Keyshawn Sr. Fires Opening Shot at Oregon

Ugggh - hope he gets it together before - hate that we'd suddenly be in that cocky, trash talking mentality. I'd rather be the better sportsman and use bs like this to motivate our guys, not have to defend against.

This type of talk is not poor sportsmanship and is pretty normal throughout CFB. Not normally from a father of a player but hopefully Sr.'s swagger got passed down to son as well as athletic abilities. We need a little more testosterone running throughout the team. Just need to apply it while on the field, but hey, its a start!

Matter of opinion on the level of sportsmanship - I like the testosterone, just prefer it in the locker room and on the field. I'd prefer we get it done and let that speak for itself. Just like dancing in the end zone - I think it's more impactful to politely hand the ref the ball and get back to the sideline. Do your business. Don't talk about it, and certainly don't talk about it on twitter months before a game.

Look at the 92' Huskers vs. the Miami Hurricanes of the 80s'. I'd rather be the former and be respected for our talent than hated for our mouths.

This program has sat on a ocean with no waves to ride for many years. We have recently caught a nice wave and might as well ride it all the way.... Doesn't hurt to throw in a couple moves to catch others attention. Someday when everybody knows we are back at the top then we can let others make the noise for us.

Ugggh - hope he gets it together before - hate that we'd suddenly be in that cocky, trash talking mentality. I'd rather be the better sportsman and use bs like this to motivate our guys, not have to defend against.

Yeah, I'm sure none of our past or current players have ever trash talked an opponent.

Didn't say that did I? Said I didn't like it. That I'd prefer we be bigger than that and better sportsman, and I think on the whole historically Nebraska has been pretty good about walking the walk and not talking it. Can't do much to control ones parent, but hopefully the players are more cautious about what they put out publicly. It certainly wouldn't be reflective of how this coaching staff goes about their business.

Exactly what is wrong with sports today. No one can handle a little smack talk.

• Fire 3

First off, this was from Keyshawn Sr, not Junior.

Secondly, he went to USC so already dislikes Oregon

Thirdly- He is joking around and supporting the Huskers and his kid.

I am all on-board having some fun. Key is a talker and I am very ok with that!

Who tf cares

I agree. While this will be used as a proxy war, it's mainly inconsequential.

I personally think that sort of public brashness goes against the "brand" (like BT's back in the day), but it's not a big deal.

It is always a little weird when "helicopter" parents are involved like this and take to Twitter, but it probably benefits NU overall in this case.

Let's just hope it doesn't end up like the key shaking episode did.

• Fire 4