The Most Absurd Play (or Game) in Husker Football History

A debate about what may have happened had a hypothetical injury happened 7 years ago.

I know we want to pillory bo and explain away any success he had, but I do wonder why.

Off season I gues.

The biggest what if that I think about is what if Taylor Martinez never gets hurt in that Missouri game in 2010. What does the end of the season look like and what do the next years look like? He never looked quite the same throwing or running after that severe high ankle sprain.

• Fire 1

A debate about what may have happened had a hypothetical injury happened 7 years ago.

I know we want to pillory bo and explain away any success he had, but I do wonder why.

Off season I gues.

The biggest what if that I think about is what if Taylor Martinez never gets hurt in that Missouri game in 2010. What does the end of the season look like and what do the next years look like? He never looked quite the same throwing or running after that severe high ankle sprain.

Beat OU for the conference championship, beat UCONN in the Fiesta Bowl, finish the season 13-1 or 12-2

• Fire 2

If we're speaking of just "absurd" plays, something that made you chuckle, the fake FG against Colorado in 2008 was so absurd it made me laugh out loud. We'd run that play against Kansas earlier in the year, and the field goal we were lining up for was really long. Not only was Colorado on alert for a fake, they had film on the exact kind of fake we were going to run. Their Safety took the flip intended for Henery out of the air and went untouched for the silliest of touchdowns.

Run a fake there, that's all right. But don't run the exact same fake you'd done two games ago.

All I could do was laugh as Colorado ran that in for the score. THAT was absurd.

About as good as that fake punt we tried running against (can't remember the team name) but they obviously knew it was coming.

Never underestimate a coaching staff's ability to out-think themselves.

Off season I gues.

Beat OU for the conference championship, beat UCONN in the Fiesta Bowl, finish the season 13-1 or 12-2

Man do I wish we could have played UCONN that year. UCONN was still selling some of the Fiesta bowl T-shirts in the university bookstore up until a couple of years ago. I would have loved to been able to buy one and where it around campus.

Off season I gues.

Or 2013 for that matter. Martinez was trending up each season and he was off to a great start that year. Instead, NU had to grind out 9 wins with a freshman and a walkon at QB.

I think a healthy matinez adds at least 2 wins to that seasons total.

If we're speaking of just "absurd" plays, something that made you chuckle, the fake FG against Colorado in 2008 was so absurd it made me laugh out loud. We'd run that play against Kansas earlier in the year, and the field goal we were lining up for was really long. Not only was Colorado on alert for a fake, they had film on the exact kind of fake we were going to run. Their Safety took the flip intended for Henery out of the air and went untouched for the silliest of touchdowns.

Run a fake there, that's all right. But don't run the exact same fake you'd done two games ago.

All I could do was laugh as Colorado ran that in for the score. THAT was absurd.

About as good as that fake punt we tried running against (can't remember the team name) but they obviously knew it was coming.

wasn't it our loss to Iowa at home a couple years ago?

wasn't it our loss to Iowa at home a couple years ago?

That's the one. It had me like that gif of the Jacksonville Jaguars fan just being at a complete loss for what was transpiring on the field.