Gun Control

23 minutes ago, commando said:

when was the last time doing nothing worked?

The video of the unmanned bazooka...

Focus on the root issue.  There have been some viable proposals on guard railing who can own what.  The challenge is agreeing to the definitions "mentally ill people cannot own a firearm.  You are mentally ill because you think differently.  You're out."

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, ZRod said:

So, why can't I have a bazooka no questions asked,

Because we want to properly vet the mentally ill, or those that show risk to harm others, so innocents can stay safe.

You have to answer questions to own a .22.

What better questions can we ask to keep our world safer?  This is where it seems to get circuitous and monotonous "Why do guns even exist," "Why are you okay with people dying?" "How can we get rid of AR's" as if those re the best questions.

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Because we want to properly vet the mentally ill, or those that show risk to harm others, so innocents can stay safe.

You have to answer questions to own a .22.

What better questions can we ask to keep our world safer?  This is where it seems to get circuitous and monotonous "Why do guns even exist," "Why are you okay with people dying?" "How can we get rid of AR's" as if those re the best questions.

What would make there ownership of these arms any different than another?

This isn't a catch .22 bud.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

So you have no issue if there were no longer restrictions on purchasing a functional bazooka?

Now that you're at your moment, a disclosure: Easy to see coming with the use of a clever and misleading pun.  I wanted to preempt you, but the ride was worth my restraint.

Since I've established a. I'm open to vetting people that makes sense, to protect others and b. I don't emphasize the inanimate object but the root cause of the issue:

Is your primary intent to save lives or regulate scary stuff?  If the former, how has the regulated bazooka worked?   If the former, why not focus on handguns which kill more people than any other firearm class?  If the latter, I might see why the AR is in your...crosshairs.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

Now that you're at your moment, a disclosure: Easy to see coming with the use of a clever and misleading pun.  I wanted to preempt you, but the ride was worth my restraint.

Since I've established a. I'm open to vetting people that makes sense, to protect others and b. I don't emphasize the inanimate object but the root cause of the issue:

Is your primary intent to save lives or regulate scary stuff?  If the former, how has the regulated bazooka worked?   If the former, why not focus on handguns which kill more people than any other firearm class?  If the latter, I might see why the AR is in your...crosshairs.

You’re not as clever as you think. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What’s the proposal that these kids or the parents of these kids that told them to walk out have to prevent at least 50% of the school shootings?  

I really would like to know how they can be stopped by just going after AR platformed guns.  We all want to get school shootings to zero, but how does that happen outside of taking every single gun in the US away?  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

What’s the proposal that these kids or the parents of these kids that told them to walk out have to prevent at least 50% of the school shootings?  

I really would like to know how they can be stopped by just going after AR platformed guns.  We all want to get school shootings to zero, but how does that happen outside of taking every single gun in the US away?  

Make them illegal to sell and illegal to own. Have a buy back where the government pays for AR's to be turned in. After that you arrest people who own or traffic those guns just like any other illegal good. That will make it much harder for these mass shooters, many of whom purchased the weapons days before committing mass murder.

Personally, I think getting rid of AR's specifically is too tepid a solution and prefer making magazine capacity limits. I think a limit of 3 rounds with an exception for higher capacity with a use-case and needing a license.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1