The General Election

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/31/11818964/trump-judge-university-mexican

Trump University is on trial for fraud. Whether he legally swindled large sums from vulnerable people or not, Trump's likely to be called to testify.

As is his way, and the way of his parroting supporters, he's reflexively gone ad hominem to try and dismiss and discredit a threat. In this case that's a federal judge, and the threat is that a trial he stands a chance of losing might go forward.

Leaving aside policy altogether, this November is a straightforward referendum on norms. What kind of norms would you like to see prevail? Sanity, or Turkey?

How nice that Trump and his campaign have nakedly made clear what it is they stand for. Let's see what you got, America.

But...you have to realize Zoogs...he is such a smart business man that we mere mortals just can't fathom the intricacies of what it takes to start and operate a University.

• Fire 1

Wow....that's a glowing endorsement.

Hillary is horrible so I'm voting for Trump and....hoping and praying it's not as bad as it might be.

The same can be said for those that are supporting Hillary. They are scared of what Trump might do, so they want to keep the status quo.

Why do people say others are scared of what Trump might do as if that somehow promulgates him for the presidency? Fear of the unknown with the most powerful political position in the world is in no way a good thing, particularly if it risks the complete destabilization of social progression and international political cooperation.

What social progression and political cooperation are you speaking of?

So acknowledging someone's good looks is now not only politically incorrect but is also a way of meeting someone? Tell me how that makes sense…

He didn't do a very good job of it, but what he was attempting to do was highlight the fact that you crassly pointed out your "expert's" looks, as if what she looks like has anything to do with her opinion.It's the kind of locker-room mentality that doesn't have a place in politics. We need people to absorb information and vote with their brain, not their heart or their balls.

Haha! While I understand your concern, it has nothing to do with anything. If we have come to a point where we can get even acknowledge someone's looks, that is flat out ridiculous.

There's a time and place for everything. We're simply stating that this is neither.

Wow, wow wow wow.

People don't want another 4 years of the same old sh*t in the White House, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the most dishonest person I've ever personally witnessed.

Trump_Fact_Checking.jpg

Clinton_Fact_Checking.jpg

PolitiFact

You serious Wally????

I thought Trump only told the truth and nothing but the truth.

It should be noted that the Tampa Bay Times, which runs Politifact, has endorsed Clinton.

Still doesn't matter. They rate both her and Sanders as far more truthful than any of the GOP candidates. Trump is the worst, by far. He shrugs it off as the biased, liberal media. It's an easy out for him.

If a criticism of him is fact-based and objective, you can bet the house he's going to brand it "biased."

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/31/11818964/trump-judge-university-mexican

Trump University is on trial for fraud. Whether he legally swindled large sums from vulnerable people or not, Trump's likely to be called to testify.

As is his way, and the way of his parroting supporters, he's reflexively gone ad hominem to try and dismiss and discredit a threat. In this case that's a federal judge, and the threat is that a trial he stands a chance of losing might go forward.

Leaving aside policy altogether, this November is a straightforward referendum on norms. What kind of norms would you like to see prevail? Sanity, or Turkey?

How nice that Trump and his campaign have nakedly made clear what it is they stand for. Let's see what you got, America.

The media is floating the idea that Trump's lawyers could try to have the judge that unsealed the internal TU documents the other day recused from the case on the grounds of bias.

What a joke. Trump is a mouthpiece that gets up there and megaphones personal attacks on the judge with absolutely 0 justification or underlying reasoning, and the judge taking the high road is the one who's the problem?

*Just noticed they mentioned recusal in the article. D'oh!

People don't want another 4 years of the same old sh*t in the White House, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the most dishonest person I've ever personally witnessed.

Trump_Fact_Checking.jpg

Clinton_Fact_Checking.jpg

PolitiFact

You serious Wally????

I thought Trump only told the truth and nothing but the truth.

It should be noted that the Tampa Bay Times, which runs Politifact, has endorsed Clinton.

Still doesn't matter. They rate both her and Sanders as far more truthful than any of the GOP candidates. Trump is the worst, by far. He shrugs it off as the biased, liberal media. It's an easy out for them.

I didn't know they were operated by the Tampa Bay Times; thanks!

I do know they won a Pulitzer in 2009 and their annual Lie of the Year has included Republicans (Romney and now Trump) and Democrats (Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Obama).

I didn't know they were operated by the Tampa Bay Times; thanks!

I do know they won a Pulitzer in 2009 and their annual Lie of the Year has included Republicans (Romney and now Trump) and Democrats (Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Obama).

You got it man. I guess it's a side project they run, pretty similar to the Boston Globe's Spotlight program, if you've seen that movie.

I think it's a pretty great project. The biggest criticism of it that I know of is that sometimes the authors of the individual fact checks are given a lot of leeway with their reasoning as to the truth of a claim, so it becomes less objective and more influenced by the author's own interpretation of the parameters for their piece. Still, if you read through their pieces, you can use your own judgment as to whether their logic is goofy or not. I still love their work.

I'm honestly curious: for the people who think Obama has been a disaster, what exactly did he do that prevented you from your own pursuit of life, liberty and happiness?

The question at this point is typically "are we better off than we were 8 years ago" and the answer is yes, of course, no question about it. And with genuine collaboration and debate rather than mere obstructionism, it could have been better.

The things going wrong with America are many years in the making, involve the exponential growth of income disparity and have been fed by both parties.

But it seems pretty clear to me the last thing we need right now is a thin-skinned billionaire who wants to take America back to a time that didn't exist.

He mandated that PUBLIC SCHOOLS be forced into having gender neutral LOCKER ROOMS. While that doesn't affect me. It affects my neices, and my potential future daughters.

If schools don't comply then federal funding goes out the window? This has gone from absurd to just down right biased and stupid

Can you give us a link to this? I googled it and came up with a transgender issue where he said transgender kids should use the bathroom that matches their gender identity.

I'm not coming up with where he directed schools that it should just be a free for all with one big locker room with both boys and girls basketball teams changing together and using the same showers.

LINK

Locker Rooms are bathrooms. No one is requiring a check on if the person is "transgendered" or not. It's all about what they feel like they are. You know this BRB.

So who's going to be the ones that say..."hey you can use the bathroom, but not the locker room."?

So, you really view this as just one big free for all orgy in the locker rooms from now on.

No but there already have been issues with the bathrooms at places that are "non discriminatory".

There was an 8 year old girl that was strangled in the non discriminatory restroom. But because no one can question where anyone goes to the restroom we can't stop these incidents before they begin. (Cue the "her mom should have gone in with her...that's neglect" BS)

If you don't think there are going to be problems with the public schools being forced to do this, then you aren't as intelligent as I once thought. For the record, why does everyone defending this stuff say things like what you said above? Does it have to be an incident all the time for it to be considered ridiculous to be mandated?

Here's the story of the 8 year old. May 13th, 2016

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-now/man-accused-of-choking-8yearold-girl-in-public-bathroom/281054107

• Fire 2

LOL.....

So, the numb nuts comes out bragging that his charity event raised OVER $6,000,000 for vets. brag brag brag brag....after all....he constantly tells us how much vets love him he loves vets.

So...time goes on and Washington Post starts snooping around and asking questions about what "Vet organizations" did the money go to? Well...of course the amazing human being himself scoffed at the idea anyone would question him and they must just be "haters".

Well.....so.....today he gives out a list of organizations that received the money. Obviously by doing this it proves he is such a great guy. Honestly....I just can't believe how awesome he is. He was able to time the donations perfectly to coincide with the day the article came out.

Oh...and....little tid bit of info......he didn't come close to the WAY over 6,000,000 that he claimed he raised.

But...hey....that's just one of those little tid bits of info that is meaningless.

After all.....he only speaks the truth.....you know.......

I'm honestly curious: for the people who think Obama has been a disaster, what exactly did he do that prevented you from your own pursuit of life, liberty and happiness?

The question at this point is typically "are we better off than we were 8 years ago" and the answer is yes, of course, no question about it. And with genuine collaboration and debate rather than mere obstructionism, it could have been better.

The things going wrong with America are many years in the making, involve the exponential growth of income disparity and have been fed by both parties.

But it seems pretty clear to me the last thing we need right now is a thin-skinned billionaire who wants to take America back to a time that didn't exist.

He mandated that PUBLIC SCHOOLS be forced into having gender neutral LOCKER ROOMS. While that doesn't affect me. It affects my neices, and my potential future daughters.

If schools don't comply then federal funding goes out the window? This has gone from absurd to just down right biased and stupid

Can you give us a link to this? I googled it and came up with a transgender issue where he said transgender kids should use the bathroom that matches their gender identity.

I'm not coming up with where he directed schools that it should just be a free for all with one big locker room with both boys and girls basketball teams changing together and using the same showers.

LINK

Here is a link to an article about the directive the Obama administration issued to our schools.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/us/politics/obama-administration-to-issue-decree-on-transgender-access-to-school-restrooms.html?_r=0

If your only concern is about the possibility of one big free for all, common locker room with boys and girls teams changing and showering together, you're being purposefully obstinate about the repercussions of this. I too thought you had more on the ball.

So, I guess you support this ruling and have plenty of good reasons why it is necessary. I would be most interested to know how you think hormonal teenage boys will not abuse this open invitation to enter girls bathrooms and locker rooms. Please share.......the reasons and/or whatever it is you may be smoking.

LOL.....

So, the numb nuts comes out bragging that his charity event raised OVER $6,000,000 for vets. brag brag brag brag....after all....he constantly tells us how much vets love him he loves vets.

So...time goes on and Washington Post starts snooping around and asking questions about what "Vet organizations" did the money go to? Well...of course the amazing human being himself scoffed at the idea anyone would question him and they must just be "haters".

Well.....so.....today he gives out a list of organizations that received the money. Obviously by doing this it proves he is such a great guy. Honestly....I just can't believe how awesome he is. He was able to time the donations perfectly to coincide with the day the article came out.

Oh...and....little tid bit of info......he didn't come close to the WAY over 6,000,000 that he claimed he raised.

But...hey....that's just one of those little tid bits of info that is meaningless.

After all.....he only speaks the truth.....you know.......

There was actually a vet on the podium wearing a MAGA hat that came up and yelled at the media for "using veterans as political pawns."

I about lost my sh#t at that moment.

But, you know, the media need to be ashamed of themselves. HOW DARE THEY DO THEIR JOB!?