Tommy Armstrong's Instagram

Dansker

This is stupid in my opinion. It is those kids against the world! Do you not see the BS that gets posted if they make even ONE mistake?! Moore was RASHED over dropping the winning TD against MSU last year. Should it have been caught? Sure! Should be have been harassed, told to go elsewhere, stop playing football because he sucks? Heck no he shouldn't! This is with every player though, not just one, or a couple. Social Media blasts these kids, our fans blast these kids. They don't play for you, they play for those coaching and supporting them. They play for the University of Nebraska. Fans supporting and being there, is the extra motivation and push these kids want.

It is, "Then against the World" and in my opinion, a mentality that should be instilled. Because its not him saying "Its us against the fans", so stop reading into crap.

• Fire 6

I see what I think are a lot of very rational responses here, thank god!

People (fans) are a$$hole$ when things are going bad...to pretend like these players don't see it/hear it or read it is insane...I don't think it is the players being against the fans...I think it is the players being against the a$$hole$ that tell them to nasty stuff all the time.

Shoot...think how bent some of us posters get when we get "called out"...imagine what it is like for the players.

I feel like we have heard something similar from our QBs after a disappointing year for since forever. Im not questioning Tommys want to. I am questioning his git er done.

Well, you might be on to something there. I've gone on record to say that this QB situation reminds me of Joe Dailey & 2004 and the whole square peg/round hole routine.

Honestly, I've had to limit watching games to a select few people. Husker Nation is fraught with bipolar brats that make watching the game insufferable. It's a myriad of people butt hurt over Bo, butt hurt over Solich, those still stuck in the 90s, Riley Haters, Riley Honeymooners, and everyone's favorite: the racist that hates an African American QB. So I get "us vs. the world". The trash I see posted to social media on game day says it all.

Honestly, I've had to limit watching games to a select few people. Husker Nation is fraught with bipolar brats that make watching the game insufferable. It's a myriad of people butt hurt over Bo, butt hurt over Solich, those still stuck in the 90s, Riley Haters, Riley Honeymooners, and everyone's favorite: the racist that hates an African American QB. So I get "us vs. the world". The trash I see posted to social media on game day says it all.

You know what...I don't know if I thought about it but after reading this you are right! And you kind of nailed all the groups!

• Fire 1

Just as Tommy seems to try to do too much on the field, he is also trying too hard off the field. Riley gave him a completely fair shot to lead NU in 2015 and he failed, and I do not trust him to lead this team in 2016. If he has not been able to show signs of improvement in 3 years of starting, I don't see a miraculous turnaround in year 4.

• Fire 2

Just as Tommy seems to try to do too much on the field, he is also trying too hard off the field. Riley gave him a completely fair shot to lead NU in 2015 and he failed, and I do not trust him to lead this team in 2016. If he has not been able to show signs of improvement in 3 years of starting, I don't see a miraculous turnaround in year 4.

Well, Riley pretty much showed what kind of coach he was with his 15 years of college head coaching experience. I'm not expecting a miraculous turnaround in year 16.

Well, Riley pretty much showed what kind of coach he was with his 15 years of college head coaching experience. I'm not expecting a miraculous turnaround in year 16.

Isn't it ironic...