The General Election

The debates are going to get ugly. Trump has already tried to smear Hillary for Bill's infidelities. Does Hillary bring up Donald's cheating/raping?

Here is the point you are missing. Hillary knew of Bill's infidelities and abuse of other women and played an active role in smearing these women and/or covering up what happened to protect her political future. So when she attacks Trump for being bad for women, Trump will continue to respond with Hillary's actions that have been bad for women.

And we women find Trump's misogynistic and sexist comments and actions far more reprehensible. No contest.

The debates are going to get ugly. Trump has already tried to smear Hillary for Bill's infidelities. Does Hillary bring up Donald's cheating/raping?

Here is the point you are missing. Hillary knew of Bill's infidelities and abuse of other women and played an active role in smearing these women and/or covering up what happened to protect her political future. So when she attacks Trump for being bad for women, Trump will continue to respond with Hillary's actions that have been bad for women.

I think you are missing the point...

What point am I missing. Trump brought up Hillary's role in smearing those women IN RESPONSE TO her claim that he's bad for women. He is a counter-puncher and pushes back hard. She can bring up his past infidelities but I don't think that will come across well considering it will bring up her husband's infidelities. So remind me again what your point is other than the fact that this will be an ugly campaign season which is not a surprise to anyone.

And we women find Trump's misogynistic and sexist comments and actions far more reprehensible. No contest.

So making sexist comments is worse than Bill raping Juanita Brodderick and other women and Hillary smearing these abuse victims? I don't approve of either but think it's no contest that the Clinton's actions were worse than Trump's crazy words.

• Fire 1

What cover-up or smearing are you referencing in regards to Hillary's actions?

Are you saying those actions are more reprehensible than Donald cheating on and raping Ivana? Have you read her deposition excerpt?

Are you saying those actions are more reprehensible than Donald cheating on and raping Ivana? Have you read her deposition excerpt?

Umm...have you been living under a rock. Hillary knew about all of Bill's affairs and rapes and was central to ensuring it was swept under the rug.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/09/21/hillary-clinton-is-no-friend-to-sexual-assault-survivors/

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/every-clinton-sex-assault-victim/

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/juanita-broaddrick-hillary-clinton-hid-bills-infidelities/article/2592109

Meanwhile, the "rape" and deposition you are referring true has been proven to be unfounded in Ivana's own words. Here is what she said at the end of 2015. You are trying to diffuse the real tragedy of Bill's abuse of many women with this accusation by a spouse who was preparing to get divorced. Do you really think that Juanita Brodderick and Paula Jones will be coming out to release a similar statement?

Update 7/28/15 9:50 AM: Ivana Trump released a statement Tuesday morning to CNN.

“I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald. The story is totally without merit. Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised three children that we love and are very proud of. I have nothing but fondness for Donald and wish him the best of luck on his campaign. Incidentally, I think he would make an incredible president.”

Ironically, Ivana says a story based on her own words in a divorce deposition are “totally without merit.”

In further irony, Trump is distancing himself from his lawyer.

“Mr. Trump speaks for Mr. Trump and nobody but Mr. Trump speaks for him,” a campaign source told CNN.

So making sexist comments is worse than Bill raping Juanita Brodderick and other women and Hillary smearing these abuse victims? I don't approve of either but think it's no contest that the Clinton's actions were worse than Trump's crazy words.

If Bill were running then all those things could be brought up - but to hold a woman acceptable for her husbands past actions (good or bad) are is ridiculous. Hilary "smearing' them is a matter of opinion. For many of you it wouldn't matter what she did or didn't do you'll find a way to tie her to anything and place blame.

If Bill were running then all those things could be brought up - but to hold a woman acceptable for her husbands past actions (good or bad) are is ridiculous. Hilary "smearing' them is a matter of opinion. For many of you it wouldn't matter what she did or didn't do you'll find a way to tie her to anything and place blame.

And furthermore - If you want to look at how someone handles a personal situation then you have to look in the Trump mirror and reflect on his actions surrounding his 3 marriages, affairs, how he treats employees and contractors and etc.

Umm...have you been living under a rock. Hillary knew about all of Bill's affairs and rapes and was central to ensuring it was swept under the rug.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/09/21/hillary-clinton-is-no-friend-to-sexual-assault-survivors/

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/juanita-broaddrick-hillary-clinton-hid-bills-infidelities/article/2592109

Meanwhile, the "rape" and deposition you are referring true has been proven to be unfounded in Ivana's own words. Here is what she said at the end of 2015. You are trying to diffuse the real tragedy of Bill's abuse of many women with this accusation by a spouse who was preparing to get divorced. Do you really think that Juanita Brodderick and Paula Jones will be coming out to release a similar statement?

Update 7/28/15 9:50 AM: Ivana Trump released a statement Tuesday morning to CNN.

“I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald. The story is totally without merit. Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised three children that we love and are very proud of. I have nothing but fondness for Donald and wish him the best of luck on his campaign. Incidentally, I think he would make an incredible president.”

Ironically, Ivana says a story based on her own words in a divorce deposition are “totally without merit.”

“Mr. Trump speaks for Mr. Trump and nobody but Mr. Trump speaks for him,” a campaign source told CNN.

I personally think everyone involved in this...."Bill, HIllary, Trump, Ivana......are really really screwed up people and are extremely out of touch with reality. Good Lord....why don't we just elect one of the Kardashians?

Both Bill and Donald are total pieces of sh#t and I for the life of me can't understand why anyone (especially women) would defend their actions.

• Fire 3

I think there's a bit of false equivalency there. We don't know what either Hillary's or Ivana's motivations were for their actions. But to me it seems that Clinton's actions could be interpreted as the response of a spouse who has found out their husband has been unfaithful to them. I'm sure Ivana was operating from a place of similar emotion.

But Trump's attacks on Clinton were levied against her own actions in addressing her private life. Hers against him were based upon his public demeanor denigrating and objectifying women. I guess I'm trying to draw the distinction between public and private lives and behavior.

I can't say how I'd react if I was married and I found out my wife cheated on me. I'm sure I wouldn't be very friendly with the guy. I'd probably want to beat the sh#t out of him as an initial reaction. I don't at all endorse Clinton's alleged actions, but I'm not about to pass judgment on her for it, either.

Trump's public treatment of women is disgusting.

• Fire 2

You are the one that first raised a claim about Ivana's deposition without reading the full facts of the case and what she spoke about in the past year on that topic. I don't love Trump and don't agree with many of his statements, but he has not victimized women in the way the Clintons have. Had Hillary left Bill upon knowing of his ways, then I would actually praise her and hold her in higher regard. Instead, she blamed the victims and the Right Wing Conspiracy while sticking by Bill's side. Multiple women have commented how Hillary tried to smear or silence them, and you think that is acceptable? If this was just a single woman making these claims, I would say its her word against theirs. But given it's multiple victims, and the Clintons have a history of lying, I am going to trust these women over the Clintons. I can say the same for the Bill Cosby situation. When I heard the first story come through, I thought, she must want money or fame. When the second came forward, I started to think different. But when more and more came forward, I no longer believed Cosby.

I personally think everyone involved in this...."Bill, HIllary, Trump, Ivana......are really really screwed up people and are extremely out of touch with reality. Good Lord....why don't we just elect one of the Kardashians?

Both Bill and Donald are total pieces of sh#t and I for the life of me can't understand why anyone (especially women) would defend their actions.

BRB-I would rather be discussing other topics but was responding to a post made earlier on this topic. I find Bill's action and Trumps words indefensible, but I also find Hillary's actions toward these women indefensible too. She is claiming the mantle of being a champion for women's rights, and for years women have been victimized, yet when she had the opportunity to accept what Bill had done and get away from him, she chose otherwise, stuck by his side, and smeared these women. I've stated in other posts in prior weeks that, of all that I have disagreements with Hillary about, this is perhaps what sticks the most.

You are the one that first raised a claim about Ivana's deposition without reading the full facts of the case and what she spoke about in the past year on that topic. I don't love Trump and don't agree with many of his statements, but he has not victimized women in the way the Clintons have. Had Hillary left Bill upon knowing of his ways, then I would actually praise her and hold her in higher regard. Instead, she blamed the victims and the Right Wing Conspiracy while sticking by Bill's side. Multiple women have commented how Hillary tried to smear or silence them, and you think that is acceptable? If this was just a single woman making these claims, I would say its her word against theirs. But given it's multiple victims, and the Clintons have a history of lying, I am going to trust these women over the Clintons. I can say the same for the Bill Cosby situation. When I heard the first story come through, I thought, she must want money or fame. When the second came forward, I started to think different. But when more and more came forward, I no longer believed Cosby.

Nope. You should review the content here. I said nothing about Ivanka.

My apologies...there were two others that brought up Ivana's name (Ivanka is the daughter). With that said, my point still holds true.

My apologies...there were two others that brought up Ivana's name (Ivanka is the daughter). With that said, my point still holds true.

No sweat. Sorry for the name mix up. To be clear, Ivanka is the one he said he'd date if she wasn't his daughter? :-)

Edit: http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-ivanka-sex-trevor-noah-daily-show