CB Jaylon Johnson [Utah - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sounds like we're out.

Why do you say that?

He says it because it is the truth. Mav is a recruiting expert, I would say he may be better at recruiting info then some of the guys on ESPN. He reads lots of articles from various sites and goes off that to give the board good info.

Thanks. I don't know if I'm an expert but I do read a lot. So I basically steal all my ideas for others.

He seems thinks we have enough young DBs so he's looking elsewhere. Apparently that sentiment is making the rounds in the recruiting circles. Which seems a bit odd to me. I do like several of our young guys but I don't think we're totally set there. Not like a bunch of them are already on the field playing or anything.

Sounds like we're out.

Why do you say that?

He says it because it is the truth. Mav is a recruiting expert, I would say he may be better at recruiting info then some of the guys on ESPN. He reads lots of articles from various sites and goes off that to give the board good info.

Thanks. I don't know if I'm an expert but I do read a lot. So I basically steal all my ideas for others.

He seems thinks we have enough young DBs so he's looking elsewhere. Apparently that sentiment is making the rounds in the recruiting circles. Which seems a bit odd to me. I do like several of our young guys but I don't think we're totally set there. Not like a bunch of them are already on the field playing or anything.

Yikes. Not upset over losing this one if that's the case. Best wishes

Sounds like we're out.

Why do you say that?

I can see it if there are some highly rated people in the program and no track record of the staff consistently putting people in the NFL. The old staff was pretty good at that but, based on last year, I can't see the current staff claiming it. Maybe a few more years of exceptional production will change that. Lockdown U needs to be an actual thing before you can sell kids on it being real.

Sounds like we're out.

Why do you say that?

Well lots of ESPN guys steal ideas too, it was just a funny comparison because I would rather read your info here, then pay 5 or so dollars a month to read recruiting articles. Twitter can also be a really good friend for recruiting news, especially when a kid commits.

Sounds like we're out.

Why do you say that?

Well lots of ESPN guys steal ideas too, it was just a funny comparison because I would rather read your info here, then pay 5 or so dollars a month to read recruiting articles. Twitter can also be a really good friend for recruiting news, especially when a kid commits.

Yeah, Twitter makes a huge difference. Not only can you get a feel from the recruits themselves but a lot of times - especially with higher-rated guys - I think it's pretty informative to see their interviews with national guys and not just the guys who cover the Huskers. I think recruits tend to talk up a school more if they're talking to a guy who primarily covers that school.