The General Election

That's a very click-baity post you've got there, TGHusker.

Campus Reform, is the source? What are they about?

Campus Reform is an American conservative-leaning news website focused on higher education. It is operated by Leadership Institute and its reporters are students.

In September 2015 Campus Reform said its website had received 9.3 million page views in the past year.

The news site is known for conservative journalism, where it reports on what it claims are incidents of liberal bias and restrictions on free speech on American college campuses.

The Leadership Institute? Wonder what they're about...

The Leadership Institute is a 501©(3) non-profit organization located in Arlington, Virginia that teaches "political technology."

The Institute was founded in 1979 by conservative activist Morton C. Blackwell. Its mission is to "increase the number and effectiveness of conservative activists" and to "identify, train, recruit and place conservatives in politics, government, and media."

The Leadership Institute offers 44 types of training seminars at its Arlington headquarters, around the United States, and occasionally in foreign countries. In 2014, the Institute trained 18,182. Since its 1979 founding, the Leadership Institute has trained more than 161,271 students. Alumni include Grover Norquist, Ralph Reed, Jeff Gannon, Senator Mitch McConnell, Governor Mike Pence, James O'Keefe, new members of the 113th Congress, and elected officials in all 50 states.

That's OK. I think I'll pass on giving them a page view.

Thanks for the research Knapp. I had no idea who they were. Just thought it was pretty amusing. With your research, I suspect the 'results' were pretty predictable.

• 2 weeks later...

Politico: RNC paid intel firm for Clinton dirt

As the general election was taking shape last summer, the Republican National Committee initiated a series of payments to a low-profile firm started by retired Central Intelligence Agency officers that worked closely with an ex-Russian spy.

...they initially claimed the payments were entirely for an assessment by Hamilton Trading Group of building security concerns at the RNC’s Capitol Hill headquarters.

Spoiler alert: this was a lie. Such honest and forthcoming people.

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...

We've talked a little about it before but I'm really curious how big a factor "change" is for who wins elections.

What I mean is, if one party is in power at least slightly for 8-12 years, even if everything is wonderful do we vote them out because the grass is always greener?

Along those lines, how much of a factor is being on the losing side in whether someone votes next time or not? There's a lot of talk now about the Democrats being energized. It seems to be human nature to not realize or be excited about how good you have it. If they had already been energized about not letting Trump win, maybe they would have won.

The longer this goes, the more I'm convinced that Trump won because of who he was running against. Hillary was flat out just that pathetic of a nominee. You put anyone reasonable up against Trump and they win.

Now, if that is the case, the Republicans are in trouble in the midterms. However, if the Dems put up another pathetic candidate in 2020, it's not going to be a cake walk. ESPECIALLY, if he flips on so many issues that his whack job comments early on have been forgotten.