he will do when he has control of his own offense and team.

Serious question here. If he didn't grow up or play for NEB would anyone seriously want to hire him for the NEB job?? I guess the real question is would half of you even know who he was if he was just the Oregon OC

I think if Frost does well at UCF, he becomes one of the "up and coming" head coaching prospects in college football. He is very well known in the college football ranks, based on his playing days at NU and him getting pretty good jobs in his relative coaching youth.

Think Jim Harbaugh. 11 years ago he got the University of San Diego head coaching job. He then went to Stanford and so on. Harbaugh might have been more well known with his NFL career, but he was roughly the same age when he got his first head coaching job at USD.

You didn't answer my question

Serious question here. If he didn't grow up or play for NEB would anyone seriously want to hire him for the NEB job?? I guess the real question is would half of you even know who he was if he was just the Oregon OC

I think if Frost does well at UCF, he becomes one of the "up and coming" head coaching prospects in college football. He is very well known in the college football ranks, based on his playing days at NU and him getting pretty good jobs in his relative coaching youth.

Think Jim Harbaugh. 11 years ago he got the University of San Diego head coaching job. He then went to Stanford and so on. Harbaugh might have been more well known with his NFL career, but he was roughly the same age when he got his first head coaching job at USD.

You didn't answer my question

If he didn't go to Nebraska, he would be seen very much like Tom Herman, Justin Fuente, and other youngish coordinators who have moved onto be head coaches of mid-major college football teams.

Being from Nebraska and being a former NU QB does enhance his resume at his own alma mater though.

This gets posed all the time, and frankly I think it's a dumb question.

Him being a Nebraska native that played here is part of his resume to look at as a potential head coach at Nebraska. He's a great coach in his own right, but him being a hometown boy that knows the culture, a former player that knows the program, and a good man that would embrace the values and the characteristics of the state are important.

Would Michigan have hired Brady Hoke if he wasn't a Michigan Man? Would Urban have jumped back into coaching for any job other than his homestate school? You don't think Bama will come calling to Dabo Swinney when Saban hangs it up? Would Pat Fitzgerald or Mike Gundy have essentially lifetime job security if they didn't play at NW or OSU respectively?

So a good reason for the Frank Solich hire is because he played here? Or to have Turner Gill here as a head coach. Would it be great to bring back the hometown kid who won a national championship?? Sure, but I don't need a hometown kid for me to feel better about the program. I just want the coach who is going to win here. He has ZERO head coaching experience this year and the last couple years he's called plays he had arguably the best QB in the NCAA. Let's see what he can do on his own before we crown him.

This gets posed all the time, and frankly I think it's a dumb question.

Him being a Nebraska native that played here is part of his resume to look at as a potential head coach at Nebraska. He's a great coach in his own right, but him being a hometown boy that knows the culture, a former player that knows the program, and a good man that would embrace the values and the characteristics of the state are important.

Would Michigan have hired Brady Hoke if he wasn't a Michigan Man? Would Urban have jumped back into coaching for any job other than his homestate school? You don't think Bama will come calling to Dabo Swinney when Saban hangs it up? Would Pat Fitzgerald or Mike Gundy have essentially lifetime job security if they didn't play at NW or OSU respectively?

So a good reason for the Frank Solich hire is because he played here? Or to have Turner Gill here as a head coach. Would it be great to bring back the hometown kid who won a national championship?? Sure, but I don't need a hometown kid for me to feel better about the program. I just want the coach who is going to win here. He has ZERO head coaching experience this year and the last couple years he's called plays he had arguably the best QB in the NCAA. Let's see what he can do on his own before we crown him.

Your not really comparing Frost to Hoke , Meyer and the rest of them are you?

After that, Patrick O'Brien. We've already given him the starting QB job, might as well give him HC down the line as well.

Good move by Frost. I'm sure there are a lot of things a first time head coach learns by making mistakes. Rather it be at UCF.

As opposed to a 62 yr old coach making same mistakes in his twilight years at DONU.

As opposed to a 62 yr old coach making same mistakes in his twilight years at DONU.

How many times have i read "I'd rather watch POB or another frosh makes mistakes than watch a senior (TA) make them"

Makes me wonder why the same logic wouldn't apply

ouch!!!!!!!!!!

Benning was saying this morning that Frost is a single guy and coming back to Lincoln wouldn't be a good fit and he doesn't think Frost would want to make his way back to Lincoln. Is this his recent "days of our lives" soap opera drama they've been joking over? Because I thought I had heard Frost express his interest in coaching at Nebraska sometime in his career?

Oh well, congrats to Frost, glad he's leaving finally leaving Oregon.

Benning said he was single? Interesting that such an "insider" would get a basic fact wrong.

He must not be on the guest list:

https://www.theknot.com/us/ashley-neidhardt-and-scott-frost-mar-2016-a515fa43-83ac-4f93-9fb3-dd47c5b1b3db