Official "way too early" 2016 starting lineup prediction thread

Hujan

Even when Beck ran to setup the pass for Tommy, Tommy found a way to make bad decisions. Tommy found plenty of ways to lose, even when playing in 'his system'. He had a great game the other night, but he's just too streaky to lead us to a conference title. We need a Cook/Beathard to distribute the ball around, and not just to the one guy Tommy locks in on.

It's even more critical, that we have a consistent passing game, when the defense knows it's coming on 3rd down.

That said, I imagine we'll have to endure one more year with him until an alternative is developed.

Bite ur tongue with the beathard talk. He is a game manager, exactly like Tommy was the other night

Any of you see one of the Davis twins starting on the D line - maybe not 1st game but by conference play? I thought they were tearing it up on the scout team?

I've heard good things about the Davis twins, but I am surprised people keep penciling them in at the DT spots. Last I looked, they were listed at ~250 lbs., which is WAY too small to play DT in the Big Ten. They will get plowed over. As bad as Banker's D was at times, it could at least count on two +300 lbs. tackles plugging up the middle. If you put in two 250 lbs. tackles, teams are going to start doing to us what we did to UCLA. We'd have problems stopping the run AND pass.

IMO, if they are that light, I'd like to see what the Davis twins can do on the outside. If they have the athleticism to be premier pass rushers, having a tandem like that on the outside with a couple big heavies to plug the middle would be amazing.

They were listed at 265 and I am sure they are bigger & stronger after a year in the program. Collins was listed at 290 before this year.

I'm really liking the WR's too with Carter also looking better at TE and our receiving strength may be a strong consideration why POB can play next season because if he can get the ball out quickly and accurately then that could be deadly. Let's see what happens there. Can we protect whoever is at QB? OL is a big ? for me on how they will do next season. Defense looks too thin to me. Are there any stud CB's that are ready to play next season? What is latest on Lee and Anderson? And C Jax?

Any of you see one of the Davis twins starting on the D line - maybe not 1st game but by conference play? I thought they were tearing it up on the scout team?

I've heard good things about the Davis twins, but I am surprised people keep penciling them in at the DT spots. Last I looked, they were listed at ~250 lbs., which is WAY too small to play DT in the Big Ten. They will get plowed over. As bad as Banker's D was at times, it could at least count on two +300 lbs. tackles plugging up the middle. If you put in two 250 lbs. tackles, teams are going to start doing to us what we did to UCLA. We'd have problems stopping the run AND pass.

IMO, if they are that light, I'd like to see what the Davis twins can do on the outside. If they have the athleticism to be premier pass rushers, having a tandem like that on the outside with a couple big heavies to plug the middle would be amazing.

They were listed at 265 and I am sure they are bigger & stronger after a year in the program. Collins was listed at 290 before this year.

I hope you're right. Anything less than 285 is going to be a liability in this D.

Agree - I'd love to see 2 explosive guys pushing from both sides wt VV (hopefully) in the middle wt another large body to plug the run.

I hope you're right. Anything less than 285 is going to be a liability in this D.

I agree, but we will have another year to develop them. Maybe some backup snaps are in place for 2016.

I know we are still about 2 months away from signing day, but does anyone see a true freshman from the 2016 class coming in and getting significant playing time?

If we pulled in Lamar Jackson at safety or CB I think he could make immediate impact for sure. He would be competing with Eric Lee/Avery Anderson. But this guy is a Top 5 recruit at his position.

Maybe Raridon/Farniok (if he commits) could sneak in on the O-Line if not redshirting

Also could see J.D. Spielman getting in on some special teams

Now that the off-season is officially upon us, who do you think starts on O and D in 2016? My guesses:

OFFENSE

QB: Tommy Armstrong

RB: Devine Ozigbo

FB: ???

TE: Cethan Carter

WR: Jordan Westerkamp

WR: Stanley Morgan

OT: Nick Gates

OG: ???

C: ???

OT: ???

DEFENSE

DE: Freedom Akinmoladun

DT: Vincent Valentine

DT: Kevin Williams

DE: Greg McMullin

OLB: Michael Rose-Ivey

MLB: Josh Banderas

OLB: Dedrick Young / Marcus Newby

CB: Chris Jones

FS: ???

SS: Nate Gerry

CB: ???

Agreed. But I'd put Reilly at that 3rd WR slot.

You're dropping Pierson-El to 4th string??

Now that the off-season is officially upon us, who do you think starts on O and D in 2016? My guesses:

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

5th string after coach Williams' son

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

5th string after coach Williams' son

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

I don't think Pierson-El being the 4th WR makes him 4th string...out top 5 WR's will be pretty damn good. Westy, Morgan, Pierson-El, Reilly, Moore.

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

You realize that we have three first string WRs, right? X, Y and Z.