Looking Back At The Last Coaching Hire

Saunders

I believe the multitide of sources that are saying it happened.

No "multitude" exists. The only actual factual sources could be from the Nebraska Athletic Dept or Bielema's agent.

Oh come on knapp, you know how the hiring game works in this day and age. Do you think Callahan as SP's first choice too?

So now, "multitude of sources" = "you know how the hiring game works in this day and age. OK???

No. Multitude = multiple people reporting it, hence the links and word multiple.

It means it's not a solid story. Anonymous sources make great offseason fodder for guys on message boards, but they're not to be taken seriously.

Further, where did these anonymous sources get their info from? Gil Brandt? There are an awful lot of presumptions being made based on no real information.

If you want to believe that Bret Bielema was a candidate at Nebraska, knock yourself out. There's zero proof, the thinnest veil of insinuations, all of which came to us during what is commonly referred to as "the silly season."

I'm not going to worry about it, myself. I like proof.

You're not sure where people on Bielema's staff might have been getting their information from?

The real information is that people on Bielema's staff said they thought they were going to Nebraska. Unless you think the LJS was completely fabricating the story, it doesn't make any difference that they didn't list actual names.

Why would the LJS completely fabricate the story? Why would people at Arkansas completely fabricate the story?

two clues:

1) M O N E _

2) B R E T T _ _ _ _ _ _ A

LJS was not fabricating they were reporting what Arkansas group was saying....

It means it's not a solid story. Anonymous sources make great offseason fodder for guys on message boards, but they're not to be taken seriously.

Further, where did these anonymous sources get their info from? Gil Brandt? There are an awful lot of presumptions being made based on no real information.

If you want to believe that Bret Bielema was a candidate at Nebraska, knock yourself out. There's zero proof, the thinnest veil of insinuations, all of which came to us during what is commonly referred to as "the silly season."

You're not sure where people on Bielema's staff might have been getting their information from?

The real information is that people on Bielema's staff said they thought they were going to Nebraska. Unless you think the LJS was completely fabricating the story, it doesn't make any difference that they didn't list actual names.

Why would the LJS completely fabricate the story? Why would people at Arkansas completely fabricate the story?

two clues:

1) M O N E _

So Bert made it up just to get a raise from Jeff Long?

Oh, ok....

This whole thing has spiraled into a lot of things.

But no one can prove that Eichorst LIED about the 2 things that Saunders was saying he lied about. If you choose to not believe him, that's your opinion. That doesn't prove he lied.

He has plausible deniability on the Bert offer. But not on the policy change. That was a bold faced lie.

NO it wasn't. Changing your mind on how you handle something, whether you like it or not, is not a lie.

I don't drink Sunday through Thursday. But if I decide to have a beer on a Tuesday, it doesn't make me a liar.

I think people get caught up on the word "liar"

Example...you are a sales guy and applying for a new gig...you were responsible for 9.75 million in sales at your last job...on your resume you put down "Responsible for 10 million in sales"

Did you lie? Sure...are you a liar? Sure...is it a big deal? Only if someone wants to make it one.

SE might not have "offered" the job to anyone else but he sure as heck might have had some other people put out a few feelers.

I know what you are trying to say but it isn't the same thing.

Exactly! That is why people get caught up with the word "liar"

What I mean is that in your scenario, you can actually disprove your salesman in an actual falsehood.

A guy making a policy change does not constitute lying.

Augusta National had a policy of not letting black people as members. Or women. Both of those policies have changed. Does that make them liars?

Agree completely and if they ask me to come play there I will definitely say NO - damn liars!!!

Well maybe I'll play, however I won't say "thank you"

• Fire 2

This whole thing has spiraled into a lot of things.

But no one can prove that Eichorst LIED about the 2 things that Saunders was saying he lied about. If you choose to not believe him, that's your opinion. That doesn't prove he lied.

He has plausible deniability on the Bert offer. But not on the policy change. That was a bold faced lie.

NO it wasn't. Changing your mind on how you handle something, whether you like it or not, is not a lie.

I don't drink Sunday through Thursday. But if I decide to have a beer on a Tuesday, it doesn't make me a liar.

I think people get caught up on the word "liar"

Example...you are a sales guy and applying for a new gig...you were responsible for 9.75 million in sales at your last job...on your resume you put down "Responsible for 10 million in sales"

Did you lie? Sure...are you a liar? Sure...is it a big deal? Only if someone wants to make it one.

SE might not have "offered" the job to anyone else but he sure as heck might have had some other people put out a few feelers.

I know what you are trying to say but it isn't the same thing.

Exactly! That is why people get caught up with the word "liar"

Augusta National had a policy of not letting black people as members. Or women. Both of those policies have changed. Does that make them liars?

If they stated they had that policy, and then allowed certain minorities or women in, then yes, they are liars about the policy, at least to the extent they leaned on it previously to justify past action (or inaction).

Oh, and they are bigoted misogynists.

At least Eichorst doesn't appear to be that... just a spineless paper pusher.

two clues:

1) M O N E _

Oh, ok....

Man you are a fast thinker - Good Job !!!!

Oh, ok....

I sometimes feel like I post all this great stuff and nobody reads it. I've been shadowbanned or I'm on everyone's ignore list.

Bielema got a nice raise in 2/2015, not two months after the "Bert to Nebraska" rumors surfaced. Gil Brandt, his buddy from Wisconsin, was the "source" of these rumors.

Bert now makes in excess of $4,000,000. These rumors aren't an accident, they're related to the new contract, and Bert was never, ever a candidate for the Nebraska job.

• Fire 8

Oh, ok....

I sometimes feel like I post all this great stuff and nobody reads it. I've been shadowbanned or I'm on everyone's ignore list.

Bielema got a nice raise in 2/2015, not two months after the "Bert to Nebraska" rumors surfaced. Gil Brandt, his buddy from Wisconsin, was the "source" of these rumors.

Bert now makes in excess of $4,000,000. These rumors aren't an accident, they're related to the new contract, and Bert was never, ever a candidate for the Nebraska job.

So Jeff Long, widely regarded as one of the better AD's around the country, so much so that he was made the head of the new playoff committee... Gave Bert a raise based on a bluff that he didn't at least do some checking on?

I don't buy it.

Oh, ok....

So Jeff Long, widely regarded as one of the better AD's around the country, so much so that he was made the head of the new playoff committee... Gave Bert a raise based on a bluff that he didn't at least do some checking on?

I don't buy it.

Are you buying that Bert earned that raise based off his 7-6 season?

• Fire 1

Oh, ok....

I don't buy it.

I think there was also sentiment that Long didn't want to partake in another coaching search one year after conducting the one that got them Bielema

• Fire 1