Tulane QB Tanner Lee to Transfer to Nebraska

If I were POB, I'd be a little perturbed that they brought in another guy though...

Nah, POB knew from the beginning there would be another QB in the class.

Remember POB actually used to be the other guy... Terry Wilson was the first QB recruit in this class, and POB was the second QB to commit (Wilson later de-committed).

O'Brien should know the deal. NU will also bring in a QB recruit for the 2017 class. Coaches don't stop recruiting QB's just because you think you have your future starter on campus.

So he's going to count towards the schollie limit for two years, but can only play for one. Doesn't sound like the best plan unless we've got plenty of schollies to go around, and I don't think that's the case.

We need QB depth in the worst way. This kid has some talent, experience, and may blossom into something, so I think it's a good pickup.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a QB or two leave after spring ball as well.

I could see this happening at both QB and RB after spring ball. Would free up schollies and give the transferring players more playing time opportunities. Not a bad thing.

If I were POB, I'd be a little perturbed that they brought in another guy though...

Nah, POB knew from the beginning there would be another QB in the class.

Remember POB actually used to be the other guy... Terry Wilson was the first QB recruit in this class, and POB was the second QB to commit (Wilson later de-committed).

O'Brien should know the deal. NU will also bring in a QB recruit for the 2017 class. Coaches don't stop recruiting QB's just because you think you have your future starter on campus.

I agree. Ohio State went through three quarterbacks in their championship year. Look how far ND went with Kizer when Zaire went out this year. Depth is important due to injuries, personal problems, stagnated development, grade problems, etc. Elite programs employ an effective "next man up" concept and that is what we want Reilly to build.

This is about adding depth and experience. It's a food pick up regardledd of his stats. Why wouldn't we want a guy who can help push POB? If we just hand the job off to him next year we risk more complacency at the position. If we expect to compete with the upper echelon, we have to have a skilled starting QB and someone behind him pushing. Why do you think tOSU wins so much? By thr same token, why do you think LSU continually comes up short so much?

Tanner Lee is an insurance policy against a bad performance or injury by Armstrong. He will be second on the depth chart and POB will be reshirted which he says he wants to do. He has had plenty of starts, much more than anyone on our depth chart except for Tommy. POB can now relax and learn the Riley system. It would take a miracle for him to see the field this year.

Tanner Lee is an insurance policy against a bad performance or injury by Armstrong. He will be second on the depth chart and POB will be reshirted which he says he wants to do. He has had plenty of starts, much more than anyone on our depth chart except for Tommy. POB can now relax and learn the Riley system. It would take a miracle for him to see the field this year.

Do you not read any part of threads before typing? He sits out this year due to NCAA transfers rules.