The General Election

Here are some of the apologies Obama's political enemies think were "disastrous." From Heritage.org:

1. Apology to France and Europe ("America Has Shown Arrogance")

Speech by President Obama, Rhenus Sports Arena, Strasbourg, France, April 3, 2009.[1]

So we must be honest with ourselves. In recent years we've allowed our Alliance to drift. I know that there have been honest disagreements over policy, but we also know that there's something more that has crept into our relationship. In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.

Every word of this is true. Not seeing the problem here, but this was #1 on their list of "bad" things Obama has done.

They explain their position this way:

As President Obama embarks this week on his second major overseas tour, which will take him to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Germany, and France, the world does not need yet another apology from the President. Rather, it is looking for strong and principled leadership from the most powerful nation on the face of the earth. American leadership is not a popularity contest, nor should it be an exercise in self-loathing. Rather, it is about taking tough positions that will be met with hostility in many parts of the globe. Above all, it demands the assertive projection of American power, both to secure the homeland and to protect America's allies.

It's basically a bro argument, the kind you'd expect from a guy with bull testicles hanging from his jacked up pickup while he spews black smoke out his twin upper pipes. "We don't need to negotiate, we'll just take what we want and the rest of the world can suck it!"

Here's #2 on their list:

2. Apology to the Muslim World ("We Have Not Been Perfect")

President Obama, interview with Al Arabiya, January 27, 2009.[2]

My job to the Muslim world is to communicate that the Americans are not your enemy. We sometimes make mistakes. We have not been perfect. But if you look at the track record, as you say, America was not born as a colonial power, and that the same respect and partnership that America had with the Muslim world as recently as 20 or 30 years ago, there's no reason why we can't restore that.

Again, not a word of this isn't true. We are not the enemy of the Muslim world and we have sometimes made mistakes. We can restore a partnership with the Muslim world - and we should - but we're never going to do that by saying, "Everything we've ever done dealing with you guys was 100% cool, so any complaints you have, stuff it." That's a non-starter at the negotiation table, and will forever continue the antipathy many Muslims view America with.

In sum: Heritage Foundation is a bunch of testosterone-infused aggression zealots who are buying the type of strongman image Trump is selling. It's not some submissive brand of weakness that America has ever f---ed anything up. In fact, it takes more spine, integrity, and strength to do so than to run around trying to run around trying to prove your masculinity by trying to throw your weigh around everywhere trying to look like the biggest dog in the room while arrogantly proclaiming guiltlessness for anything, ever.

I'm guessing the boys over at Heritage are the type who drive souped-up sportcars and muscle cars because, you know, tiny wieners.

I knew that was coming. That still does't excuse the identity theft. It also doesn't excuse an employer from not doing their due diligence. E-verify works.

Maybe that's why BRB phrased it as "screwed up". But the issue was illegals not paying taxes. Whether that SS number on Tax ID number is stolen or completely fictitious doesn't matter. The fact is, they pay taxes and are unable to be refunded any of them. Illegal immigrants more than likely pay MORE federal/state income taxes than legal workers. Along with sales tax on goods and services.

I feel like there's a joke in there somewhere:

"How many illegal immigrants does it take to make up for the taxes that Donald Trump doesn't pay?"

Well played. That's some major-league shade.

I still haven't figured out how illegals don't pay taxes or when Obama apologized in such a horrible and embarrassing way.

Just a guess here but don't you think a lot of them do manual labor jobs and get paid in cash...under the table? In which case their wages are not being taxed? I suppose that is one way.

• Fire 1

I still haven't figured out how illegals don't pay taxes or when Obama apologized in such a horrible and embarrassing way.

Just a guess here but don't you think a lot of them do manual labor jobs and get paid in cash...under the table? In which case their wages are not being taxed? I suppose that is one way.

Don't you think the IRS would ask questions about a construction company that builds 100 houses a year with only one framer? Or the orange groves that are harvested by one farmer? Or the meat packing plant that produces millions of pounds of beef with a couple butchers? Yes, there are some illegals that work for cash; there are also a lot of born'n'bred Muricans that also work for cash to avoid taxes.

edit: I'm only using these jobs since you mentioned manual labor. There are also illegal immigrants (from many different nations, not just Central and South American countries) working in retail, food service, travel and tourism, office jobs, and just about any other job/careers you can think of. Not many of these positions are set up to pay in cash.

True of false...if this thread keeps going the way it is there will be people that will start ranking Obama as the best President in the history of America.

Chances are better of you referring to Obama as a "she" because of "mom jeans" and you not recognizing sex and stuff....

Don't you think the IRS would ask questions about a construction company that builds 100 houses a year with only one framer? Or the orange groves that are harvested by one farmer? Or the meat packing plant that produces millions of pounds of beef with a couple butchers? Yes, there are some illegals that work for cash; there are also a lot of born'n'bred Muricans that also work for cash to avoid taxes.

edit: I'm only using these jobs since you mentioned manual labor. There are also illegal immigrants (from many different nations, not just Central and South American countries) working in retail, food service, travel and tourism, office jobs, and just about any other job/careers you can think of. Not many of these positions are set up to pay in cash.

I think it depends...You got a lawn care company and you have 12 dudes working for you and 4 of them are illegal. I don't think questions would get asked.

In college I worked lawn care...we were paid in cash under the table. There were like 6 of us I think, maybe 5, that worked for the guy. I think that is pretty common

I guess my point is that is one way that they (myself included back then) don't pay taxes.

• Fire 2

True of false...if this thread keeps going the way it is there will be people that will start ranking Obama as the best President in the history of America.

Chances are better of you referring to Obama as a "she" because of "mom jeans" and you not recognizing sex and stuff....

You might get in trouble for that one, just letting you know.

I point out erroneous information about Obama the same way I pointed out erroneous information about Bush. Facts are facts, and BS is BS, no matter who it's about.

I was accused of being a conservative on this board during the late Bush presidency because I debunked a lot of the nonsense people spewed about Bush. Now that people are spewing nonsense about Obama, and I'm correcting that, I'm a liberal.

People just hate having their opinions exposed with facts.

• Fire 2

Lol...literally, LOL. I read an editorial today suggesting that Obama is benefiting from Trump vs Hillary, but I actually think its a direct effect of his 8 years of failure. Hillary is essentially carrying the torch of the Obama years, and Dems are not wanting to fully embrace that torch and are split with Bernie. Meanwhile, Trump is the anti-Obama in many ways and is pulling in many blue collar Dems who are fed up with Obama and government in general. Put another way, had Obama been successful in his 2008 promise to be a transformational candidate to bring the country together, I don't believe you would be seeing Trump win the GOP nomination in 2016.

• Fire 1

I think it depends...You got a lawn care company and you have 12 dudes working for you and 4 of them are illegal. I don't think questions would get asked.

In college I worked lawn care...we were paid in cash under the table. There were like 6 of us I think, maybe 5, that worked for the guy. I think that is pretty common

I guess my point is that is one way that they (myself included back then) don't pay taxes.

How do they avoid sales tax?