Major League Baseball 2016

Mavric

I can understand that feeling. That also is why I like college football. There is a wide variety of offensive and defensive strategies.

However, baseball on almost all levels is such a precise game for 90% of the situations that little strategic changes aren't noticed by the average fan but they can make a big difference.

One example is last year when Madden batted the pitcher in the 8th spot most of the year with Addison Russell being so young and coming up so early. I believe that was a major decision that helped the team win quite a few more games. How often do you see a MLB team bat the pitcher anything but in the 9th spot?

I can understand that feeling. That also is why I like college football. There is a wide variety of offensive and defensive strategies.

However, baseball on almost all levels is such a precise game for 90% of the situations that little strategic changes aren't noticed by the average fan but they can make a big difference.

One example is last year when Madden batted the pitcher in the 8th spot most of the year with Addison Russell being so young and coming up so early. I believe that was a major decision that helped the team win quite a few more games. How often do you see a MLB team bat the pitcher anything but in the 9th spot?

I never see the pitcher bat in the 9th spot.

In the AL

I never see the pitcher bat in the 9th spot.

In the AL

You're watching the wrong baseball.

Looks like Harvey of my beloved Mets is going under the knife to fix his thoracic outlet syndrome. Some pretty major pitchers have run into issues with it-- Beckett had it, Shawn Marcum back in the day, and it effectively ended Chris Carpenter's career.

Mav and I will have to mourn. Tough season as a Mets fan. Harvey-- surgery. Wright-- surgery. Duda-- fractured in his back. And then it's kind of just sitting around and hoping hard throwers like DeGrom, Thor, and Matz don't get hurt. All have dealt with injuries so far.

No one's exempt, I guess...

Looks like Harvey of my beloved Mets is going under the knife to fix his thoracic outlet syndrome. Some pretty major pitchers have run into issues with it-- Beckett had it, Shawn Marcum back in the day, and it effectively ended Chris Carpenter's career.

Mav and I will have to mourn. Tough season as a Mets fan. Harvey-- surgery. Wright-- surgery. Duda-- fractured in his back. And then it's kind of just sitting around and hoping hard throwers like DeGrom, Thor, and Matz don't get hurt. All have dealt with injuries so far.

No one's exempt, I guess...

And now Syndergaard and Cespedes exit tonight's game with injuries..... :(

Could have traded about half of these for 1-2 in the Series but ...

Nothing like making yourself work for #49.

Started the 9th up 2-1. Loaded the bases with nobody out. Got a 3-2 putout for the first out then a 5-4-3 DP to end it even though the throw to second was low and wide and the throw to first was in the dirt.