*** 2019 Recruiting ***

18 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

We have 1 more 3 star recruit than they do do which would bring down the average per recruit for us.  Also, 24/7 is a bit different from other services because they go by the star rating but then also assign individual ratings to the recruit.  So even though the stars might be the same, there might be a 90.10 4 star versus a 89.75 4 star (just an example).

The average rating for both is .8805.

I can't remember where I posted it but I made a fairly lengthy post regarding college football national championship games and their correlation to recruiting rankings.  It basically showed from 1998-last year, only 4 teams competed for a NC or made the CFP final 4 with a 4 year average recruiting ranking lower than 15.

Oregon twice.  Michigan St.  Washington

This year, the four teams competing in the CFP have a 4 year average of:

Alabama: 2

Clemson: 11

Notre Dame: 12

Oklahoma: 13

(This was figured using 247 composite rankings from 2015-2018)

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yes ... somehow.

That is per the 247 Composite.  On 247's own rankings, we are #16.  On Rivals we are #17.  On ESPN we are #22.  But somehow that still ends up with us at #22 in the Composite.

Damn. 16th. 

Any chance we finish there, or a little higher? 

(I follow the commitments, but not really the rankings).

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The average rating for both is .8805.

Also, you can pull up the calculator and even add players for any school.  Below are the links to both Nebraska and Miss St.  While the average might be the same throughout the whole class, the individual ratings differ.  For instance, the top 2 miss st recruits are rated higher than our top recruit.  Which would lead me to believe they are a bit more top heavy and we have more guys in the same range- so while our average is the same, I'm sure the composite ranking is favorable to higher individual player ratings.

At the end of the day there's a million ways to calculate this and  I feel like I'm back in a crappy stats class trying to make sense of it.  Moral of the story is we swooped the #2 all purposes back recruit in the country, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Season/2019-Football/Commits/Preview/

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Season/2019-Football/Commits/Preview/