Scott Frost to UCF

Ask you're fiancées and wives if being engaged is still single.

Benning made the comment because he was talking out of his tail about an unattached guy not wanting to go to the hotbed that is Lincoln.

Clearly, he had his facts wrong. It's not the first and won't be the last time for him.

Did Benning kick your dog or something? Your hate for him runs deep.

But he called him "non-married". I think that my wife would have agreed that when we were engaged we were "non-married".

Kind of funny, actually.

Serious question here. If he didn't grow up or play for NEB would anyone seriously want to hire him for the NEB job?? I guess the real question is would half of you even know who he was if he was just the Oregon OC

This gets posed all the time, and frankly I think it's a dumb question.

Him being a Nebraska native that played here is part of his resume to look at as a potential head coach at Nebraska. He's a great coach in his own right, but him being a hometown boy that knows the culture, a former player that knows the program, and a good man that would embrace the values and the characteristics of the state are important.

Would Michigan have hired Brady Hoke if he wasn't a Michigan Man? Would Urban have jumped back into coaching for any job other than his homestate school? You don't think Bama will come calling to Dabo Swinney when Saban hangs it up? Would Pat Fitzgerald or Mike Gundy have essentially lifetime job security if they didn't play at NW or OSU respectively?

• Fire 4

And what if Frost has no success at UCF?

all he has to do is go .500 over several season and be nice

And what if Frost has no success at UCF?

Husker fans will say, "Its UCF, he doesn't have the talent pool or the resources of a major university like Nebraska."

"Wait until you see his staff, he won't bring the washed up leftover dead weight from UCF up here"

and then

"At least we don't have to see Riley on the sidelines daydreaming about where he is going to eat after the game, we will be respectable again"

and then

"He needs to get his guys in here, and get rid of Riley's "Nice guy's", the culture in the program is just toxicly polite"

and finally

"His QB is coming in next year guys, don't worry help is on the way"

• Fire 1

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2015/12/post_15.html

Oregon writer who's puzzled by Frost going to UCF.....almost makes it seem like the Oregon offensive coordinator job was more important than a head coaching job, disagree with him on that. Also seems convinced that Frost will end up at Nebraska.

I don't agree with this writer's line of thinking. Maybe Frost's agent put out feelers to bigger programs regarding Frost. I have a feeling these bigger programs mentioned that he needed experience running his own program.

Maybe Frost wants to try being an overall CEO type coach. The guy played both offense and defense in college. He played safety in the NFL, and he has coached offense and defense positions in the NFL. Maybe he's bored with just running an offense (that is more known with Kelly still) and wants to try running an entire program.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2015/12/post_15.html

Oregon writer who's puzzled by Frost going to UCF.....almost makes it seem like the Oregon offensive coordinator job was more important than a head coaching job, disagree with him on that. Also seems convinced that Frost will end up at Nebraska.

I don't agree with this writer's line of thinking. Maybe Frost's agent put out feelers to bigger programs regarding Frost. I have a feeling these bigger programs mentioned that he needed experience running his own program.

Maybe Frost wants to try being an overall CEO type coach. The guy played both offense and defense in college. He played safety in the NFL, and he has coached offense and defense positions in the NFL. Maybe he's bored with just running an offense (that is more known with Kelly still) and wants to try running an entire program.

I'm with you. I'm baffled that the writer thinks USC would have hired Frost, that's just ridiculous. These days, schools want head coaching experience. You didn't see Narduzzi, Herman, McElwain etc. go from coordinator to major programs. They have to work their way up.

You didn't see Narduzzi, Herman, McElwain etc. go from coordinator to major programs. They have to work their way up.

Well, Pitt isn't a major player, but they're not a bottom dweller either, and Narduzzi went there from DC.

Hiring head coaches and coordinators is a crap shoot; always will be, always has been. The last 6-7 years have changed the game as far as what AD's are looking for (ie experienced head coaches), but that's only because of the success of Saban.

Plenty of places still hire coordinators to take over if they're a hot enough commodity, although a lot of the time they're promoted from within. Kirby Smart, Bo Pelini, Mark Helfricht, Will Muschamp, Bob Stoops, Jimbo Fisher, etc.

It is interesting how some claim Frost has zero desire to return to NU and others say he wants to come home.

All of the claims of him not wanting to come here are pretty bogus based on conjecture based mostly on his time in college 20 years ago, imo. Scott's dad had an interview 2-3 years ago talking about how his son wanted to come back home, and listening to Scott speak at plenty of events over the last 10 years he always seems to genuinely speak very fondly of his state and school.

• Fire 2