JUCO LB Kapri Doucet [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

swmohusker ... so tell me about this guy. Is some stud that we just can't pass on?

I hope so. Hard to tell with juco film. Level of athletes at the juco make it hard. Some studs out there and then some scrubs. He shows very good athleticism for an LB and plays well in space. Quick to close on the ball. Film reminded me a bit of Zaire. But who the heck knows if this guy will be a player. I would ignore the 2 star rating though. They don't scout juco guys very well. I would trust a coach evaluation over rivals or scout on juco guys.

While I 100% agree with you on trusting the coach's evaluation, I don't want people running around denying the fact that the coaches evaluation was "This guy isn't deserving of an offer unless we miss out on a few of our top targets, because they're better/can play here longer/etc."

swmohusker ... so tell me about this guy. Is some stud that we just can't pass on?

I hope so. Hard to tell with juco film. Level of athletes at the juco make it hard. Some studs out there and then some scrubs. He shows very good athleticism for an LB and plays well in space. Quick to close on the ball. Film reminded me a bit of Zaire. But who the heck knows if this guy will be a player. I would ignore the 2 star rating though. They don't scout juco guys very well. I would trust a coach evaluation over rivals or scout on juco guys.

2 Star means that he has not been evaluated.

Not true. He is a 5.4 rated 2 star which means they see him as a role player in college. A no star means no eval

A Two-star prospect is a player that has the ability, but there is not enough known about the prospect to rank them accurately.

Off topic but this is what rivals says about the star system and what they mean.

5.4-5.0-Division I prospect; considered a mid-major prospect; deemed to have limited pro potential but definite Division I prospect; may be more of a role player

4.9 Sleeper; no Rivals.com expert knew much, if anything, about this player; a prospect that only a college coach really knew about

Off topic but this is what rivals says about the star system and what they mean.

5.4-5.0-Division I prospect; considered a mid-major prospect; deemed to have limited pro potential but definite Division I prospect; may be more of a role player

4.9 Sleeper; no Rivals.com expert knew much, if anything, about this player; a prospect that only a college coach really knew about

I'm confused. What is 5.4-5.0 and 4.9

Along with a star rating, each player is assigned a numerical value that translates to what their stars are. Check Rivals and the number is directly below their stars.

Along with a star rating, each player is assigned a numerical value that translates to what their stars are. Check Rivals and the number is directly below their stars.

Ok. I'm just used to the way 247 grades them. Thanks.

247 is a composite and that is were i quoted the criteria of a 2 star.

247 is a composite and that is were i quoted the criteria of a 2 star.

Understand. That's in large part why I like 247. They take more people's evaluation into consideration.

I agree that star ratings of Jucos are less concerning, as most the services spend the majority of their effort evaluating high school prospects. This kid's film is solid and he has other offers AND we need some Jucos to provide depth to the D has we attempt to rebuild the roster.

I have often thought there was a niche there, like a company could specialize in JUCOS and get some instant attention both by fans and coaches.

Four Falcons Recognized as NJCAA All Americans

Dec 16, 2015

The NJCAA has announced its All Americans for the recently completed 2015 football season. Four Lackawanna players were amongst those receiving that honor.

Named to the defensive First Team was linebacker Kapri Doucet. A resident of Williamsburg, Virginia, and graduate of Bruton High School. During the 2015 campaign he was credited with 40 unassisted and 19 assisted tackles. He accumulated 17.5 tackles for losses of 80 yards. Doucet also grabbed 1 interception which he returned 84 yards for a touchdown. He was the master of the big play as he recorded a Northeast Football Conference best 7 sacks costing the opponents 44 yards and forced 1 fumble while recovering 2.

At the conclusion of its regular season, the Northeast Football Conference selected Doucet to its First Team All-Conference and was named the conference Defensive Player of the Year.

Coach, Mark Duda was extremely pleased with the selection of Doucet as an All American. Duda said "Kapri is one of the best linebackers I have seen .His speed and ability to change direction is amazing and he has the big play ability that makes him special." Duda added, "It is no wonder that he is so highly recruited and will no doubt be an upper level D1 player".

Presently, Doucet is undecided where he will continue his college football career next autumn.