Quarterback Development

BRV920

This thread has been throughly derailed.

Does it really matter. It's a kid that is committed to Ohio State. There's not much else to talk about in this thread other than what is.

Yes. People check on the recruiting forums fervently close to signing day and this junk just wastes space. Now, it might be an appropriate discussion in some other section of the board.

You have your version of what happened and I have mine. Maybe Langsdorf actually figured out how to call a game that was tailored to Tommy's strengths. The numbers back up my version.

Not sure how anyone would say Beck is a better developer than Langsdorf...Who has Beck ever developed?? Had arguably two QBs that would start on any team in the NCAA and still found a way to make them worse than last year

So Langdorf developed Armstrong this season? Still throws off his back foot, still makes bad decisions in the passing game, and still won't throw the ball away instead of taking a sack. Sorry I'm not impressed with Langsdorf and don't even get me started on his play calling.

So Langdorf developed Armstrong this season? Still throws off his back foot, still makes bad decisions in the passing game, and still won't throw the ball away instead of taking a sack. Sorry I'm not impressed with Langsdorf and don't even get me started on his play calling.

Did you miss the part about where TA basically didn't listen to him most of the year. How can you help someone if they will not listen to you? Just like me trying to help you understand, but you not listening.

• Fire 3

Why does the NFL place such a premium on drafting an elite QB when they could all just be coached to play better?

The expectations of a QB coach have become ridiculous.

• Fire 2

Did you miss the part about where TA basically didn't listen to him most of the year. How can you help someone if they will not listen to you? Just like me trying to help you understand, but you not listening.

So Langs had one year with him and Beck had how many??

Depends on how you want to look at it. Beck was here when TA was a True Freshman and then he was kind of thrown in as a redshirt freshman and then the sophomore year. So the one on one time Beck spent with TA with Martinez still on the team leads me to believe it was about the same amount of time as Langsdorf this year.

Depends on how you want to look at it. Beck was here when TA was a True Freshman and then he was kind of thrown in as a redshirt freshman and then the sophomore year. So the one on one time Beck spent with TA with Martinez still on the team leads me to believe it was about the same amount of time as Langsdorf this year.

Ever heard can't teach an old dog new tricks? Beck had TA for three years to work on footwork and reads, regardless if he's a backup or not.

Ever heard can't teach an old dog new tricks? Beck had TA for three years to work on footwork and reads, regardless if he's a backup or not.

Meh. Game time situations are different than practice for different players.

But I think the point trying to be made is that Langsdorf didn't do a BAD job with TA. But it wasn't good either. It just was what it was.

No, Beck had 3 years and Langsdorf only 1. You can't just dismiss the RS year and his RFr. year, Beck's job was to develop him through out that time as well. Not to mention that TA started the majority of the year his RFr. year so essentially Beck had him for 2 full years as a Starter vs. Langsdorf's 1 year with TA as the Starter. TA just hasn't progressed to this point as we all had hoped for whatever reason. Lets just hope the light goes on fully his final year.