S Jaylen Kelly-Powell [Michigan - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Someone should let him know we have 307 All Time Academic All Americans and that the next college, Notre Dame has 231. It's not even close.

No one has better sports and academics than Nebraska.

http://forms.cosida.com/Academic%20All-America/aaaselections.aspx

I would agree, but would revise the statement by saying: nobody has better academic support for its athletes than Nebraska.

Playing devils advocate, there are plenty of other schools with higher ranking academic programs (depending on field of study), especially here in the B1G Ten.

The important thing is that the chances of an athlete succeeding in their academic pursuits is better here, regardless of sport or coach.

Someone should let him know we have 307 All Time Academic All Americans and that the next college, Notre Dame has 231. It's not even close.

I would agree, but would revise the statement by saying: nobody has better academic support for its athletes than Nebraska.

Playing devils advocate, there are plenty of other schools with higher ranking academic programs (depending on field of study), especially here in the B1G Ten.

The important thing is that the chances of an athlete succeeding in their academic pursuits is better here, regardless of sport or coach.

Hey IA State Huskers - not trolling here, seriously asking ... what's the source you use to back up the academic support for athletes at NE? How do we prove that the chances of an athlete succeeding is greater at NE than elsewhere?

Hey IA State Huskers - not trolling here, seriously asking ... what's the source you use to back up the academic support for athletes at NE? How do we prove that the chances of an athlete succeeding is greater at NE than elsewhere?

For the 2014-15 year, Nebraska was 2nd in the B1G for GSR (graduation success rate) behind Northwestern. Source: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/graduation-success-rate

Nebraska clocked in at 85% while Northwestern hit 97%. Closest to us was Rutgers at 83%.

If he truly wanted the best GSR school on his offer list...it would probably be Duke or Stanford.

But honestly, if he wants to see the best supported athletic program as far as academics, I can't think of any program out there that can rival ours...we've invested over 16.2 million in student athlete facilities, programs and assistance in the past 2-3 years...including, giving each student athlete a laptop to use during their time here. Source: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=4270

As everyone here knows, tutors are available for large gaps of time for student athletes in a variety of subjects. There are 14 full time staff members that support these endeavors. Nebraska is VERY serious about student athlete education.

If it were me, I would make sure I put these programs at other schools up against what Nebraska offers and what it has achieved in the past. Using that formula, I truly believe that "there is no place like Nebraska".

Good info to have on hand - thank you. Lots of folks making broad statements on how great their education/graduation/academics program is (or isn't - not just talking NE here) but there doesn't seem to be a reputable source that can be pointed to as fact. I like having this info. Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

The first big jump to overcome with any kid who hasn't been to Nebraska is convincing them we have a huge stadium and we're in a good sized city. We aren't corn fields. He was on campus so he saw that. 2nd hump to overcome is showing him he would be playing with top tier talent. We did that at the camp by Him seeing the high caliber recruits interested in us. The next step is getting his parents to see our academics/family/and to have his mom meet Mike Riley. So we need to get him in for an OV. If he comes for an OV and brings parents, there's a real good chance we land him.

• Fire 1