NU football ticket availability underscores critical nature of season

I definitely think the sell-out streak is in jeopardy. Went through the ticket office a couple weeks ago to purchase single game tickets for the Oregon game. Just received an email, stating that single game tickets would not be sold, the only way to get tickets for the Oregon game is to purchase season tickets. Reminds me of the sh#t that the Iowa State's and Wyoming's of the world would do, whenever we went to play them at their field. The university knows that is the only home game worth going to this year and they are trying to capitalize on it as much as possible.

Not sure I follow.

They aren't going to sell single game tickets because they plan on selling out with season ticket holders. Oregon fans get allotted a certain number that they can buy through their ticket office in the visiter's section. They aren't being required to by Nebraska season tickets to come to see the game.

I'm saying the university is requiring husker fans, who want to buy tickets for the Oregon game, to purchase season tickets. They will not be selling single-game tickets for that game, yet single game tickets will be available for all other games.

I definitely think the sell-out streak is in jeopardy. Went through the ticket office a couple weeks ago to purchase single game tickets for the Oregon game. Just received an email, stating that single game tickets would not be sold, the only way to get tickets for the Oregon game is to purchase season tickets. Reminds me of the sh#t that the Iowa State's and Wyoming's of the world would do, whenever we went to play them at their field. The university knows that is the only home game worth going to this year and they are trying to capitalize on it as much as possible.

Not sure I follow.

They aren't going to sell single game tickets because they plan on selling out with season ticket holders. Oregon fans get allotted a certain number that they can buy through their ticket office in the visiter's section. They aren't being required to by Nebraska season tickets to come to see the game.

I'm saying the university is requiring husker fans, who want to buy tickets for the Oregon game, to purchase season tickets. They will not be selling single-game tickets for that game, yet single game tickets will be available for all other games.

if true, that is pure bullsh#t!

• Fire 1

Not sure I follow.

I don't think this is accurate. I logged into my account and tried to purchase single-game tickets. It will let me purchase single-game tickets for the Fresno St., Illinois, Purdue and Maryland games. I can only REQUEST tickets for Wyoming, Oregon and Minnesota. I am fairly certain these tickets are from the visiting-team allotment. They are not expecting to sell all the tickets for those first four games but are waiting to see if Wyoming, Oregon and Minnesota turn back any tickets before opening them up for purchase.

I'm pretty doubtful that they'd sell any regular single-game tickets until they've exhausted every avenue to sell them as season-tickets.

Not sure I follow.

if true, that is pure bullsh#t!

Go up about halfway up and read the discussion. It's true, and it's not bullsh#t...

• Fire 1

Not sure I follow.

I don't think this is accurate. I logged into my account and tried to purchase single-game tickets. It will let me purchase single-game tickets for the Fresno St., Illinois, Purdue and Maryland games. I can only REQUEST tickets for Wyoming, Oregon and Minnesota. I am fairly certain these tickets are from the visiting-team allotment. They are not expecting to sell all the tickets for those first four games but are waiting to see if Wyoming, Oregon and Minnesota turn back any tickets before opening them up for purchase.

I'm pretty doubtful that they'd sell any regular single-game tickets until they've exhausted every avenue to sell them as season-tickets.

Here is a response from an email I received from the ticket office, notice the un-bolded section that says the Oregon game will not be sold on a single-game basis. This was after calling the ticket office back in April and walking through the steps to get on the list. What it means, I don't know.

Important Information Regarding Your Nebraska Ticket Request

LCOUDNYMBWKJJXM.20160316135716.gif

Thanks for your interest in Nebraska Football and requesting tickets for the Huskers' match-up with Oregon on September 17.

We wanted to let you know that the Oregon game will not be sold on a single-game basis and season tickets are the only way you can be guaranteed a seat to the game for face value.

Season tickets are available in all sections and donation levels, including single seats in the end zone at no donation.

Per seat donations are up to 80% tax deductible and Nebraska also offers you a three-month payment plan for your donation!

Fans can order season tickets by going online to huskers.com/tickets or by calling Nebraska Athletics Development & Ticketing at 800-8-BIGRED (M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).

We look forward to your support of the Huskers and celebrating another sold-out season in 2016 at Memorial Stadium.

See you September 3rd at 7 p.m. for the Huskers' opener against Fresno State!

GO BIG RED!

My family has had season tickets in the West stadium since 1962. Sames seats gate 10, section 30, row 38, seats 13 and 14. They are in my 86 year old mother's name. My siblings and I share these seats and each of us along with our children go to one game a year. Only my sister lives in Nebraska and she really only wants to go to 1 game a year. So my mom ends up selling a couple of games a year.

I love going to NU games, but even if I lived in state I still wouldn't go to more than a couple a year. The time commitment on a Saturday is just not feesible.

• Fire 1

I just bought season tickets for the first time this year and was curious if its better to buy a parking pass from the university or just show up and try to find a place to park? By the way Nebraska is 15-1 when I attend a game so you're welcome in advance :)

It's a bit of a walk, but there's a lot down in the Haymarket on like....6th and L that I've parked in probably 10+ times, never paid anything.

Not sure I follow.

Here is a response from an email I received from the ticket office, notice the un-bolded section that says the Oregon game will not be sold on a single-game basis. This was after calling the ticket office back in April and walking through the steps to get on the list. What it means, I don't know.

Important Information Regarding Your Nebraska Ticket Request

LCOUDNYMBWKJJXM.20160316135716.gif

Thanks for your interest in Nebraska Football and requesting tickets for the Huskers' match-up with Oregon on September 17.

We wanted to let you know that the Oregon game will not be sold on a single-game basis and season tickets are the only way you can be guaranteed a seat to the game for face value.

Season tickets are available in all sections and donation levels, including single seats in the end zone at no donation.

Per seat donations are up to 80% tax deductible and Nebraska also offers you a three-month payment plan for your donation!

Fans can order season tickets by going online to huskers.com/tickets or by calling Nebraska Athletics Development & Ticketing at 800-8-BIGRED (M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).

We look forward to your support of the Huskers and celebrating another sold-out season in 2016 at Memorial Stadium.

See you September 3rd at 7 p.m. for the Huskers' opener against Fresno State!

GO BIG RED!

I don't think that really contradicts what I said, other than the difference between "will not" and probably won't have any available. They might have over-sold it by saying they won't be sold but I would guess they're not expecting to have any to sell.

• 1 month later...

So how many single game tickets are yet to be sold? Of course, there are plenty of weeks yet to go to sell those available for the Oct and Nov games and surely the opponents in the Big Ten can sell most of theirs anyway? The first few have pretty good weather chances but for rain anyway so I am thinking they will find someone to take them. There are always the big donors who can buy them up for a buck each just to be sure the are 'sold' and then give them away to friends, family and or sit on them to keep the 'market' from falling out of bed.