Athletic Department under review

Redux

Other than the Bo fire/ Mike Riley hire, can someone enlighten me on what exactly Mr. Eichorst is under scrutiny for?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

He's a lawyer.

He has red hair.

That's why people don't like him.

Now there may be things he's doing wrong but nobody on here actually knows what they are. They just have this "gut feeling" about him which stems from the fact that he's a lawyer who has red hair.

• Fire 6

where there is smoke..........well, you know the rest.........Eichorst is on a short list and he should be....bout time.

"This shouldnt be seen as something negative. People shouldnt make more of it than what it is."

"This ship is unsinkable."

- Edward J. Smith

Captain, HMS Titanic

Do you think Eichorst is "on a short list and he should be" and that it's about time this happened?

Other than the Bo fire/ Mike Riley hire, can someone enlighten me on what exactly Mr. Eichorst is under scrutiny for?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

He's a lawyer.

He has red hair.

That's why people don't like him.

Now there may be things he's doing wrong but nobody on here actually knows what they are. They just have this "gut feeling" about him which stems from the fact that he's a lawyer who has red hair.

He also committed the sin of not being Tom Osborne.
  • Fire 2

Well, from the article...

While many Husker fans wrote off Pelini's tirade as sour grapes, it's important to note that Lee Barfknecht of the Omaha World-Herald, a noted Pelini critic, touched on some of the same points in an article written weeks before Pelini's dismissal:

Eichorst told us in August that he has strong relationships with his head coaches. That is counter to what coaches have told me and many others. Some say they can’t directly get a meeting with him. One said the number of books Eichorst has assigned coaches to read has outnumbered his in-person visits to that sport.

This has been a not so secret thing for a while, and Lee wasn't exactly in Pelini's corner..

• Fire 1

where there is smoke..........well, you know the rest.........Eichorst is on a short list and he should be....bout time.

"This shouldnt be seen as something negative. People shouldnt make more of it than what it is."

64724661.jpg

This kind of thing should be done. But that doesn't mean something awful is going on. My conclusion isn't that everything's fine, but I contend that the conclusion from this that there's fire is an overreaction.

"This ship is unsinkable."

- Edward J. Smith

Captain, HMS Titanic

Do you think Eichorst is "on a short list and he should be" and that it's about time this happened?

I was saying that such claims aren't always worth much.