Presentation of the game

dvdcrr

Wish I could see more of what is going on in the secondary when I watch on TV. That is the one viewing aspect of going to a game I enjoy better. You can see the route combinations and the secondary responsibilities.

I would pay extra money to be able to watch the game from the tight angle and just focus on the box.

NFL.com has the All-22 view for replays of the games. It's an extra service that you can buy. I know that doesn't help for Husker games or college football, but just giving you an FYI.

Thanks for the heads up. I might check into that.

Wish I could see more of what is going on in the secondary when I watch on TV. That is the one viewing aspect of going to a game I enjoy better. You can see the route combinations and the secondary responsibilities.

I would pay extra money to be able to watch the game from the tight angle and just focus on the box.

That's actually one reason why I like a running offense. You see everything on the TV screen.

I went to the NE vs Indiana basketball game this year and was shocked on how many tv timeouts there were. Obviously, during the game, both teams have the same amount of time to make adjustments, but doesn't it hurt preparing for a game? You make a good plan for the game, now the other team has more free timeouts to make adjustments.

I went to the NE vs Indiana basketball game this year and was shocked on how many tv timeouts there were. Obviously, during the game, both teams have the same amount of time to make adjustments, but doesn't it hurt preparing for a game? You make a good plan for the game, now the other team has more free timeouts to make adjustments.

I don't know if they are "TV timeouts" as opposed to regularly scheduled timeouts. If you watch college basketball with any regularity, you would know that there is a timeout scheduled with the first dead ball after every multiple of 4 (16, 12, 8, and 4) minutes. In the past, they might have considered them TV timeouts or media timeouts, but it's a regular part of the game now, at every level.

This year, college basketball reduced the number of coaches timeouts to 4, with only 3 which can be carried over to the 2nd half.

Notice that back then in the 70s commercials were not funny, nor did they try to be funny. Humor came later to counter consumer resistance.

True that they didn't have funny commercials back then. But sometimes it's fun to see those old timey Nebraska centric commercials. Especially the ag stuff like Pioneer seeds, or Zimmatic center pivots, etc.

I don't know if they are "TV timeouts" as opposed to regularly scheduled timeouts. If you watch college basketball with any regularity, you would know that there is a timeout scheduled with the first dead ball after every multiple of 4 (16, 12, 8, and 4) minutes. In the past, they might have considered them TV timeouts or media timeouts, but it's a regular part of the game now, at every level.

This year, college basketball reduced the number of coaches timeouts to 4, with only 3 which can be carried over to the 2nd half.

I'm pretty sure what you are talking about are TV timeouts. However, to keep things equal, even if the game isn't televised, they still have those timeouts. Radio uses them for commercials still.

I'm pretty sure what you are talking about are TV timeouts. However, to keep things equal, even if the game isn't televised, they still have those timeouts. Radio uses them for commercials still.

Yes, I guess they are considered "media" timeouts. It's for TV, radio, whatever, and it's at all levels of college basketball. It's just a normal part of the game, and I know when watching a game when the next media timeout is coming up.

• 2 months later...

Watch this 1992 #8Nebraska against #8 Colorado espn crew with Brad Nessler. Notice how after the TD they mention a couple sponsors then go straight to the kickoff with NO commercial break. We also don't sit through five replays of the TD. Sometimes you don't realize the little changes to the format they have made over the years that all add up to make the viewing experience worse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F2dF4kZmKn8

I still believe strongly that television programing in terms of quality is awful today. A large majority of the hundred plus channels are simply re-running the reruns with another 30 to 60 minutes of commercials. Heck, you see a move with a theater run time of 2 hours broadcasted during a three hour time slot, often with some editted out stuff, etc. The bulk of new programs are actorless, scriptless junk. Even the History and science and other 'documentary' type channels are running dozens of hours of "Bigfoot Search" crap. Garbage programs that probably cost about $1,000 to put an hour of it together. Again, rerunning of junk.

When the number one program on all of TV is a silly zombie/ slasher series, you know things have deteriorated seriously. I don't think all programming was good several 20 or 30 years ago, but there were many quality shows by comparison. Maybe a half dozen networks but you could almost always find something worthwhile to watch and very little was repeated.

Sports broadcasting may have added more replays, etc. but the commercials in all programming so seriously disrupt and interfere with the viewing experience that very few programs can keep the interest. Viewership is dropping even though population continues to grow. We maxed out on TV sets years on.