RIP Satellite camps - Back from the Dead (4/28/16)

The NCAA's time is up... there is no saving it.

We can not have a corrupt organization running college football !

The member schools of the NCAA voted to outlaw satellite camps. If the P5 conferences broke away from the NCAA, they still would have voted down satellite camps.

The member schools of the NCAA voted to outlaw satellite camps. If the P5 conferences broke away from the NCAA, they still would have voted down satellite camps.

No that's not what happened.

Try paying attention.

Leach is excellent. LMAO.

"I can't help but wonder if there was some manipulation with this thing, because that doesn't make any sense," Leach said. "I don't know what ivory tower or what cliff these people flew to vote, but this is something out of 'James Bond,' where they got together and voted and plotted taking control of the world. Wherever it was, some lair in the mountains with ice and machinery, a cold Dr. Evil environment where these guys voted on this thing then, at the end, they all put their hands together and did a really weird laugh, because soon they'll be conquering the world.

"That's how I envision this entire thing, and to be perfectly honest, there's more evidence towards that direction than anything legitimate happened with regard to this."

Wow, the pirate may have called it. Maybe Riley should keep those camp reservations. Hopefully this BS gets sorted.

Does anyone know what the penalty is for holding a camp?

You seem to have done the opposite of read any of the news on this.

Try paying attention.

What happened then? Who voted to outlaw satellite camps?

I guess I should have stated the FBS conferences (made up of NCAA member schools) voted down satellite camps.

Try paying attention.

What happened then? Who voted to outlaw satellite camps?

I guess I should have stated the FBS conferences (made up of NCAA member schools) voted down satellite camps.

What happened is provided in several links in this thread, and I'm failing to understand why you can't read what the rest of us have read.

That being said, to summarize: some of the conference representatives voted the opposite way the majority of schools told them too. For instance the Pac-12 schools were 11-1 against banning satellite camps. But their representative(s) voted for the ban.

Pac 12 commissioner Larry Scott:

Scott said the Pac-12’s voting guidelines call for a “directed vote” in the case of a clear position by conference members. He said while the members favor comprehensive study of football recruiting, “in the meantime we preferred the status quo (in satellite camps), which for us allows coaches to attend camps in other markets.”

“He didn’t follow what was supposed to be a directed vote,” Scott said.

Again I should have said conferences, not schools.

And it was the conferences being disorganized. Not the NCAA proper. The NCAA put it up to a vote according to their bylaws. The conferences votes it down.

All I am saying is the conferences voted it out. If the P5 broke away and voted, it still would have been voted out 3-2 even if the Pac was in.

And Guerrero voted no only because he knew it wasn't going to pass, as explained in an email to the other Pac ADs right after the vote.

So again, it's not an NCAA issue. It's a conferences being idiots issue.

• Fire 1

Again I should have said conferences, not schools.

And it was the conferences being disorganized. Not the NCAA proper. The NCAA put it up to a vote according to their bylaws. The conferences votes it down.

All I am saying is the conferences voted it out. If the P5 broke away and voted, it still would have been voted out 3-2 even if the Pac was in.

And Guerrero voted no only because he knew it wasn't going to pass, as explained in an email to the other Pac ADs right after the vote.

So again, it's not an NCAA issue. It's a conferences being idiots issue.

the conference reps from the pac12, mountain west, and sunbelt all voted against their league wishes. when 1 person does it you can blame it on a mistake. when 3 do it....well....it does look fishy.

• Fire 1

the conference reps from the pac12, mountain west, and sunbelt all voted against their league wishes. when 1 person does it you can blame it on a mistake. when 3 do it....well....it does look fishy.

This lays out why Guerrero did what he did http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/04/20/satellite-camp-ban-pac-12-dan-guerrero-ucla-ad

i wonder who was telling these guys that voting for their conference wishes wasn't in their best interest? they managed to convince the reps from 3 conferences that they were going to lose....AND that they should vote against their conference wishes? those guys were hired to rep their conference...and instead they voted against their conference wishes. something seems wrong with that. but hey......what do i know?