Scott Frost to UCF

Everything I have been hearing out West here is just how much potential is in the UCF job. Newer facilities, good backing from adminstration, new money coming in. Basically the complete opposite of what Miami has done with their program the last 10 years.

So you wonder, we are all expecting this as a stepping stone for Frost and for him to be in Lincoln in about 2 years. But by that time will Frost even want to come here? He could be on his way to building UCF into a power, without the stress and expectations of Nebraska.

Frost is going to coach at UCF for a few years. Riley will retire from Nebraska, the Huskers will go hard after Frost, but in a cruel twist of fate & history repeating itself, Scott Frost will take the head coaching position at Stanford.

He comes to Nebraska two years later and wins a national title in the year 2

• Fire 3

Big difference between American conference (that's where UCF is now, right?) and a P5, especially an upper tier P5.

Edit: in reply to the voiced opinions that he may end up wanting to stay at UCF.

Then again, didn't Herman elect to stay at Houston? So who knows.

If the Big 12 goes after UCF to get into Florida, Frost may want to stay. Before you say "why would the Big 12 want UCF?" It's a school outside of Texas, it's in a recruiting hot bed, and it has 60k students. If the Big Ten went after Rutgers, the Big 12 going after UCF isn't so far fetched.
  • Fire 1

No problems with Frost. I'm a 27 year old fan so I was just a youngin when Frost was playing at Nebraska. Just guess I'm not a real big fan of hiring a guy just because he lived and went to school at NEB. I get it he had success at Oregon with a Heisman winning QB. I think the timing was pretty good for him because he was looking at the QB depth chart for Oregon and saw what was coming in the next couple years.

"JUST because he lived and went to school at Nebraska''???

I wonder why so many seem to hold his Nebraska roots AGAINST him..( I guess I could see if your first exposure to Husker Foosball was during the Callahan years, you might want to avoid anything that could have been infected by that hell)..

.He's not only shown a tendency to win but he's been influenced by some of the best coaches of all time.

My Prediction...His non-wife talks him into taking the vacant ASU job in a few years so she can be around family.

please someone explain why we hired Riley over Frost...

The university hired a head coach with no prior head coaching experience and, for a variety of reasons, that head coach didn't work out. A lot of fans, and I believe some officials within the university, wanted to bring in an experienced guy with good public perception.

Second, Frost has no head coaching experience.

Third, the biggest reason people even mention Frost on this board is because of his ties to Nebraska. Without those ties, I wager most people on this board would not know a thing about Scott Frost. I mean, can you or most people on this board even name 10 other offensive coordinators in college football without looking them up? I doubt it. I realize 10 is an arbitrary number but my point is that having ties to a program doesn't make you the best head coaching candidate.

Whether Riley was the correct hire is a separate argument, but there are SEVERAL coaches I would take over Scott Frost and still would right now.

• Fire 3