Rank our last 4 coaches

Redder

1. Riley. It's about a year to early to judge Riley. But I'll put him up here as a show of support. Let's hope he earns it in the next few months. :thumbs:

2. Solich. Not much of a rah, rah guy. But he fielded a couple pretty good teams. It's tough to follow a legend.

3. Pelini. I got tired of hearing, "they just didn't execute." Well maybe you need to change the way you prepare your players.

4. Callahan. Not a bad coach. It's just that he's more suited to the NFL. Where you don't need to teach and develop young players as much.

• Fire 1

Ok, my putting Riley in the 1 spot is based on overall experience as HC, what I've seen so far, and the hope that things will go very well for him(and us). However, of the 4 candidates, if we go on W/L record alone, the clear choice is BOP: 8 Ws his 1st year after taking over from Cali's mess, then 9.5 wins per year overall, 3 conference appearances and some decent bowl wins. In no way is that a "bad coach". No, friends, that is a good coach, very good, in fact.

OK

Hypothetically, You are the AD. Dr. Evil has just kidnapped your chick and you have ONE year to win the NC. Which of the four do you hire Right Now.

That's a good way of putting the question.

I'd probably take Riley in that situation. Although it was with the Canadian Football League, he's at least won a championship as a head coach, something none of the other three have done.