Collins and Valentine coming back next year?

GBRedneck

I don't think VV is NFL material at this point. Too many injuries, not enough time on the field to prove he can remain on the field.

Collins I can understand, but insurance can be taken out to cover injury. Suh benefited greatly by staying his senior year, Collins could be the same.

The financial considerations of Suh and Collins are completely different. The rookie scale in the NFL has significantly changed since Suh signed his huge rookie contract. NFL players make significantly less money on their rookie deals, and don't get huge money until their second contracts. That is why spending an extra year at NU isn't that beneficial too Collins. He should go pro, hope he kicks ass, and get to this 2nd contract a year earlier than he would if he came back for his senior year.

it's all relative i guess, money, injury prone, development.......they both need polish and conditioning to be dominate players in the NFL.

I don't think VV is NFL material at this point. Too many injuries, not enough time on the field to prove he can remain on the field.

Collins I can understand, but insurance can be taken out to cover injury. Suh benefited greatly by staying his senior year, Collins could be the same.

The financial considerations of Suh and Collins are completely different. The rookie scale in the NFL has significantly changed since Suh signed his huge rookie contract. NFL players make significantly less money on their rookie deals, and don't get huge money until their second contracts. That is why spending an extra year at NU isn't that beneficial too Collins. He should go pro, hope he kicks ass, and get to this 2nd contract a year earlier than he would if he came back for his senior year.

it's all relative i guess, money, injury prone, development.......they both need polish and conditioning to be dominate players in the NFL.
And where are they going to get the best training, when they are full time players in the NFL and not having to deal with the hassles of college.

• 2 weeks later...