Sam McKewon tells 93.7 The Ticket that Scott Frost wanted to be Nebraska's OC in 2010

knapplc

Happy that Frost never had to coach under that idiot

(we all remember how Eichorst mishandled the slightly important interview process after they let Bo go)

And just how was that?

He forgot to look up Riley's w/l record on wikipedia.

I'm quite sure he knew everything about MR before the interview and liked what knew. I do to. don't mind a few growing pains to achieve greater things. Patience grasshopper.

It was just a joke! Seriously, people need more faith around here. Riley will win back to back natty's, retire on top and hand off the reigns to Frost who has 25+ years of domination that eclipses even the great TO.

Can't wait, Nebraska's back and we're here to stay!

(we all remember how Eichorst mishandled the slightly important interview process after they let Bo go)

And just how was that?

I'm quite sure he knew everything about MR before the interview and liked what knew. I do to. don't mind a few growing pains to achieve greater things. Patience grasshopper.

It was just a joke! Seriously, people need more faith around here. Riley will win back to back natty's, retire on top and hand off the reigns to Frost who has 25+ years of domination that eclipses even the great TO.

This fan base desperately needs a championship more than anything. That would ease a lot of the tension surrounding Husker Nation. I would place a wager that the majority of the fans believe Riley and his staff are incapable of producing a championship caliber football team. I would love to loose that wager too but a 60 year old coach doesn't all of a sudden just wake up the next morning saying, "I have the winning formula!" No, that person builds a track record and his is .500

• Fire 2

At this moment I don't need championships, I would just be satisified to be relevant in the college football world in the month of November.

If it makes you feel better, we were mentioned by Paul Finebaum on CFBL as Iowa's most impressive win over a "mediocre" Nebraska team. I thought "Oh, we are mediocre!!" That's a lot better than I hoped for.

#relevant

Didn't Beck try to emulate Oregon's offense the last couple years? Funny how Bo could've just got the guy himself...

No Beck's offense was mostly Nevada Pistol read option, but he junked the pass portion of it for KU's pass attack I think. Ultimately it was some bastard hybrid that never really worked.

Lol! After all these years, and now we finally have a name for it. I like this better than "multiple"

Beck was quoted as calling his offense "The Mutt" per LJS. Pretty much stole concepts from other teams while watching them on TV and put it in his playbook. I guess that erased any creativity bonus with Husker fans as well.

At this moment I don't need championships, I would just be satisified to be relevant in the college football world in the month of November.

The only way you become relevant is by winning and winning in such a way the rest of the country acknowledges and recognizes it. You do this by obtaining championships. We will never get back to becoming relevant or respected if we don't get over the hump and win this conference. Matt Davison was right today, Nebraska has to get TOUGH. Further, it wouldn't hurt to edit ourselves and go back in History and do what the teams in the 60's, 70's, 80's did and that was basic smash mouth physical football 101. You were either tough or you weren't and if you weren't, you didn't see the field period. This finesse, go where the defense isn't, no physical practices, play not to lose, spooked out mentality on offense AND defense during game day is not going to bring a championship.

Frost was what, the WRs coach at Oregon back then? He's benefited enormously in the last five seasons there and has parlayed that into a nice next step opportunity -- as head coach of UCF.

I don't think he would have grown as much under Bo's direction, versus Chip Kelly and Mark Helfrich and given Oregon's stature as a program in this period. So I think it's worked out for him.

• Fire 1

I think he will be back, when Riley retires or is asked to resign. [fired]. This is the best thing that could have happened to Frost. He needed to see what it takes to be the man running it all. I am not sure if our present AD will be here. I hope not, but if he is, I hope he listens to the fans and the big boosters are in his ear, about bringing Scott home. Frost is a Husker, and if he does well here, I doubt he will ever want another job. T O stayed even when he had a chance to bolt for Colorado, when the heat was on. To all of you who don't think having a Neb man coaching this program, is the answer, I think your wrong. I think this is what Nebraska football really needs. Who better to understand the passion for this program, and the fans. jmho

GBR!!!

I guess I have just got to see more proof that Scott Frost is 'all that!' So many are so enamered of him as a coach and I am not convinced. Even Mike Riley has many years of experience and history. Frost has none. He played under good coaches certainly and has worked for a couple. Now we will see what he can do as a HC but frankly, UCF is not exactly Nebraska, let alone a big time elite program (since Nebraska no longer qualifies). UCF compares to Frank's Ohio Bobcats I suppose and certainly with Bo's Youngstown State team. But, really, apparently being a fired HC at Nebraska is not a resume' builder. So not sure we can lure Scott away from UCF if he is successful as it may be at best a lateral move and most posts here seem to say Frost was opposed to that.

And just how was that?

This fan base desperately needs a championship more than anything. That would ease a lot of the tension surrounding Husker Nation. I would place a wager that the majority of the fans believe Riley and his staff are incapable of producing a championship caliber football team. I would love to loose that wager too but a 60 year old coach doesn't all of a sudden just wake up the next morning saying, "I have the winning formula!" No, that person builds a track record and his is .500

More than likely, Riley and team are the only conference foes to beat the B1G Champion this year. Obviously, we can play with the big boys. We were just very slow in taking the steps to get better. Other than QB play, the Iowa game was probably the closest game of it all coming together.

• Fire 1

The only way you become relevant is by winning and winning in such a way the rest of the country acknowledges and recognizes it. You do this by obtaining championships. We will never get back to becoming relevant or respected if we don't get over the hump and win this conference. Matt Davison was right today, Nebraska has to get TOUGH. Further, it wouldn't hurt to edit ourselves and go back in History and do what the teams in the 60's, 70's, 80's did and that was basic smash mouth physical football 101. You were either tough or you weren't and if you weren't, you didn't see the field period. This finesse, go where the defense isn't, no physical practices, play not to lose, spooked out mentality on offense AND defense during game day is not going to bring a championship.

It is very possible to win at a high level and still not win a championship. If Iowa loses on Saturday they just went 12-1 and didn't win a championship. If they lose a close game to MSU say 1 possesion they most like won't even drop out of the top ten. They will then most likely get the Rose Bowl bid to play the PAC 12 winner USC or Stanford. If they were to win that game they finish the season 13-1 in the top ten without a championship.

Being relevent in college football is a year to year thing in a lot of cases. Iowa wasn't relevent last year, but they are this year. Other teams that were not relevent last year but are this year are Oklahoma, Okie St, NC. Oregon is not relevent this year, neither is Ole Miss, Miss St., Auburn, Georgia Tech, or Duke. Arizona and Arizona St were the media darlings coming into the season, heck I even saw both of those teams listed as dark horse playoff teams. They both have 5 losses this year. Stanford was left for dead last year and now is in the top ten this year. Relevence is a year to year thing in football for most teams not named Ohio St and Alabama in this day and age of football.

• Fire 1