It's Official: Foster Farms Bowl: NU v UCLA, Dec. 26

Funny thing is that there is a large part of the Bruin fan base who think we'd be better off without Noel Mazzone....They think he's too conservative in his play calling...

Of course, I've always found that to be true of just about every fan base...Everyone thinks their OC is too conservative...

With Mazzone, it was a bit scary.,..he actually was at the Team Awards Banquet when, suddenly he wasn't feeling well and was taken to the hospital...I'm glad to see he's back up and around...

Funny thing is that there is a large part of the Bruin fan base who think we'd be better off without Noel Mazzone....They think he's too conservative in his play calling...

Of course, I've always found that to be true of just about every fan base...Everyone thinks their OC is too conservative...

With Mazzone, it was a bit scary.,..he actually was at the Team Awards Banquet when, suddenly he wasn't feeling well and was taken to the hospital...I'm glad to see he's back up and around...

a big portion of our fan base wants to fire our oc if he calls a forward pass.

No, not really. It's more the of the "throwing the ball 50 times with this QB stable is dumb" variety.

• Fire 2

No, not really. It's more the of the "throwing the ball 50 times with this QB stable is dumb" variety.

And throwing deep on 4th and 1

• Fire 1

People keep saying this, but Nebraska never threw the ball 50 times this year. Although Michigan State, Michigan and Wisconsin did.

Nebraska averaged 36 passes per game. Or slightly more than the four teams in the hunt for the national championship -- who didn't play from behind in the fourth quarter as often this season.

Clemson 34 attempts per game

Oklahoma 33 attempts per game

MSU 30 attempts per game

Alabama 30 attempts per game

Their quarterbacks didn't throw as many interceptions as Armstrong & Fyfe, but they also had better offensive lines, running backs and defenses, as good teams typically do.

People keep saying this, but Nebraska never threw the ball 50 times this year. Although Michigan State, Michigan and Wisconsin did.

Nebraska averaged 36 passes per game. Or slightly more than the four teams in the hunt for the national championship -- who didn't play from behind in the fourth quarter as often this season.

Clemson 34 attempts per game

Oklahoma 33 attempts per game

MSU 30 attempts per game

Alabama 30 attempts per game

Their quarterbacks didn't throw as many interceptions as Armstrong & Fyfe, but they also had better offensive lines, running backs and defenses, as good teams typically do.

Ok, does 45 times work? Or we can just round it down to 40 (in which we lost every time) and forget my slightly hyperbolic number.

• Fire 3

LOL...gotta love how some folks have to look at things as black and white, when the reality is (more than 50) shades of gray.

Again--the problem with our OC isn't that he calls forward passes. It's the type of passes called, the settings/conditions (e.g. weather, gameflow, strategy) he's making the calls in, the frequency/consistency of those play calls, and how our OC doesn't appear to take into account the skillsets of the players involved when he calls those plays.

Or, all things that an Offensive Coordinator should concern himself with as part of his duties.

LOL...gotta love how some folks have to look at things as black and white, when the reality is (more than 50) shades of gray.

Again--the problem with our OC isn't that he calls forward passes. It's the type of passes called, the settings/conditions (e.g. weather, gameflow, strategy) he's making the calls in, the frequency/consistency of those play calls, and how our OC doesn't appear to take into account the skillsets of the players involved when he calls those plays.

Or, all things that an Offensive Coordinator should concern himself with as part of his duties.

You probably should have read my follow up.