Keep an eye on Oklahoma

The Duke

The only way I see Oklahoma ever joining the Big 10 is if the conference expands to 20 teams.

Kansas

Kansas St

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St

Iowa St

and......(gulp) Texas

This is the only scenario where I could see Oklahoma joining. But I don't see conferences getting to 20 teams any time soon.

West

Iowa

Iowa St

Kansas

Kansas St

Minnesota

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St

Texas

Wisconsin

East

Indiana

Illinois

Michigan

Michigan St

Northwestern

Maryland

Rutgers

Ohio St

Penn St

Purdue

I would be thrilled to be in a division that included:

Oklahoma

Nebraska

Wisconsin

Iowa

Kansas

Minnesota

Northwestern

Purdue

Iowa State, Okie Lite and K-Sucks would be in a bad situation. The Big 12 would basically be dying and they would have to scrape to jump in with Texas or take an invite to the Mouintain West.

I would welcome that division lineup. Adding Oklahoma would be the ultimate equalizer for the West division as we would then have our own Big 4 vs. the East's - Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State. Not to mention you would have arguably two of the best/historically known college football rivalries occurring in two separate divisions as well. No way Nebraska continues playing Iowa on Black Friday should OU look to join the B1G.

WEST

-Illinois

-Iowa

-Minnesota

-Nebraska

-Northwestern

-Oklahoma

-Purdue

-Wisconsin

EAST

-Indiana

-Maryland

-Michigan

-Michigan State

-Notre Dame (my 2nd favorite team)

-Ohio State

-Penn State

-Rutgers

Wishful thinking but unfortunately never happen. And I still didn't understanding why added Rutgers and Maryland

Anyway, probably BYU and Houston will join Bevo Conference.

The only way I see Oklahoma ever joining the Big 10 is if the conference expands to 20 teams.

Kansas

Kansas St

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St

Iowa St

and......(gulp) Texas

This is the only scenario where I could see Oklahoma joining. But I don't see conferences getting to 20 teams any time soon.

West

Iowa

Iowa St

Kansas

Kansas St

Minnesota

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St

Texas

Wisconsin

East

Indiana

Illinois

Michigan

Michigan St

Northwestern

Maryland

Rutgers

Ohio St

Penn St

Purdue

Then we could be the Big Tens.

Oklahoma seems like a better fit for the SEC than the Big Ten. IMO.

Agreed.

One day I could see the SEC going to 20 by adding FSU, Miami, GT, Clemson, Okie Lite & OU. Pushing the Big Ten to finish off the ACC by taking UNC, Louisville, Duke, Pitt, VT & forcing Notre Dumb in. Then the Pac12 will sweep in & take what they want from the Big 12.

At some point the Power 5 teams are going to realize that they are in power, and they're going to quit accepting other teams, forcing the money to be split even more. ACC is going to stay as it is, there's no threat of it disintegrating.

Kansas

Kansas St

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St

Iowa St

and......(gulp) Texas

West

Iowa

Iowa St

Kansas

Kansas St

Minnesota

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St

Texas

Wisconsin

East

Indiana

Illinois

Michigan

Michigan St

Northwestern

Maryland

Rutgers

Ohio St

Penn St

Purdue

I'd prefer to see Norte Dame instead of Texas - but I know that may be impossible. Just seems to be a more natural fit in so many ways. Texas is too far away for Big 10 - they'd be better in SEC; Louisville was a better target - wish we had them instead of Rutgers. Besides I hate texas and they ruin every conference they are in.

I'd like to see quads of 5 teams each & 2 divisions for CCG purpose. Play your quad every year (4 games) and 2 teams from the other Western quad and 3 games from the East Division - divided between the 2 east quads. With 2 10 team divisions you would never play the other division teams unless you met in the ccg or eliminated all non-conference games. Of course wt 4 quads of 5 teams each, a new formula would have to be created to qualify of the CCG - you couldn't have a 4 team playoff. Highest 2 ranked teams (1 per division) play for CCG.

Quad West - 1

Nebraska

Kansas

Kansas State

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Quad West - 2

Wisc

Iowa

Iowa State

Minnesota

Illinois

Quad East - 1

Michigan

Michigan State

Purdue

Indiana

Northwestern

Big 10 would need to preserve the OSU/Michigan game.

Quad East - 2

Penn State

Ohio State

Maryland

Rutgers

Norte Dame (or Texas, or Louisville - )

If the Big Ten adds OU and KU we can continue with the divisions by moving Purdue to the East. If they went beyond those two and added more from the Big 12 or smuggled away Virginia and someone else, they would likely look at the pod format the Wac used, like the quads mentioned above.

• I understand why Big 10 got Rutgers and Maryland but it would have been nice to have gotten Louisville, VT or Virginia - Add Louisville and Kansas to Big 10 basketball and you really got something.

Louisville fits academically into the B1G like oil fits with water

Yes that would be a problem.