SIGNED - LB Andrew Ward

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hope Bray sees something. His offer list is concerning

He didn't - that's why he offered him. That's why he was the first guy i the kids house for an in home when recruiting opened up, and Riley went with him.

(sarcasm)

Must be why other P5 coaches did the same!
I don't see the need for 2 middle line backers in this class when we have glaring needs in other areas.

The kid may turn out to be a baller, but I'm not excited about this commit.

He's an OLB

You could be right. 247 had him listed as an ILB when I checked today.

It wouldn't be the first time this staff has had guys playing out of position if he is a ILB made to play at OLB.

I'm still underwhelmed, regardless.

He didn't - that's why he offered him. That's why he was the first guy i the kids house for an in home when recruiting opened up, and Riley went with him.

(sarcasm)

I don't see the need for 2 middle line backers in this class when we have glaring needs in other areas.

He's an OLB

It wouldn't be the first time this staff has had guys playing out of position if he is a ILB made to play at OLB.

Curious, what are the other times?

Also you're underwhelmed, what didn't you like about his film?

(sarcasm)

He's an OLB

I don't put a lot of stock in whether guys are listed as ILB or OLB. Other than guys who are a bit undersized probably playing OLB, I don't think it probably matters a whole lot. Might be as much based on where they were playing in HS as anything but that doesn't mean much when you get to the next level.

(sarcasm)

He's an OLB

Bando should have been playing the Sam while the kneeler should have been at Mike. Gates should have stayed on the right side.

(sarcasm)

He's an OLB

You could be right. 247 had him listed as an ILB when I checked today.It wouldn't be the first time this staff has had guys playing out of position if he is a ILB made to play at OLB.

Bando should have been playing the Sam while the kneeler should have been at Mike. Gates should have stayed on the right side.

Who did you want to protect the QBs blindside? I would love to hear. Tyron Smith played right tackle his whole career at USC but plays left tackle for the Cowboys. Stupid coaches

• Fire 1

(sarcasm)

He's an OLB

But what about his film has you underwhelmed? Is it honestly because he isn't a four or five star?

Please watch his film. He has great potential.

There are a few on this board who can probably gauge a player by watching high school film. Not sure if any have done it at any college level and I doubt any have at the D1 level. There are some on this board who insist on degrading nearly every coach, player and recruit on the team. I honestly don't know how you get through life on a daily basis with a "glass always empty" mindset. I don't have my head buried in the sand. I understand the challenges this program has. That said I have hope it can happen, that every recruit will move the program forward and I refuse to fall into the trap of going negative at every opportunity. Negative people try to sap every ounce of joy out of life.

• Fire 2

(sarcasm)

He's an OLB

But what about his film has you underwhelmed? Is it honestly because he isn't a four or five star?

He does have some potential you are right, in his film he shoots gaps very well, and seems to have a good instint of where the ball is going to be. He is not as fast as some would like im sure, but if he is a MLB it shouldn't be that big of a problem. Underwhelming no, but he is definitely not a eyebrow raiser per se.

(sarcasm)

He's an OLB

You could be right. 247 had him listed as an ILB when I checked today.It wouldn't be the first time this staff has had guys playing out of position if he is a ILB made to play at OLB.

He does have some potential you are right, in his film he shoots gaps very well, and seems to have a good instint of where the ball is going to be. He is not as fast as some would like im sure, but if he is a MLB it shouldn't be that big of a problem. Underwhelming no, but he is definitely not a eyebrow raiser per se.
He ran a laser-timed 4.6 40 at a camp this summer. He is plenty fast for a LBr.
  • Fire 1