The General Election

I'm honestly curious: for the people who think Obama has been a disaster, what exactly did he do that prevented you from your own pursuit of life, liberty and happiness?

The question at this point is typically "are we better off than we were 8 years ago" and the answer is yes, of course, no question about it. And with genuine collaboration and debate rather than mere obstructionism, it could have been better.

The things going wrong with America are many years in the making, involve the exponential growth of income disparity and have been fed by both parties.

But it seems pretty clear to me the last thing we need right now is a thin-skinned billionaire who wants to take America back to a time that didn't exist.

He mandated that PUBLIC SCHOOLS be forced into having gender neutral LOCKER ROOMS. While that doesn't affect me. It affects my neices, and my potential future daughters.

If schools don't comply then federal funding goes out the window? This has gone from absurd to just down right biased and stupid

Can you give us a link to this? I googled it and came up with a transgender issue where he said transgender kids should use the bathroom that matches their gender identity.

I'm not coming up with where he directed schools that it should just be a free for all with one big locker room with both boys and girls basketball teams changing together and using the same showers.

LINK

Here is a link to an article about the directive the Obama administration issued to our schools.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/us/politics/obama-administration-to-issue-decree-on-transgender-access-to-school-restrooms.html?_r=0

If your only concern is about the possibility of one big free for all, common locker room with boys and girls teams changing and showering together, you're being purposefully obstinate about the repercussions of this. I too thought you had more on the ball.

So, I guess you support this ruling and have plenty of good reasons why it is necessary. I would be most interested to know how you think hormonal teenage boys will not abuse this open invitation to enter girls bathrooms and locker rooms. Please share.......the reasons and/or whatever it is you may be smoking.

My personal opinion is that (just like allowing Syrian Muslim terrorists into the country with no back ground checks) this issue is blown so out of proportion that it's unrecognizable.

This isn't just a free for all where every boy who wants to can just go mingle with the girls while they are pissing.

It's been pointed out already that this has to start with a guardian giving the school notice the kid is transgender. Also, it's been pointed out, what boy in HS is going to act transgender just to get into take a peek at the girls?

As for the point Coach Power T is trying to make that all of a sudden this is going to allow so many more molestations because horrible men will have access to girls bathrooms. How come nobody is concerned about the same thing happening with men using bathrooms with little boys? Aren't there lots of incidents where men molest boys? If so, what is preventing that?

This entire issue us hysteria created around politics by one side wanting to paint the other side as some horrible decision maker that is endangering our kids.

In our school, I think we have had one transgender kid since I can even remember. It was CLEAR that this kid was different than the rest. The other kids just accepted her as who she was and it wasn't an issue. It's not like all of a sudden your school is going to have to deal with 30 kids who all of a sudden have decided to be transgender.

You are right, the transgender issue has been blown way out of proportion, but that is the President's fault for singing in a law that isn't needed. Being "transgender" is a mental illness that doesn't need a law to allow mentally ill people to choose which bathroom they want to use.

I do watch both sides (when I can stand to watch MSNBC or Fox that is) to see where they are coming from. As a vet I personally thought that MSNBC was disgusting in not even acknowledging memorial day. They spent half the day talking about a stupid Gorilla in Chicago instead of honoring those who have died for this country.

Hey....I fully understand being upset that Obama is singing laws. That just should not be allowed.

Congrats on your retirement, Shark. Hope you're spending your free time doing something you find enjoyable.

Since we've seen plenty of scrutiny of Clinton on the emails thing (deservedly so), here's a pretty fair defense of here I found tonight. Now, this guy is a lawyer who advised Bill, but he also served under Bush. He graduated from Yale and contributes content all across the ideological gamut from HuffPo to FoxNews. He's a pretty reputable source, IMO. I don't think it's just some cheeky Clinton shill trying to pull a fast one on you.

She undoubtedly exercised poor judgment in not clearing this server explicitly with anyone. But the funny thing this article points out is that it was likely MORE secure than the State Department servers themselves. There's no evidence her server was hacked, but we KNOW the State Dept ones have been. So the whole "jeopardized national security" thing doesn't really hold a whole lot of water. That's a rather scathing review of government cybersecurity as a whole, IMO.

I'll shut up now and let you reach your own conclusions.

You may want to do some more research before you claim someone not to be a "cheeky Clinton shill" because that is exactly what he is. To even say that her server was more secure than a government one is ludicrous. It shows the depth people will go to defend someone when they have been caught red handed and still will try to spin their way out of trouble. Below are numerous articles that show that he is just a special interest with very close ties to the Clinton's. The last article also has some of the same lies about this subject. Not to mention that he is a self proclaimed liberal democrat. One who is nothing more than a spin doctor for hire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/31/world/31davis.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

http://www.weeklystandard.com/lannys-letter-to-hillary-is-d.c.s-most-cringe-inducing-document-ever/article/1023960

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/lanny-davis-spin-doctor-for-hire/2013/10/21/1780e402-3814-11e3-8a0e-4e2cf80831fc_story.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/04/26/chris_wallace_grills_lanny_davis_on_clinton_cash_except_for_a_few_inadvertent_errors_the_clintons_have_been_transparent.html

The guys a lawyer who likes publicity. And money.

My point was just that his credentials aren't really in question. He appears to have taken some questionable cases, but he knows his way around the law. So I assume he knows what he's talking about, because it's consistent with what I've gathered elsewhere, which is that Clinton didn't do enough to commit any crime. It was a stupid move, and I think the State Department has had some really stupid email practices, dating back. I also think their technology is stupidly outdated, and that the fact that all our government departments can't agree on a definition for "classified" is stupid. Basically the whole situation is one big mess of stupid.

I don't disagree that Clinton was a huge part in that stupidity. I just don't think she committed any crime.

As for the bathroom issue, I'll weigh in. Prior to this law getting put on the books, it's not like there was some magical barrier that prevented pedophiles from walking into an opposite sex bathroom with bad intentions. Certainly not their given-sex bathroom. I don't understand why some people think this law opens some nefarious Pandora's Box that magically makes bathrooms some type of predatory hunting grounds. They just don't want trans people being told they can't use a bathroom that they want to use. I think the pictures on social media of big, old, disgusting looking poorly-dressed "trans" person waiting to assault little Billy or Janie in a bathroom are stupid, too.

I'm honestly curious: for the people who think Obama has been a disaster, what exactly did he do that prevented you from your own pursuit of life, liberty and happiness?

The question at this point is typically "are we better off than we were 8 years ago" and the answer is yes, of course, no question about it. And with genuine collaboration and debate rather than mere obstructionism, it could have been better.

The things going wrong with America are many years in the making, involve the exponential growth of income disparity and have been fed by both parties.

But it seems pretty clear to me the last thing we need right now is a thin-skinned billionaire who wants to take America back to a time that didn't exist.

He mandated that PUBLIC SCHOOLS be forced into having gender neutral LOCKER ROOMS. While that doesn't affect me. It affects my neices, and my potential future daughters.

If schools don't comply then federal funding goes out the window? This has gone from absurd to just down right biased and stupid

Can you give us a link to this? I googled it and came up with a transgender issue where he said transgender kids should use the bathroom that matches their gender identity.

I'm not coming up with where he directed schools that it should just be a free for all with one big locker room with both boys and girls basketball teams changing together and using the same showers.

LINK

Here is a link to an article about the directive the Obama administration issued to our schools.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/us/politics/obama-administration-to-issue-decree-on-transgender-access-to-school-restrooms.html?_r=0

If your only concern is about the possibility of one big free for all, common locker room with boys and girls teams changing and showering together, you're being purposefully obstinate about the repercussions of this. I too thought you had more on the ball.

So, I guess you support this ruling and have plenty of good reasons why it is necessary. I would be most interested to know how you think hormonal teenage boys will not abuse this open invitation to enter girls bathrooms and locker rooms. Please share.......the reasons and/or whatever it is you may be smoking.

My personal opinion is that (just like allowing Syrian Muslim terrorists into the country with no back ground checks) this issue is blown so out of proportion that it's unrecognizable.

This isn't just a free for all where every boy who wants to can just go mingle with the girls while they are pissing.

It's been pointed out already that this has to start with a guardian giving the school notice the kid is transgender. Also, it's been pointed out, what boy in HS is going to act transgender just to get into take a peek at the girls?

As for the point Coach Power T is trying to make that all of a sudden this is going to allow so many more molestations because horrible men will have access to girls bathrooms. How come nobody is concerned about the same thing happening with men using bathrooms with little boys? Aren't there lots of incidents where men molest boys? If so, what is preventing that?

This entire issue us hysteria created around politics by one side wanting to paint the other side as some horrible decision maker that is endangering our kids.

In our school, I think we have had one transgender kid since I can even remember. It was CLEAR that this kid was different than the rest. The other kids just accepted her as who she was and it wasn't an issue. It's not like all of a sudden your school is going to have to deal with 30 kids who all of a sudden have decided to be transgender.

You are right, the transgender issue has been blown way out of proportion, but that is the President's fault for singing in a law that isn't needed. Being "transgender" is a mental illness that doesn't need a law to allow mentally ill people to choose which bathroom they want to use.

I do watch both sides (when I can stand to watch MSNBC or Fox that is) to see where they are coming from. As a vet I personally thought that MSNBC was disgusting in not even acknowledging memorial day. They spent half the day talking about a stupid Gorilla in Chicago instead of honoring those who have died for this country.

So...there is no fault from the other side that is creating this hysteria about boys all of a sudden having free access to girls bathrooms or creepy men molesting all these girls while they are trying to pee even though there is no actual proof that this is going to increase anyone's danger or lack of privacy.

MSNBC was disgusting in not even acknowledging memorial day. They spent half the day talking about a stupid Gorilla in Chicago instead of honoring those who have died for this country.

I've never watched MSNBC so I have no proof that this allegation is false. But there's zero chance a major news outlet didn't "even acknowledge Memorial Day."

Where does stuff like this come from? Who thinks this is true?

• Fire 2

LINK

I realize that things are moving really fast these days. Legalized gay marriage was virtually unthinkable a decade ago, and the transgender spectrum wasn't even in the conversation.

But it is quickly becoming obvious that transgender is no more a mental illness than homosexuality, and neither poses a threat to people in the heterosexual majority.

I was fascinated to learn how many babies are born with conflicted genitalia and that obstetricians make binding surgical decisions within minutes of birth. Even without the external physical evidence, some people appear to be hardwired to another gender. A few don't necessarily identify with any gender. Being in a statistical minority doesn't make it a mental illness, although the social issues can definitely screw you up.

What I'm learning most from my 13 year old son and 15 year old daughter: who really cares? If it's not hurting you, don't be a hater.

• Fire 7

Anyone think it is odd that Mrs. Clinton refers to Mr. Trump as just "Trump" in that email? Seems a bit out of character for her.

No....it just shows the irreverence they have for each other. No different than him just calling her Hillary or at least it's more respectable than Crooked Hillary.

MSNBC was disgusting in not even acknowledging memorial day. They spent half the day talking about a stupid Gorilla in Chicago instead of honoring those who have died for this country.

I've never watched MSNBC so I have no proof that this allegation is false. But there's zero chance a major news outlet didn't "even acknowledge Memorial Day."

Where does stuff like this come from? Who thinks this is true?

Unless someone watched literally every minute of MSNBC then there's no way to make that statement factually.

Plus, I don't mean to be offensive to any veterans, current military members, etc., but what do people expect? Wall to wall coverage? It's an important holiday but it doesn't keep eye balls. Politics, breaking news, the Cincinnati Zoo incident... that's what keeps people watching TV.

• Fire 2

You can definitely make a case against HIllary Clinton. Very powerful people with huge war chests and deep motivation have tried and failed to make anything stick.

Doesn't mean she's clean. As a corporate lawyer, Arkansas politician and First Lady to a serial philanderer alone you can probably catch her in dozens of lies.

As Secretary of State, she's probably par for the course. Maybe even a tick better than her predecessors. Understanding how the world really works, knowing some profound ugliness about America's role in these shitstorms, and issuing proclamations that aren't exactly true comes with the job description. Benghazi wouldn't have lasted more than a week in the news cycle during the Bush administration.

If you're calling Hillary a liar, you'd need to measure her against the competition. She'd lose to Bernie Sanders but beat Trump silly. Ted Cruz was utterly full of sh#t.

If you want to make a case for Hillary going to prison for abuse of power, you could. But you'd have to put her in line behind the Cheney's, Kissingers, Oliver North's and well, pretty much every U.S. President.

• Fire 5