DE Jacob Lichtenstein [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From Husker Journal:

MAY 5 2016. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

JACOB LICHENSTEIN , DE, 6-5, 247, WESTON (CYPRESS BAY), FLORIDA

Lichtenstein is a highly motivated athlete with a huge upside. This kid weighs 247 pounds and runs a 4.7 forty. Room to grow to play inside. Academic minded and distance is not a factor. Knows what he wants picking a college. Over 23 offers.

Been to a few places already.

“I went to Kentucky and Georgia Tech.” Lichtenstein said. “I went to Kentucky’s spring game and went to Georgia Tech in January. I went to Duke last year.”

Academics is a big thing for the All-Star defensive end.

“I liked it (Duke) a lot. I loved the facilities, I loved the coaches. Hoping to get offered this spring. I’ve been talking with them for a while. I think it’s a great fit for me. I love the academics along with Cal – Berkeley. I like Cal a lot.” Lichtenstein said

West Coast visit coming up soon.

“I plan on going around June 10th”. Says Lichtenstein of his future visit to Cal. “I love California. It’s a great place. It’s the number one public school for academics. They have players over there sent to the next level. I have some real close family that lives up there, but that’s about it, in Northern California.”

Kentucky at it again. Players like this program and Lichtenstein taking a serious look.

“I loved it!” Lichtenstein comments about the Kentucky spring game. “They played really well. I was at a practice – I watched them. I watched the whole practice, I really liked the way their practices run. I love the coaches too. They said I definitely have the opportunity to play early. Coach (Jimmy) Brumbaugh the D-Line coach, one of my favorite coaches for sure.”

Yellow Jackets grads successful.

“I went up there (Georgia Tech) on a random visit. Georgia Tech is in Atlanta. Atlanta is a really nice city. I really like the coaching staff; their facilities are nice. I read some crazy statistics one out of six Georgia Tech graduates are millionaires. They have some pretty impressive stuff going on over there. The campus is beautiful.”

How about the Huskers?

“Definitely!” When asked if Nebraska is still in the running. “They are in my top five pretty much; Pittsburgh, Nebraska, Cal, Kentucky and Georgia Tech. If Duke offers I’ll have to really think it over.”

“They (Nebraska) have some crazy traditions going on over there. They sold out every home game over 50 years.” Lichtenstein said

“The D-Line coach (John Parrella) has been in the NFL for 12 years. I talk to him all the time. He said I’m considered a ‘must’ not just a normal D-Line (prospect). I’m a must get. Coach (Mike) Riley DM’s me on Twitter.” Lichtenstein said

“He’s (Parrella) been there and done that, if there is a role model he can be that. He’s done it all, he knows about everything. He played at Nebraska. He’s was a walk on, incredible.”

Wants to visit NU but his spot might be taken.

“The only think is, they are only taking one D-Lineman (DE) this year. The first one commits gets it. They offered like six DE’s and they are only taking one. I want to be to go up there (Nebraska) and see it, but if I go and see it someone might commit.”

Family ties to Pittsburgh.

“I liked them (Pittsburgh) a lot too.” He says. “I got family up there, I have cousins there. When I was young I stayed at my cousin’s house some time ago. Two weeks at a time. So I know the city, and I like the environment up there.”

“I’ll be a monster.”

“I think I have the ability to gain quality weight, put in good weight. Right now I’m about 247. Like Kentucky was telling me I can be 305 by my sophomore year in college. I’ll be a monster. They love my length and my explosion, and my first step and how I use my hands.” Lichtenstein said

Rare talent has options on the field.

“A lot of coaches think I can play both (defensive end and tackle). A lot of coaches want me to stay lean and play a little outsider linebacker. Be more of an athletic Defensive end. I just ran a 4.6 – forty and I’m the 4th fastest on the team.”

“A lot of coaches were telling me about playing like in a 4-3 as a defensive end, but Kentucky wants me to play 3-4 DE.” He said

cornhead.gif

Taking only one DE this class? Interesting.

That can't be right. We lack so much depth there.
Numbers wise on the current roster they are actually ok with 7 scholly players left after 2016 and IIRC they only loose 1 after 2017. Adding 1 this year would give them 7 roster players going into 2018 plus whom ever they recruit in the 2018 cycle.

The question has been are there difference makers on the roster at DE. There are a ton of young unproven players on the roster. My guess is that this quote indicates that after going through spring ball and seeing what he has available, JP feels comfortable with the potential/talent of the players he currently has and doesn't feel the need to turn the DE roster over so it is more about taking 1 good DE recruit to keep the roster balanced.

Taking only one DE this class? Interesting.

That can't be right. We lack so much depth there.
Numbers wise on the current roster they are actually ok with 7 scholly players left after 2016 and IIRC they only loose 1 after 2017. Adding 1 this year would give them 7 roster players going into 2018 plus whom ever they recruit in the 2018 cycle.

The question has been are there difference makers on the roster at DE. There are a ton of young unproven players on the roster. My guess is that this quote indicates that after going through spring ball and seeing what he has available, JP feels comfortable with the potential/talent of the players he currently has and doesn't feel the need to turn the DE roster over so it is more about taking 1 good DE recruit to keep the roster balanced.

We do not lack depth, we lack experience.

• Fire 1

I get the feeling we will have a DE commit by the time Jacob is ready to make his announcement. If we do, would we take 2 instead of the 1?

It will be interesting to see how many they take, Banker said 3, but Lichtenstein said JP told him just 1 DE.

I get the feeling we will have a DE commit by the time Jacob is ready to make his announcement. If we do, would we take 2 instead of the 1?

It will be interesting to see how many they take, Banker said 3, but Lichtenstein said JP told him just 1 DE.

I think there was some miscommunication. There's no way we only take one DE in this class.

I think maybe our definitions are off...

Maybe we are only taking 1 true DE and planning to take 2 more that will be DE's (Big LB's). I mean, they have talked a lot about spinning guys down to next position...

Truthfully, might be the best idea considering Bray would be more involved in recruitment of them then. Guys an ace and we should be thankful, so thankful that he's a Husker.

I think there was some miscommunication. There's no way we only take one DE in this class.

Numbers at DE are pretty good, just very young and raw. I would think they take 2 or 3, but they don't have to if they like the players on the roster currently. Maybe JP liked what he saw in Spring Ball and they made an adjustment to the target count?