With hard part in the past, Nebraska football expects bright future

Well yeah, turnovers tend to swing a game in the opponents favor. Turnovers don't make a loss acceptable.

Fact of the matter is we played a team on the road who had nothing to lose, we were banged up all over and most importantly our backup QB managed 40+pts despite turning it over like 100 times. The defense needed to step up on those turnovers and they didn't. It was a big wake up call and they learned from it. Nobody learned sh#t from the ISU 09 loss.

Well actually.... we changed our "offensive philosophy" after that game, and rode our defense and special teams to almost* winning a conference title.

But both losses sucked (although Purdue was a much worse team).

*f#*k Texas.

We had no offenseive philosophy because we had no offense.

I firmly believe the whole team was either hungover, stoned or replaced with monkeys that day.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, if Callahan was such an awesome recruiter why didn't we have a damn QB in 2009 besides Zac Lee?

Because Bo ran off Blaine Gabbert in the '08 class!!!

Actually, my post is a joke.

I looked back at the '06 and '07 classes. Josh Freeman de-committed last minute in '07 and Callahan brought in Patrick Witt from high school along with Lee from JUCO in '07.

2008 Mizzou @home

2008 Oklahoma

2009 Texas Tech @ home

2009 Iowa State @ home

2010 Texas @ home

2010 Washington in Bowl after already beating them

2011 Wisconsin

2011 Northwestern @ home

2011 Michigan

2012 Ohio State

2012 Wisconsin title game

2013 UCLA @ home

2013 Michigan State @ home

2013 Iowa @ home

2014 Wisconsin

These games ended up defining the Pelini legacy. All were turds in their own right. Sloppy offense, pourous defense or both! I was lucky enough to see 5 of these live and in person!

Riley's big embarassing loss is to Purdue on the road with a "backup" QB. Sorry but he hasn't even sniffed Bo's sh#t show of losses yet

Pelini's uncontrollable temper in an ever so politically correct nation is what defined his legacy, not those games. He also turned out two of the best defenses in Nebraska history. There were some bad games too, but dont forget he had a lot of wins. In the end his behavior and personality were too much to bear. People will look at his over all record not the few games he dropped where the other staff had our number. In my view the 2009 defense was the best I have seen and would have easily been NC if we had even a mediocre offense. The offense was so inept that at times the defense needed to score to ensure a win, which they did. Now its one thing to have a defense that you can count on to stop the other team. It is something else to have a defense that you can count on to SCORE.

2008 Mizzou @home

2008 Oklahoma

2009 Texas Tech @ home

2009 Iowa State @ home

2010 Texas @ home

2010 Washington in Bowl after already beating them

2011 Wisconsin

2011 Northwestern @ home

2011 Michigan

2012 Ohio State

2012 Wisconsin title game

2013 UCLA @ home

2013 Michigan State @ home

2013 Iowa @ home

2014 Wisconsin

These games ended up defining the Pelini legacy. All were turds in their own right. Sloppy offense, pourous defense or both! I was lucky enough to see 5 of these live and in person!

Riley's big embarassing loss is to Purdue on the road with a "backup" QB. Sorry but he hasn't even sniffed Bo's sh#t show of losses yet

Pelini's uncontrollable temper in an ever so politically correct nation is what defined his legacy, not those games. He also turned out two of the best defenses in Nebraska history. There were some bad games too, but dont forget he had a lot of wins. In the end his behavior and personality were too much to bear. People will look at his over all record not the few games he dropped where the other staff had our number. In my view the 2009 defense was the best I have seen and would have easily been NC if we had even a mediocre offense. The offense was so inept that at times the defense needed to score to ensure a win, which they did. Now its one thing to have a defense that you can count on to stop the other team. It is something else to have a defense that you can count on to SCORE.

His temper is the easy thing to point to and would be completely ignored by most if he would have delivered us hardware in 09 10 and 12.

The 09 and 10 defensive units are the last time I remember feeling totally comfortable watching Nebraska play.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, if Callahan was such an awesome recruiter why didn't we have a damn QB in 2009 besides Zac Lee?

Meh, his brother bailed on us too I believe.

Yeah, Watson wanted his little bro who wasn't nearly as good as Blaine, and he bailed on NU last minute, too.

Yeah, Watson wanted his little bro who wasn't nearly as good as Blaine, and he bailed on NU last minute, too.

Not real sad about it but Gabbert woulda been more of an impactful talent than Zac Lee, even though he was dreamy and all.

Not real sad about it but Gabbert woulda been more of an impactful talent than Zac Lee, even though he was dreamy and all.

Blaine Gabbert was a very good QB and much better than Lee. Younger Gabbert was terrible and didn't last at Mizzou.

His sister was much more dreamy.

In Pelini's first year, he had embarrassing losses to #4 Missouri and #4 Oklahoma. Riley certainly sniff's those sh#t shows with Purdue and Illinois...

Because any team in the country that scores 45 points on Purdue is just not good enough on a Saturday? :blink: