More Law Trouble for Baylor

In case anyone missed this gem:

Art Briles: "I’ve Never Done Anything Illegal, Immoral, Unethical"

“I’ve been in it 38 years, and I’ve done, you know, lived the right way for 60 years of my life,” Briles said to reporters, “I’ve never done anything illegal, immoral, unethical.” He also compared football to a lost dog.

“I’m excited about coaching again, I really am, because you know, if you lose your dog, all of a sudden, you’re looking around hollering for him. Just stay up late at night, looking for him. I’ve lost my dog. My dog’s football. I’m ready to go find it again.”

Wow. I'm impressed. I can't really make the same claim. He must be some kind of saint. Saint Briles.

Forget WWJD, we should be asking WWABD

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone missed this gem:

Art Briles: "I’ve Never Done Anything Illegal, Immoral, Unethical"

“I’ve been in it 38 years, and I’ve done, you know, lived the right way for 60 years of my life,” Briles said to reporters, “I’ve never done anything illegal, immoral, unethical.” He also compared football to a lost dog.

“I’m excited about coaching again, I really am, because you know, if you lose your dog, all of a sudden, you’re looking around hollering for him. Just stay up late at night, looking for him. I’ve lost my dog. My dog’s football. I’m ready to go find it again.”

Baylor, man.

Baylor Receiver Caught On Video Beating Dog http://deadspin.com/baylor-receiver-caught-on-video-beating-dog-1785508101

I think WR Ishmael Zamora got the Briles' message wrong. It's "looking around hollering for him" not beating him and hollering at him. lulz :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Also that lady is a POS for even trying to pry more money from them

Why is she a POS? Would you turn down 1.5 million dollars in hush-money? She did. Even with the "negotiations" the end-result is that she is going public with stuff that Baylor wanted to keep quiet. I think that is a good thing.

yeah she said no to 1.5 million. Good for her, but she tried to pry an extra half million out of them. To me that shows that she was willing to further hurt the victims by staying silent due to her own personal greed. Suppose Baylor actually decided to go ahead and pay the extra cash she asked for. We wouldn't be hearing about this because she would've accepted the hush money.

Shut it down. Shut it all down.

Also that lady is a POS for even trying to pry more money from them

Things I thought I'd never say #16: I have to the agree with Iowegian here ;-)

This woman was hired to do a job, Baylor & decision makers actively, knowingly, and illegally undermined her & her department. These people actively facilitated athletes to violating the legal & civil rights of students. Now they want the Title IX Coordinator to stay quite. If she agreed to the settlement, she would probably have to change careers or at least be out of work for quite some time. The 500k is nothing to Baylor but that's at least a couple years income to her.

If she doesn't sign it, she might have more options to earn income but will have to fight through a smear campaign she could lose. Baylor & the top decision makers continue to be only POS' in this and it's not even close... Baylor's leadership truly seem to believe they did nothing wrong; whether it's sociopathic or psychopathic, it's beyond unacceptable, period.

• Fire 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...