OWH: Outgoing UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman leaves with unmet goal: Huskers’ return to top

For about a decade people thought TO couldn't move the chains.

Actually for about two different decades.

We're thrilled you're now advocating similar patience with Mike Riley.

As I've said dozens of times, if Riley matches Frank's and Bo's performances, you won't hear me calling for his head.

Unfortunately, even if he bounces up two or three levels from his career .500 record, he only has a decade of coaching left in him (if that).

Oh please. You were calling for his head from day one.

Mere weeks ago you advocated eating Riley's contract and replacing him with a guy who brought in a .000 record as a head coach.

You do realize there's a search feature on this site, right?

As I've said dozens of times, you are the master of moving the goalposts.

• Fire 1

The man had 3 tries at a conference title, and every time he found a way to lose it more spectacularly than the last.

And Riley has how many tries at a conference title?.......and has been coaching how long?

Nothing you have to say holds any merit

• Fire 1

For about a decade people thought TO couldn't move the chains.

Actually for about two different decades.

We're thrilled you're now advocating similar patience with Mike Riley.

As I've said dozens of times, if Riley matches Frank's and Bo's performances, you won't hear me calling for his head.

Unfortunately, even if he bounces up two or three levels from his career .500 record, he only has a decade of coaching left in him (if that).

Oh please. You were calling for his head from day one.

Mere weeks ago you advocated eating Riley's contract and replacing him with a guy who brought in a .000 record as a head coach.

You do realize there's a search feature on this site, right?

As I've said dozens of times, you are the master of moving the goalposts.

You're wrong. At one point I said we should be bold and go for Frost before he gets settled at UCF because he has far more upside. But other than that, I've never called for his head.

Post the quotes or STFU.

• Fire 2

But let's just say you've never remotely advocated giving Mike Riley the time allotted to Solich or Bo, so stop with the horsesh#t and just embrace your hatred of the Riley hire:.

Time allotted is earned. Riley is currently earning it at a Callahan level.

• Fire 1

The difference was that he was winning conference championships or at least finishing second with his 9 wins. It takes more than that now. Bo wasn't achieving that.

So based on this criteria, please explain the Riley hire.
Why do I need to explain it? I was indifferent to the hire. And I don't mind him taking a couple years to build it if he can. If he can't, then adios.
  • Fire 3

But let's just say you've never remotely advocated giving Mike Riley the time allotted to Solich or Bo, so stop with the horsesh#t and just embrace your hatred of the Riley hire:.

Time allotted is earned. Riley is currently earning it at a Callahan level.

This.

Solich and Pelini hit the ground running. Cally and Riley tripped over their own feet right out of the gate.

Oh, that's right. Riley inherited a bunch of crap players who won't buy in cuz loyalty to Bo.

• Fire 1

BC wasn't A high profile NFL coach at that point, but I don't believe he is lying when he says that SP had a high profile NFL HC lined up and the guy got cold feet. It sounds very logical, as the article says SP made a bad call by not having a solid plan B lined up.

Yet HP and SE didn't have a plan B beyond MR. Interesting.

Well, since he was hired, there didn't need to be.

That is faulty hindsight justification. That doesn't change the fact that he didn't learn from his past mistake, and was determined to put all his eggs in one basket again and not have a backup plan. You'd think he would have learned. It's as though he felt he was always right, and was determined to leave his mark on the football program.

The negotiations between SE and MR didn't drag out for weeks on end. We hired a coach a week after we fired the previous one. Who's to say that he wouldn't have had a plan B if the negotiations had dragged on for another week?

• Fire 1