The General Election

I think for this election cycle, voters should be required to blow at least a .25 on the breathilyzer before being permitted access to the voting booth and that mail in ballots should be disallowed. This would serve 2 purposes; 1) Provide us citizens with the required amount of numbing for what we are about to do 2) it would give us an excuse for the rest of world that we were drunk and not merely stupid and inept.

Who's with me?

I also think illegal immigrants and dead peoples' votes shouldn't count either, but I guess that's the political norm as well...

• Fire 1

Trump has a lot of interesting things he says, like for instance building a wall or not releasing his tax plan. But lets be real Hillary doesn't know how to run this country, but she will know how to ruin it. She says bill will run the economy, showing us she doesn't know what she is doing. I mean if Bill wants to run again... well he can't and lots of people like him but absolutely don't like her. Trump says great things that make sense, I like his idea to get us to be better in trade, Hillary won't fight for America's rights, Trump also will bring back factories that have left the country. Hillary wants to give illegals rights which could be harmful, and Trump will get rid of people doing bad stuff and prevent other illegals we don't know about. Trump will win this election, he is in my mind the better of the two because if we have 8 or heck four more years of ruining the country it will cost this country greatly. So if you go Hillary that's fine but Trump will turn us toward being in better shape, because this country needs some sort of change. Military needs to be better and jobs are available with tons of unemployed people. My choice is Trump and he will destroy Hillary in Nebraska and hopefully in the general election as well.

Trump has a lot of interesting things he says, like for instance building a wall or not releasing his tax plan. But lets be real Hillary doesn't know how to run this country, but she will know how to ruin it. She says bill will run the economy, showing us she doesn't know what she is doing. I mean if Bill wants to run again... well he can't and lots of people like him but absolutely don't like her. Trump says great things that make sense, I like his idea to get us to be better in trade, Hillary won't fight for America's rights, Trump also will bring back factories that have left the country. Hillary wants to give illegals rights which could be harmful, and Trump will get rid of people doing bad stuff and prevent other illegals we don't know about. Trump will win this election, he is in my mind the better of the two because if we have 8 or heck four more years of ruining the country it will cost this country greatly. So if you go Hillary that's fine but Trump will turn us toward being in better shape, because this country needs some sort of change. Military needs to be better and jobs are available with tons of unemployed people. My choice is Trump and he will destroy Hillary in Nebraska and hopefully in the general election as well.

The bolded is (part of) what makes Trump and his supporters so scary.

Trump thinks the press are "people doing bad stuff." Trump thinks overweight people are doing bad stuff. Trump thinks people who say his fingers are short are doing bad stuff. Trump thinks anyone who disagrees with him about anything are people doing bad stuff. Trump thinks ALL Muslims are people doing bad stuff. I don't want this guy to be involved in anyway in deciding what to do with the "people who are doing bad stuff," or in defining who the "people who are doing bad stuff" are.

Also, there's nothing wrong with her saying Bill will do that. The economy was great under him. There's nothing wrong with admitting you have an area of weakness and finding people to supplement your knowledge in that area. Trump is constantly saying he will "get the best people" for everything. This is no different than that.

• Fire 7

Yup. This country is being ruined. It recovered from a recession, violent crime is at an all time low, stock market is essentially at an all time high, gas prices are low, housing market is booming again. Just aweful!!!

The military like the entire government is bloated. We still have the most advanced and all around best fighting force this world has ever seen, but it needs to be cut back and reigned in. It can be just as effective and pay it's soldiers better with some cut backs and tweaks. We have 10 aircraft carriers when no other country has more than 2. We spend more on defense than the next 7 countries combined!

It's not necessarily the military's fault but the representatives that have created the bloat. We are building aircraft and sending them straight to the bone yard because we don't need them, but some rep needs to line his pockets and keep his job. We build thousands of tanks our generals don't want. We are replacing a trusted, reliable, durable, cheap, and excellent plane (the A-10) with an unreliable, over budget, behind schedule, noncombat operable, plane (F-35). Madness!

Has Trump talked about any of this? Or just about making the military great?

• Fire 3

Yup. This country is being ruined. It recovered from a recession, violent crime is at an all time low, stock market is essentially at an all time high, gas prices are low, housing market is booming again. Just aweful!!!

The military like the entire government is bloated. We still have the most advanced and all around best fighting force this world has ever seen, but it needs to be cut back and reigned in. It can be just as effective and pay it's soldiers better with some cut backs and tweaks. We have 10 aircraft carriers when no other country has more than 2. We spend more on defense than the next 7 countries combined!

It's not necessarily the military's fault but the representatives that have created the bloat. We are building aircraft and sending them straight to the bone yard because we don't need them, but some rep needs to line his pockets and keep his job. We build thousands of tanks our generals don't want. We are replacing a trusted, reliable, durable, cheap, and excellent plane (the A-10) with an unreliable, over budget, behind schedule, noncombat operable, plane (F-35). Madness!

Has Trump talked about any of this? Or just about making the military great?

Alright if Obama is so great his number one thing he said was he was going to cut the 17 trillion dollar budget at the time and since it has gone up. He is more about helping other countries by raising the budget then trying his best to cut it. Also he is allowing the murder of innocent babies and funding PP, if we would stop wasting money on Planned parenthood we would easily save upward of 528 million dollars, but no we are spending American tax dollars to fund killing of innocent people and allowing our tax dollars to go to abortions in other countries as well. Also no doctor likes Obamacare because they are getting paid less and doctors have some of the toughest jobs in the country. Lots of people are tired on Washington and want a change cause Hillary is going to be worse then Obama because she will not fight for the people she will fight for herself to look good in the press. The press loves telling lies to the people, that's why Donald does not like them. He will bring us closer to the constitution then Shilllary because his supreme justice list was really impressive, which will get conservatives in his favor to trust him.

Finally how has Obama helped the veterans? They are treated terribly and I believe Trump will give them some kind of money instead of putting illegals on welfare like what is happening right now. People who fight for our country ought to be treated better then the average person for their service.

Also I will credit Obama for the good things you said above Zrod, I just think it is in the best interest of the people for a change. Not for this country to get worse because Hillary would be a way worse president then Obama, and I don't want to see her become president. If she does it could cost this country. Now I don't agree with everything Trump says, but I will vote for him because he is the better candidate for change, which is what this country Deserves.

Alright if Obama is so great his number one thing he said was he was going to cut the 17 trillion dollar budget at the time and since it has gone up. He is more about helping other countries by raising the budget then trying his best to cut it. Also he is allowing the murder of innocent babies and funding PP, if we would stop wasting money on Planned parenthood we would easily save upward of 4 trillion dollars, but no we are spending American tax dollars to fund killing of innocent people and allowing our tax dollars to go to abortions in other countries as well. Also no doctor likes Obamacare because they are getting paid less and doctors have some of the toughest jobs in the country. Lots of people are tired on Washington and want a change cause Hillary is going to be worse then Obama because she will not fight for the people she will fight for herself to look good in the press. The press loves telling lies to the people, that's why Donald does not like them. He will bring us closer to the constitution then Shilllary because his supreme justice list was really impressive, which will get conservatives in his favor to trust him.

Finally how has Obama helped the veterans? They are treated terribly and I believe Trump will give them some kind of money instead of putting illegals on welfare like what is happening right now. People who fight for our country ought to be treated better then the average person for their service.

Every president, from Obama to Bush II to Clinton to Bush I to Reagan to Carter to Ford to Nixon, five of them Republicans, have funded Planned Parenthood. Think about that. It isn't just Obama funding this, and no new president, whether that's Trump or Clinton, is going to defund it.

In 2014 the government funded PP to the tune of $528 million. Where are you getting "4 trillion" dollars from?

"Doctors" do not hate Obamacare. In fact, Obamacare love/hate is split among doctors along party lines. Republicans hate Obamacare, and so do Republican doctors. Democrats are OK with Obamacare, and so are Democrat doctors. Go figure - doctors are human, too.

Obama has failed veterans. This is true. The Veteran's Administration is a disaster, and Obama promised to fix it. He hasn't, and it continues to be a mess. However, he hasn't done any worse on the VA than any president in the last 30 years, and the Veteran's Administration's problems date back to its very beginnings. Obama could have, and should have, done more to fix it. But he's not the only one, and the next president isn't going to magically fix it, either. Trump isn't, that's for sure.

What Obama has done is get more homeless veterans off the streets than any other president in recent history.

The posts you're making are a mess of misinformation and ignorance.

• Fire 4

So I feel like we do this a lot... Mike I don't mean to attack you and I'm sure Knap doesn't either. It's just frustrating when you see and hear patentedly false, echo chamber misinformation. We turn into wolves and just attack it! It probably feels like we're beating you up, but I don't mean to if that's how it came off.

I know you're a smart guy because you found the best Husker forum on the inter webs. It's your right to vote for Trump if you think he will bring change, and I respect that. Just don't be afraid to get your information from sources outside your comfort zone, to double check things, and never be afraid to question your own beliefs. Don't take anything at face value form the big media networks...

• Fire 1

Alright if Obama is so great his number one thing he said was he was going to cut the 17 trillion dollar budget at the time and since it has gone up. He is more about helping other countries by raising the budget then trying his best to cut it. Also he is allowing the murder of innocent babies and funding PP, if we would stop wasting money on Planned parenthood we would easily save upward of 4 trillion dollars, but no we are spending American tax dollars to fund killing of innocent people and allowing our tax dollars to go to abortions in other countries as well. Also no doctor likes Obamacare because they are getting paid less and doctors have some of the toughest jobs in the country. Lots of people are tired on Washington and want a change cause Hillary is going to be worse then Obama because she will not fight for the people she will fight for herself to look good in the press. The press loves telling lies to the people, that's why Donald does not like them. He will bring us closer to the constitution then Shilllary because his supreme justice list was really impressive, which will get conservatives in his favor to trust him.

Every president, from Obama to Bush II to Clinton to Bush I to Reagan to Carter to Ford to Nixon, five of them Republicans, have funded Planned Parenthood. Think about that. It isn't just Obama funding this, and no new president, whether that's Trump or Clinton, is going to defund it.

In 2014 the government funded PP to the tune of $528 million. Where are you getting "4 trillion" dollars from?

"Doctors" do not hate Obamacare. In fact, Obamacare love/hate is split among doctors along party lines. Republicans hate Obamacare, and so do Republican doctors. Democrats are OK with Obamacare, and so are Democrat doctors. Go figure - doctors are human, too.

Obama has failed veterans. This is true. The Veteran's Administration is a disaster, and Obama promised to fix it. He hasn't, and it continues to be a mess. However, he hasn't done any worse on the VA than any president in the last 30 years, and the Veteran's Administration's problems date back to its very beginnings. Obama could have, and should have, done more to fix it. But he's not the only one, and the next president isn't going to magically fix it, either. Trump isn't, that's for sure.

What Obama has done is get more homeless veterans off the streets than any other president in recent history.

The posts you're making are a mess of misinformation and ignorance.

Yeah I changed it I was busy so I didn't have time to check my facts and edit it but you are correct on the bolded part. After reading an article PP needs to really just get rid of abortions and I wouldn't mind it so much as they only do 3-5 percent of their work is abortions. Here is the the page I got my information from

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/who-we-are/planned-parenthood-at-a-glance, also idk how to make it an external link like you did Knapp. I still believe that we should not spend 528 million on PP though. We should spend significantly less on it in my opinion and if it was defunded that would give us that 500 million back.

When Trump wins he will definitely get rid of Obama care, and I don't mind Trumps plan that much

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-if-donald-trumps-healthcare-were-implemented#1

In response to doctors approval, that is mostly off party, but I did not do my research right, here is what the people think off a poll I saw that was completely unbiased, the people said 44 percent agree and 56 percent disagree with it. http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-poll/

I will credit Obama on getting vets off the streets, but congress helped get that off the ground significantly. And I agree that veterans should be looked at as heroes not people to mock and ridicule. A little side note: I have been told that some states mock and spit at recruiters trying to recruit people into the military- that should not be happening. I want to see what Trump can do, but he won't be able to get every Veteran off the streets and Hillary will probably not pay attention to them as much as Trump but I did read that she has helped them out but I haven't seen a lot of what she says cause I find it hard to listen to her speak with all the terrible ideas she has.

For the obama care poll I saw a ton of them, I am basing it off the Reuters-Ispsos poll

Edited by HuskermanMike

I think for this election cycle, voters should be required to blow at least a .25 on the breathilyzer before being permitted access to the voting booth and that mail in ballots should be disallowed. This would serve 2 purposes; 1) Provide us citizens with the required amount of numbing for what we are about to do 2) it would give us an excuse for the rest of world that we were drunk and not merely stupid and inept.

Who's with me?

I also think illegal immigrants and dead peoples' votes shouldn't count either, but I guess that's the political norm as well...

Yeah like the motor voter law in California or the 3k dead people that voted for JFK in Chicago. Although California has a separate way for illegals to get drivers license so they can't vote. Also people can vote twice if they live in New York or Florida, they can vote in both those states or the other state they live in I believe.

***SNIP***

When Trump wins he will definitely get rid of Obama care, and I don't mind Trumps plan that much

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-if-donald-trumps-healthcare-were-implemented#1

In response to doctors approval, that is mostly off party, but I did not do my research right, here is what the people think off a poll I saw that was completely unbiased, the people said 44 percent agree and 56 percent disagree with it. http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-poll/

I will credit Obama on getting vets off the streets, but congress helped get that off the ground significantly. And I agree that veterans should be looked at as heroes not people to mock and ridicule. A little side note: I have been told that some states mock and spit at recruiters trying to recruit people into the military- that should not be happening. I want to see what Trump can do, but he won't be able to get every Veteran off the streets and Hillary will probably not pay attention to them as much as Trump but I did read that she has helped them out but I haven't seen a lot of what she says cause I find it hard to listen to her speak with all the terrible ideas she has.

For the obama care poll I saw a ton of them, I am basing it off the Reuters-Ispsos poll

Then I take it you didn't see these statements from the poll you cited:

Our unbiased ObamaCare poll paints a different picture of ObamaCare’s approval rating compared to other polling done on ObamaCare’s popularity. It turns out the more people know about the program, the more they like it.

However, a few things are obvious Democrats support it, Republicans don’t, some provisions are more popular than others, and as a rule of thumb the better someone understand the law, the more likely they are to support it.

In other words, the dislike for Obamacare is more a result of propaganda than reality for most people.

As for Trump repealing Obamacare, there are several points to be made. First, Trump, as President, cannot unilaterally repeal Obamacare. That will take Congressional action, and if the Senate flips - a distinct possibility - there will be no repeal. He COULD say he would support legislation to repeal it, and that would be truthful - but claims HE will repeal it are patently false. Second, Trump supports much of Obamacare - particularly the mandate. See HERE, HERE, and HERE. Third, based on conservative principles, what Trump offers as an alternative is, in reality, Obamacare on steroids. He doesn't want to repeal Obamacare - he wants to extend it to a single-payer system. But, like repeal, he'll never get that passed unless both chambers of Congress flip. While a flip is possible in the Senate, at present it is a virtual impossibility with the House.

• Fire 2

It is just stunning and depressing to read Trump supporters repeating the most simplistic propaganda while ignoring the most blatant facts.

I have always avoided words like fascism and socialism because they aren't remotely accurate in describing American politics, but I find the sh#t being said at Trump rallies stone-cold chilling, and the potential for outright fascism far closer than I ever imagined in my lifetime.

• Fire 2

Our military needs to be better??? We spend more on our military than anything we spend money on in this country by FAR. Military officials have said many times that they don't need all the money that gets flung at them. If we put 10 percent of what we pay into our military into education we wouldn't have dumb dumb trump equivalent supporters by the time they were old enough to vote.

• Fire 3