The General Election

Sorry to get off the food topic but how bad does Hillary look for refusing to debate now that Trump and Bernie are going to go at it, for charity no less? Wasn't she the "anytime, anywhere" debater in 2008?

How's she going to spin this? I'm guessing she's going to throw the "boys club" card out there any moment now.

She has no reason to debate Bernie again. She's on cruise control towards the nomination and stands to gain very little from it, much less a Fox News one. I watched how Fox News tried to straight up hatchet Trump in their last debate. It was a coordinated effort from the top. It'd be foolish to walk into an ambush like that.

The optics are terrible because of that quote, but we all know circumstances change and it's a shrewd but politically smart move.

Bernie, on the other hand, is riding high and has nothing to lose. Would be a very interesting debate, if it happened. I'm skeptical it will. I'd hope it doesn't just turn into a big Clinton sh#t-slinging fest.

It'll be nice if the proceeds do go to charity. We'll see if Trump lies about that charitable giving too.

Oh yeah, I agree that she doesn't need to. But it's all about public perception now, not behind the scenes political moves that most of the general public won't care to recognize. The debates are for the people and the people want to see it. Trump took one of his more significant dips in the polls after he sat out of a debate. Now, Hillary isn't exactly sitting out of this one, she's just not being included. We'll see what kind of effect it has on her.

Trump has next to nothing to lose here. I doubt he goes after Bernie much at all.

Oh yeah, I agree that she doesn't need to. But it's all about public perception now, not behind the scenes political moves that most of the general public won't care to recognize. The debates are for the people and the people want to see it. Trump took one of his more significant dips in the polls after he sat out of a debate. Now, Hillary isn't exactly sitting out of this one, she's just not being included. We'll see what kind of effect it has on her.

I'm interested as well. Trump did decline a debate prior to IN IIRC and still crushed it there to knock out Cruz. I've see enough Bernie debates for one lifetime. He just will not or cannot come off his stump speech. It's actually kind of funny how predictable he is when you pick up on his patterns.

But a Trump v. Bernie debate? Hell, I'd tune in.

Perception is huge though. If Clinton wins the election, it won't be because she's a champion of the people or "best shares my concerns" or anything up that alley. Bernie and oddly Trump have cornered that market. It'll be because she makes Trump look incompetent.

I'm not even sure how d advise her to go about trying to appeal to Joe Everyman blue collar voter anyway. I'd probably heavily utilize Bill, Obama, Biden, and Bernie, if he's willing, and prepare to cede that demo to Trump anyway.

If Clinton wins the election, it won't be because she's a champion of the people or "best shares my concerns" or anything up that alley. Bernie and oddly Trump have cornered that market. It'll be because she makes Trump look incompetent.

If Clinton wins the election it'll be because she's the least bad of all the bad choices.

• Fire 2

If Clinton wins the election, it won't be because she's a champion of the people or "best shares my concerns" or anything up that alley. Bernie and oddly Trump have cornered that market. It'll be because she makes Trump look incompetent.

If Clinton wins the election it'll be because she's the least bad of all the bad choices.

There is always a tallest midget!

What a time to be alive.

It really is amazing how certain ideas/buzz words/catch phrases....etc. get drilled into people's heads politically. The sad thing is, they don't even realize it. That's not a slam on anyone. It's simply how political marketing works. The people behind it know that and so it continues.

Yup. It's been shown in several studies that advertising can affect people even when they don't realize it and think they're immune. So it's not a stretch that political stuff does the same thing.

Clinton is a female democratic version of Richard Nixon

Trump is, well, Trump. Cartoonish and a bull in a china shop, especially on foreign policy. (See what I did there?)

Yes, this has been brought up before that Hillary is like Tricky Dick but even more corrupt. He managed to win in 1968, I just don't see Hillary winning this year. I don't really know anybody that likes her or is excited to vote for her.

• Fire 1

So the state department confirms that Hillary was not authorized to use her email like she claims, she continues to try to lie her way out of it, and there are still people willing to vote for her....

As several others have said - what a time to be alive...

I suppose we should be OK with Hillary using unauthorized email like we were OK with Reagan having coke-fueled parties and Bush II dodging the draft, right?

Or is the fact that Hillary used email in the same way that Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice used email somehow a huge smoking gun?

Or is it just some stupid smoke screen that the gullible will latch onto....

Wait. Don't answer that.

Trump 2016.

lol

• Fire 2