Keyshawn Sr. Fires Opening Shot at Oregon

Ugggh - hope he gets it together before - hate that we'd suddenly be in that cocky, trash talking mentality. I'd rather be the better sportsman and use bs like this to motivate our guys, not have to defend against.

First off, this was from Keyshawn Sr, not Junior.

I'm quite aware

Secondly, he went to USC so already dislikes Oregon

Okay ...

Thirdly- He is joking around and supporting the Huskers and his kid.

I understand he thinks it a joke and that you feel any press is good press

I am all on-board having some fun. Key is a talker and I am very ok with that!

You'll likely get to see more of it in the coming years I'm guessing. If he's doing it prior to Jr. even moving to Lincoln, it's not going to slow down once his kids' in the line up.

I just don't think it aligns much with our brand as "americas greatest college fb fans" or our coaching staff's philosophy on how one should conduct themselves.

Ugggh - hope he gets it together before - hate that we'd suddenly be in that cocky, trash talking mentality. I'd rather be the better sportsman and use bs like this to motivate our guys, not have to defend against.

I'm quite aware

Okay ...

You'll likely get to see more of it in the coming years I'm guessing. If he's doing it prior to Jr. even moving to Lincoln, it's not going to slow down once his kids' in the line up.

I just don't think it aligns much with our brand as "americas greatest college fb fans" or our coaching staff's philosophy on how one should conduct themselves.

Lighten up, blue hair.

• Fire 1

I'm quite aware

Okay ...

Lighten up, blue hair.

People can have differing opinions. No need to call names because someone disagrees with yours.

I'm quite aware

Okay ...

Lighten up, blue hair.

People can have differing opinions. No need to call names because someone disagrees with yours.

Omg. Stop.

• Fire 1

This type of talk is not poor sportsmanship and is pretty normal throughout CFB. Not normally from a father of a player but hopefully Sr.'s swagger got passed down to son as well as athletic abilities. We need a little more testosterone running throughout the team. Just need to apply it while on the field, but hey, its a start!

Matter of opinion on the level of sportsmanship - I like the testosterone, just prefer it in the locker room and on the field. I'd prefer we get it done and let that speak for itself. Just like dancing in the end zone - I think it's more impactful to politely hand the ref the ball and get back to the sideline. Do your business. Don't talk about it, and certainly don't talk about it on twitter months before a game.

Look at the 92' Huskers vs. the Miami Hurricanes of the 80s'. I'd rather be the former and be respected for our talent than hated for our mouths.

Our teams you talk about back in the 90s, were very verbal on and off the field. Social media just was not the norm back then. I am all for being great sports (shake the opponents hand after you kick the sh*t out of them), but you have to have a little attitude to get anywhere in this world, or you will be consumed by those who could give a ****! Just my opinion

• Fire 2

Hope Adidas let's us wear alternate uniforms for that game.

Or,... we could "suggest" they make this game a showcase for their brand-new design team for alternate uniforms. They should also "let us" have the players give input or vote on a concept. WE should be wearing the pants in the contract negotiations with Adidas.

pun intended.