Gun Control

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

The bastion of freedom New Zealand. Where former PM Jacinda Ardern compared free speech to Weapons of War: "In Fact, Evil."   Your prison island examples are only reminders of the projection to the concept of "fascism."

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6312993723112

During COV19 Australians were being arrested and removed from homes for "violating quarantine."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-53903498

Take your knee, citizens, or else:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/hundreds-arrested-fined-during-australia-lockdown-protests-1.5556110

So you think more guns are the solution to this?

I mean, these things happen in the US too.

4 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Oh boy.  So kids playing dress up and dancing will end up committing mass shootings?  You can’t seriously believe that.   

I’ll rephrase,  what legitimately do all these people need an AR or a 30 round mag for that can’t be accomplished with say a shotgun, hunting rifle or a 10 round magazine pistol?

Understand causality please.  Dress up doesn't make a mass shooter.  All mass shooters are sociopaths. In the latest, was/were identifier was a sociopathic shooter who was also a transgender.  

For the best opportunity to defend good and innocents as currently allowed.  Why do you want to restrict good people from the best capability to defend life?  What is your next slippery slope argument if a sociopath kills eight with a 10 round magazine?  You know reloads take about 2-3 seconds, max?  

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Note that what you actually posted was "petulant name calling and lazy labels".

Here's a few more:

In typically hypocritical fashion, you're posting generalizations and lazy labels and then get upset when the same is done to the things you believe in.

Things you don't like are not lazy.  Just say you disagree.  Moral relativism absolutely lends itself to what we see today.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

You're trying desperately to make it personal because this issue pervades your life.  I know it is not easy as, I believe, you stated prior.  I assure it's not personal.  

Mental illness is not bound by gender, race, or creed.  And dealing with the fruit of the sickness will only yield bad fruit again.

You're trying desperately to avoid the many direct questions in this thread, by many different people, pointing out your misinformation,  hypocrisy, and rather troubling one-note agenda. So no. I'm not taking any of this personally. 

One hanging question is why you did not engage in this long-standing Gun Control thread prior to this particular shooting and this particular perpetrator. We've been discussing mental illness in here the whole time. 

And here's a fresh one: do you think homosexuality is a mental illness, and/or that homosexuals can never be as happy as heterosexuals?  

One more quick one:  did you believe in Santa Clause as a child? Serious question. 

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

So you think more guns are the solution to this?

I mean, these things happen in the US too.

Yes.  We are seeing this happen here too.  It's sad that freedom is trampled in the names of safety, global warming [/strikethrough] Climate Change, insert here.

Do you think massive armament of citizens could've changed the Holocaust?  Or are we dismissing it as irrelevant to today?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You're trying desperately to avoid the many direct questions in this thread, by many different people, pointing out your misinformation,  hypocrisy, and rather troubling one-note agenda. So no. I'm not taking any of this personally. 

One hanging question is why you did not engage in this long-standing Gun Control thread prior to this particular shooting and this particular perpetrator. We've been discussing mental illness in here the whole time. 

And here's a fresh one: do you think homosexuality is a mental illness, and/or that homosexuals can never be as happy as heterosexuals?  

One more quick one:  did you believe in Santa Clause as a child? Serious question. 

I posted a direct study on suicide rates from already-transitioned people after you posted your feelings that, once transitioned, they're now better.  There is still a root issue the transitioning is not solving.  

The standing answer is scrolled down the main HB page and saw post activity on a topic I've thought through - Gun Control.  I've discussed the topic on other boards with similar vehemence and disgust to the depraved shooters.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Could also be a Tom Cruise movie. 

I addressed it one page earlier:

Your proposal doesn't save lives.  It allows for funerals.  

And now that we've walked down this exercise, I would not indefinitely detain.  I proposed a hyperbolic, yet realistic personal-infringement option that was proactive.

I, for one, value freedom as much as safety.  Freedom allows many to protect (keep safe) the weak or innocent as evil will always exist.  

Some version of Minority Report is wrought with wrong and risk.  Conversely, we're sitting today with "monitored" sociopathic time bombs awaiting to erupt.

END QUOTE

• Plus1 1

I addressed it one page earlier:

Your proposal doesn't save lives.  It allows for funerals.  

And now that we've walked down this exercise, I would not indefinitely detain.  I proposed a hyperbolic, yet realistic personal-infringement option that was proactive.

I, for one, value freedom as much as safety.  Freedom allows many to protect (keep safe) the weak or innocent as evil will always exist.  

Some version of Minority Report is wrought with wrong and risk.  Conversely, we're sitting today with "monitored" sociopathic time bombs awaiting to erupt.

END QUOTE

So....to reiterate.  You are OK with infringing on people's rights as long as you think it will save lives.

20 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Understand causality please.  Dress up doesn't make a mass shooter.  All mass shooters are sociopaths. In the latest, was/were identifier was a sociopathic shooter who was also a transgender.  

For the best opportunity to defend good and innocents as currently allowed.  Why do you want to restrict good people from the best capability to defend life?  What is your next slippery slope argument if a sociopath kills eight with a 10 round magazine?  You know reloads take about 2-3 seconds, max?  

Causality?   You made a pretty clear implication.  Just was clarifying.  

Defend from what?   Zombie apocalypse? 

Would you support fully legalizing of fully auto machine guns and grenade launchers, etc.  They would be even better, right?

• Plus1 1

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

So....to reiterate.  You are OK with infringing on people's rights as long as you think it will save lives.

Nope.  I took you down a realistic path that could stop something today...and infringe personal liberties.  Responding that we need to "take the guns" is not realistic and too apathetic in dealing with a REAL issue I linked in this thread.  

You're okay with leaving their personal liberties in tact until they do something.  Well, then I ask why you want to restrict good and more sound-minded people who are not posing any threat to anyone, and will never do so.  

This point cannot be overstated.  There have been 13.2 trillion people-days for a an adult in the US to commit a mass shooting in 2023, to date.  We want to concern ourselves of the freedom sociopaths online have when waiving guns and threatening violence.  Fair.  Then afford the same for people of good repute. 

i want to hear about liberal proposals to help keep guns out of the hands of the insane and the conservative plans to do so.   last plans i've remember being  implemented was obama passing a law that was suppose to help federal agencies share info on people who shouldn't have guns.  it was rather weak but it was what he could get bipartisan support for.    trump then eliminated that rule to great fanfare from the right and the NRA and how it helped protect our freedoms.    trump then did ban bump stocks (which i agreed with).  to me it seems that the liberals are more interested in trying to keep the efficient killing machines out of the hands of the violent criminals while the far right and NRA want to let EVERYONE have guns.    

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Causality?   You made a pretty clear implication.  Just was clarifying.  

Defend from what?   Zombie apocalypse? 

Would you support fully legalizing of fully auto machine guns and grenade launchers, etc.  They would be even better, right?

If it was clear I believe it would have been credibly represented.  Dress up and shootings have no direct corollary.  Mentally ill and shootings are not 1:1.  Shootings and mentally ill are 1:1.  And sometimes the mentally ill play dress up and have gender dysphoria.

If it was clear I believe it would have been credibly represented.  Dress up and shootings have no direct corollary.  Mentally ill and shootings are not 1:1.  Shootings and mentally ill are 1:1.  And sometimes the mentally ill play dress up and have gender dysphoria.

guns and mass shootings are 1:1

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, commando said:

i want to hear about liberal proposals to help keep guns out of the hands of the insane and the conservative plans to do so.   last plans i've remember being  implemented was obama passing a law that was suppose to help federal agencies share info on people who shouldn't have guns.  it was rather weak but it was what he could get bipartisan support for.    trump then eliminated that rule to great fanfare from the right and the NRA and how it helped protect our freedoms.    trump then did ban bump stocks (which i agreed with).  to me it seems that the liberals are more interested in trying to keep the efficient killing machines out of the hands of the violent criminals while the far right and NRA want to let EVERYONE have guns.    

It's been mentioned over the last few pages so I won't replay.  

My stance is there's a mental illness problem in the US as well as a cultural issue.  Both are leading to gun violence.  You then have action complexity as you try to preserve freedom, enhance safety, protect a Constitution, and propose/execute truly differentiated measures.  

That's the framing above.  It simply isn't easy in any facet.  

• Plus1 1