Gun Control

50 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The same people who think arming teachers is a solution also think those teachers aren't responsible enough to choose books for their classroom.

Teachers that advocate for sexually explicit books in an elementary library are mentally and morally ill who would be the exact ones I'd look at for having anything to do with a firearm.   These sexually charged books being placed in children's libraries is currently happening...

Should any type of book be in children's libraries?  

• Plus1 2

28 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Give me one example.

Only one?  Tragic.  It just crawled itself on a stand...

They're too prevalent.  

"Not one life." 

EDIT: Because it's too prevalent and recent.  Charter school in TX.  Here.  Also here.  Maybe a rogue, mentally ill teacher.   My thoughts are well known on this issue...

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What would you tell my in-law's Holocaust-surviving members about the imperatives of gun control?

How many people are killed with guns if everyone woke up and said "I'm not going to shoot anyone today?"   

Where are we today if the system had kept better, or enhanced, tabs on the sociopathic shooter?  What does her weapon do that same day if she's in a mental health hospital being treated?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
33 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

What would you tell my in-law's Holocaust-surviving members about the imperatives of gun control?

How many people are killed with guns if everyone woke up and said "I'm not going to shoot anyone today?"   

Where are we today if the system had kept better, or enhanced, tabs on the sociopathic shooter?  What does her weapon do that same day if she's in a mental health hospital being treated?

only the frantic fringe wants to ban all guns.   the left mostly wants to ban "assault" weapons and have strict rules on who can own a gun.       the right wants every american to own a gun no matter how much of a lunatic they are.   it's our "right" for every american to own a weapon no matter how much of a danger they are.  

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, commando said:

only the frantic fringe wants to ban all guns.   the left mostly wants to ban "assault" weapons and have strict rules on who can own a gun.       the right wants every american to own a gun no matter how much of a lunatic they are.   it's our "right" for every american to own a weapon no matter how much of a danger they are.  

Mischaracterization of the “right.”

We’re closing in on 14 trillion people-days in America where someone 20-54 could’ve gone and shot someone. Thankfully the vast vast majority aren’t doing these things.  Still too many. Sociopaths sociopathing…

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

We’re closing in on 14 trillion people-days in America where someone 20-54 could’ve gone and shot someone. Thankfully the vast vast majority aren’t doing these things.  Still too many. Sociopaths sociopathing…

sp...not enough dead school children for your standard?   kk...now i understand where you are coming from

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

36 minutes ago, commando said:

sp...not enough dead school children for your standard?   kk...now i understand where you are coming from

Too much world history of mass death after disarmament for my standards. 

Reform mental health and the education system. Get sociopaths the help they need. Guns tend to do absolutely nothing by themselves. 

• TBH 1
10 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Too much world history of mass death after disarmament for my standards. 

Reform mental health and the education system. Get sociopaths the help they need. Guns tend to do absolutely nothing by themselves. 

Which party is preventing the reform of mental health and why?   Which party recently suggested removing the Department of Education?   Which party is trying to whitewash education?  Which party wants to make it easier to get guns?

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, sho said:

Which party is preventing the reform of mental health and why?   Which party recently suggested removing the Department of Education?   Which party is trying to whitewash education?  Which party wants to make it easier to get guns?

How would a progressive leftist define this reform?  What are the top three principles that will create more mental wellness?  Where would sexually charged books available to pre-teens fit in the list of top tenets for reform?  

Why do progressives speak of guns as anthropomorphic weapons of war running rampant vs. the mental health crisis that is the real issue at a disproportionate ratio? 

The bigger chasm is what progressives call good and healthy, many conservatives would disagree.  And vice versa.    

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

How would a progressive leftist define this reform?  What are the top three principles that will create more mental wellness?  Where would sexually charged books available to pre-teens fit in the list of top tenets for reform?  

Why do progressives speak of guns as anthropomorphic weapons of war running rampant vs. the mental health crisis that is the real issue at a disproportionate ratio? 

The bigger chasm is what progressives call good and healthy, many conservatives would disagree.  And vice versa.    

I'm sorry, I made the questions too difficult for you to answer.   That was my bad.   Clearly we need better education reform, as I thought they were fairly simple questions.  Lesson learned on my part.   I'll let you go on with your propaganda posting without engaging you, as you are incapable of answering.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

Your people days is a worthless statistic you keep throwing out. 

• Plus1 1