Scott Frost to UCF

Benning was saying this morning that Frost is a single guy and coming back to Lincoln wouldn't be a good fit and he doesn't think Frost would want to make his way back to Lincoln. Is this his recent "days of our lives" soap opera drama they've been joking over? Because I thought I had heard Frost express his interest in coaching at Nebraska sometime in his career?

Oh well, congrats to Frost, glad he's leaving finally leaving Oregon.

Benning said he was single? Interesting that such an "insider" would get a basic fact wrong.

Congrats to Scott Frost. Nebraska dropped the ball on this one, but that's ancient history and not worth talking about. Frost is a great leader and one heck of a public speaker. Oregon will be hurting because he was the best recruiter on their staff. He'll have UCF rolling in a few years with that hot bed recruiting grounds.

• Fire 1

Frost is going to coach at UCF for a few years. Riley will retire from Nebraska, the Huskers will go hard after Frost, but in a cruel twist of fate & history repeating itself, Scott Frost will take the head coaching position at Stanford.

But, Nebraska will get him within a couple of years then, no? So, we still win!

Benning was saying this morning that Frost is a single guy and coming back to Lincoln wouldn't be a good fit and he doesn't think Frost would want to make his way back to Lincoln. Is this his recent "days of our lives" soap opera drama they've been joking over? Because I thought I had heard Frost express his interest in coaching at Nebraska sometime in his career?

Benning said he was single? Interesting that such an "insider" would get a basic fact wrong.

He called him "non-married". Is that not a fact?

Frost isn't married, is he?

He's engaged.

Frost is going to coach at UCF for a few years. Riley will retire from Nebraska, the Huskers will go hard after Frost, but in a cruel twist of fate & history repeating itself, Scott Frost will take the head coaching position at Stanford.

After we take Shaw from Stanford! I could live with that outcome. I love the way Shaw runs the O there. So glad to see them beat ND the other night

He's engaged.

He's engaged.

Hell, that is still single!

Seems like perfect timing here. 2 years at UCF we dump Riley in 2 and he's a seasoned head coach for us.

Congratulations to Scott Frost. Great to see one of our own have great success.

My only concern is that there is going to be a lot of water pass under the bridge in the next couple of years.

Frost may fall in love with the Florida weather... the life style... the recruiting hot bed of players. For SURE he will have all the eyes of the SOUTHERN football programs on him.

I always thought he should have come here as offensive coordinator-recruiting coordinator. Whoever hired our current head coach should have demanded it as part of the deal. That way he would have for sure been in line to take the head coaching job here (a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush). It would have been a Bob Devaney -Tom Osborne type plan of succession. But we had smarter people running the program back then.

I really really hope he makes it here someday.

Congratulations to Scott on both counts.

I think this is perfect for him, in a population/talent center, low expectations, has ran a dynamic offense, knows what a NC is. Hope he turns it around quickly. We know that no one will work harder to do it.

UCF has truly scored on this hire.

I was and still am in the he is not ready to be the HC at Nebraska, he needed this venture. Excited to follow his progress.

He is single! You are still single until you say I do. Yes, he is engaged, but he is technically still single.