Gun Control

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Funny you should say that…

Because I did.  And the answer I got is that the world is the way it is supposed to be.  Medical and psychological treatments exist to help people on their life journeys.  Along with the love and support of friends, families, and strangers.

The Creator also said some folks have a really distorted view of how to share the “truth” in the world and he appreciates my effort to try and explain how it’s supposed to be.  But the Creator ended the conversation by letting me know They understand that if I don’t have the time or patience it’s okay to let some things go, “some folks just don’t get it, and never will.” (Words of the Creator :dunno)

don’t shoot the messenger!

You’re certainly fun :lol:

We should introduce more of these mass shooters to a reformed health system that effectively helps them through their life journeys. 

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

True joy is reconciliation with our creator.       You may disagree, and I’m good with that fact.  

I’ll say it again that I do indeed wish you grace with what you’re navigating in life. 

:cheers

Embedded in just about every post you make on this there seems to be a judgemental factor, one that seems to seek to elevate you and diminish those who don't adhere to your adopted Christian precepts.

I am not religious, but I get the feeling, as I listen to or read these things, that Mathew 7:1 may be lost on you. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Hagg said:

Embedded in just about every post you make on this there seems to be a judgemental factor, one that seems to seek to elevate you and diminish those who don't adhere to your adopted Christian precepts.

I am not religious, but I get the feeling, as I listen to or read these things, that Mathew 7:1 may be lost on you. 

I disagree with moral relativism as much as you might disagree in the legitimacy of the Bible or Jesus. 

I carry no judgement. If me adamantly believing something different than you is judgement, then tell me how you’re not in judgement.  Disagreement is not judgement. 

Do you agree or disagree the mental health system needs reform to address the sociopaths that kill innocents? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

I disagree with moral relativism

No you don't. You've exhibited your own version of moral relativism several times this week, each time bending your "truth" to serve your meandering argument. While we agree to disagree and bow to the Golden Rule, you need to know that adherence to your truth hurts others, whether that's your intention or not 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No you don't. You've exhibited your own version of moral relativism several times this week, each time bending your "truth" to serve your meandering argument. While we agree to disagree and bow to the Golden Rule, you need to know that adherence to your truth hurts others, whether that's your intention or not 

You’re saying my words against moral relativism, and that there is objectivity in truth, has hurt people (you said yourself you need no pity; I do not pity you.  Commend?  Yes.)? Just because you perceive I unknowingly embrace moral relativism doesn’t make it so.  I liken it to a city on sand.

America, or humanity moving away from a way of life or belief system didn’t make the old way right and we just move to a new correct.  Take the 10 Commandments. I suspect there’s at least one you agree with. Maybe more. I believe they’re all relevant, we fail at many of them daily. The point of them is we can’t live up and there’s a reconciliatory way to make us whole. 

Sociopathic people have hurt people.  I believe moral relativism has been much of our country’s decay. I believe Jesus at His word, and I do not feel hurt or wronged if you believe Him to be a liar or lunatic. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

My gawd!!!!  I finally get it!!!

Why are people so scared of all the fentanyl crossing the border?  Drugs don't kill people, people do!

We should just make sure no one wants to do drugs and then we don't have to worry about stopping drug dealers and smugglers.

It's so simple!!! :dumdum

21 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Why are people so scared of all the fentanyl crossing the border?  Drugs don't kill people, people do!

We should just make sure no one wants to do drugs and then we don't have to worry about stopping drug dealers and smugglers.

and it's in the constitution.  something about the pursuit of happiness   

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The same people who think arming teachers is a solution also think those teachers aren't responsible enough to choose books for their classroom.

the state will tell them the who, what, where, when, and why to teach and sell them the guns to protect the classrooms

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

If everyone on the planet woke up tomorrow and said, "I'm not taking fentanyl today," does it start jumping into them and killing? 

If everyone in the world woke up tomorrow and said "There's no way I'm shooting someone today," there may end up ___? accidental shootings due to negligence but not near what we see now.

You are indeed on to something.  People exist and sin natures are real.   We've been corrupted since the fall, and our brokenness leads to chaos on the earth.  Taking away guns, legalizing all drugs, banning alcohol etc doesn't solve the real issue.   It's a people problem.

Wholly reform the mental health system, look to rehab and reform some/many who are in need, and know evil exists and always will... 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1