The General Election

Why do these people put out a statement that is so blatantly clear that it's a total line of BS? Simply saying...."hey, we love Sarah but we decided to go in a different direction this year with speakers" would be perfectly fine and nobody would question it.

But, this BS?? It just proves how stupid these people think the public is.

According to this article, in a two person race

In CO, Clinton 43 %, Trump 35%, undecided/other 21%

In FL, Clinton 44%, Trump 37%, undecided/other 19%

In NC, Clinton 44%, Trump 38%, undecided/other 18%

In VA, Clinton 44%, Trump 35%, undecided/other 21%

In a four person race

In CO, Clinton 39%, Trump 33%, Johnson 13%, Stein 4%, undecided/other 11%

In FL, Clinton 41%, Trump 36%, Johnson 7%, Stein 4%, undecided/other 12%

In NC, Clinton 42%, Trump 36%, Johnson 7%, Stein 2%, undecided/other 13%

In VA, Clinton 41%, Trump 34%, Johnson 10%, Stein 2%, undecided/other 13%

To me the additional candidates slightly effects the Clinton vote more than the Trump vote. It could be possible that Clinton could get elected with about 60% of the popular vote NOT voting for her. Not a good mandate.

Art of the spin: Trump bankers question his portrayal of financial comeback

Donald Trump, who often says he only likes winners, tells one grand tale of loss: In 1990, he nearly went bankrupt and was forced to ask dozens of banks to whom he owed money to change the terms on their loans and forgive some of his debts.

It was, the real estate developer admits in his 1997 book "The Art of the Comeback," the darkest period of his professional life. In his telling, it's a story of redemption, of resilience, and proof of his exceptional negotiating skills and shrewd thinking.

Six people who participated in the loan workout negotiations have a different recollection, raising questions about a key part of the personal narrative that many of Trump's supporters have found compelling as he campaigns to be the next president of the United States on Nov. 8. On the campaign trail he has portrayed himself as a survivor and a master negotiator.

• Fire 1

AR, I see that, and I raise you this...

Donald Trump’s Deals Rely on Being Creative With the Truth

As Mr. Trump prepares to claim the Republican nomination for president this week, he and his supporters are sure to laud his main calling card — his long, operatic record as a swaggering business tycoon. And without question, there will be successes aplenty to highlight, from his gleaming golden high-rises to his well-regarded golf resorts, hit TV shows and best-selling books.

But a survey of Mr. Trump’s four decades of wheeling and dealing also reveals an equally operatic record of dissembling and deception, some of it unabashedly confirmed by Mr. Trump himself, who nearly 30 years ago first extolled the business advantages of “truthful hyperbole.” Indeed, based on the mountain of court records churned out over the span of Mr. Trump’s career, it is hard to find a project he touched that did not produce allegations of broken promises, blatant lies or outright fraud.

Under the intense scrutiny of a presidential election, many of those allegations have already become familiar campaign fodder: the Trump University students and Trump condo buyers who say they were fleeced; the public servants from New Jersey to Scotland who now say they rue the zoning approvals, licenses or tax breaks they gave based on Mr. Trump’s promises; the small-time contractors who say Mr. Trump concocted complaints about their work to avoid paying them; the infuriated business partners who say Mr. Trump concealed profits or ignored contractual obligations; the business journalists and stock analysts who say Mr. Trump smeared them for critical coverage.

Taken as a whole, though, an examination of Mr. Trump’s business career reveals persistent patterns in the way Mr. Trump bends or breaks the truth — patterns that may already feel familiar to those watching his campaign.

Particularly interesting is his shifting definition of what constitutes "truthful hyperbole", as he terms it.

I heard a pretty succinct explanation of Trump recently. It does not matter what Donald Trump says. It's how he says it. He's whipping up emotions with fear-mongering and showmanship, and hoping people get caught up in the whirlwind that is his persona. He's hoping that they buy into his personality, and believe in that, rather than what he actually says. If you actually bother to fact-check anything he says for truthfulness or continuity, it's obviously bunk.

He wants people so bought into the narrative that everything around them is so godd#mn awful, getting worse every day, we're teetering on the brink of disaster, and he's the only one who can fix it. He's the best, haven't you heard?

The fact people consistently rate him as more honest than Clinton is laughably terrible for her, and a function of her being a politician for so long. Trump is by far less honest of the two.

If you buy the personality, you'll probably vote for Trump. If you apply even the least bit of scrutiny to what he actually says or proposes, it'll fall apart. He's counting on people not doing that.

According to this article, in a two person race

In CO, Clinton 43 %, Trump 35%, undecided/other 21%

In FL, Clinton 44%, Trump 37%, undecided/other 19%

In NC, Clinton 44%, Trump 38%, undecided/other 18%

In VA, Clinton 44%, Trump 35%, undecided/other 21%

In a four person race

In CO, Clinton 39%, Trump 33%, Johnson 13%, Stein 4%, undecided/other 11%

In FL, Clinton 41%, Trump 36%, Johnson 7%, Stein 4%, undecided/other 12%

In NC, Clinton 42%, Trump 36%, Johnson 7%, Stein 2%, undecided/other 13%

In VA, Clinton 41%, Trump 34%, Johnson 10%, Stein 2%, undecided/other 13%

To me the additional candidates slightly effects the Clinton vote more than the Trump vote. It could be possible that Clinton could get elected with about 60% of the popular vote NOT voting for her. Not a good mandate.

I think the polling in 2016 will go down as being the most inconsistent in a long time. Each polling outfit is using completely different methodologies. This NBC Marist poll is including 8% more Democrats in it's final results. You really have to sift through the methodology to see how the final results are determined. The Reuters poll is even worse and is including 14% more Dems, and indicating that there are only around 15% of voters who deem themselves Independent.

http://www.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/16495NBCWSJJuly2016Poll9am.pdf

Here are some great videos of Hillary...I wonder if she will be continuing to show that she is a pathological liar when she speaks at the Democratic convention. Seriously, how can anyone believe one word that comes out of this woman's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftx7soJIaKg

I know Hillary needs to get out the black vote like Obama was able to do, so I wonder if she will be bringing Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and others to join a chorus of BLM protesters on stage. That would be fitting.

Here are some great videos of Hillary...I wonder if she will be continuing to show that she is a pathological liar when she speaks at the Democratic convention. Seriously, how can anyone believe one word that comes out of this woman's mouth.

I know Hillary needs to get out the black vote like Obama was able to do, so I wonder if she will be bringing Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and others to join a chorus of BLM protesters on stage. That would be fitting.

If you are so distraught about someone lying why aren't you focusing on Trump instead?

• Fire 5

It's unfortunate that you equate the Clinton campaign with the negative aspects of BLM and racial advocacy, Bnil.

There's one candidate stoking racial tensions and trying to pit people against each other on the basis of race, and it isn't her.

I stand by my statement. Clinton has her own problems with truthfulness, but objectively much less so than Trump.

• Fire 4

I will be interested in seeing the comparison of the two in the liar meter.

So far in this campaign, your boy hasn't faired very well.