Gun Control

On 3/30/2023 at 4:31 AM, NM11046 said:

We need more of this coming from exactly this sort of person - someone who has an audience outside of political discussions.  Thanks for sharing it, reminds me of the Steve Kerr interview from not so long ago.

And the mind-blowing incongruence of it right after the Kevin McCarthy saying he will not discuss it but would prefer to talk about movies or anything else is just a kick to the gut.  WE MUST VOTE LIKE THIS IS THE THREAT THAT IT IS.

Greg Popovich also does a great job of speaking out.   I would say we need more, especially football coaches in the south, where successful coaches are almost God-like.   It would be so meaningful and powerful if Saban came out in support of some of these things.   Though I suspect he's probably for them more than against them.  Also, I think he is very similar to Michael Jordan in the mindset of not wanting to piss off certain people because they give him money via donations.

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I do hope you will recognize that people who justify God's wrath against the gays, and people who believe homosexuals can never experience true joy tend to drink from the same well.

I'm satisfied with the Well I've come to know.  I hope those that find justification in a mass shootings find a perspective, and path, that isn't tragic.  

The well they drink from is not mine.  

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I'm satisfied with the Well I've come to know.  I hope those that find justification in a mass shootings find a perspective, and path, that isn't tragic.  

The well they drink from is not mine.  

Your many posts on the subject -- which have both meandered and evolved in the last week -- suggests at the very least that you attend the same church and pull opinions from the same sources as people who believe in a wrath of God against gays. If that's a line you won't cross, I hope you share it with them, just as you're doing here.  

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
14 minutes ago, sho said:

Greg Popovich also does a great job of speaking out.   I would say we need more, especially football coaches in the south, where successful coaches are almost God-like.   It would be so meaningful and powerful if Saban came out in support of some of these things.   Though I suspect he's probably for them more than against them.  Also, I think he is very similar to Michael Jordan in the mindset of not wanting to piss off certain people because they give him money via donations.

Popovich is smart as hell, candid and articulate, and afraid of no one. He went through Air Force intelligence training and knows of what he speaks. I'd vote for him for President in a heartbeat, and not just because I'd love to see how he handles White House press conferences. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Your many posts on the subject -- which have both meandered and evolved in the last week -- suggests at the very least that you attend the same church and pull opinions from the same sources as people who believe in a wrath of God against gays. If that's a line you won't cross, I hope you share it with them, just as you're doing here.  

I believe no one is exempt of wrath as we’re all broken. I believe Jesus at His word as legitimate, not a liar or loon. And I believe He accomplished everything to cover all of our messes.  

I’m keenly aware I’m no better than anyone. I’m grateful there’s forgiveness and grace through that. 

I wish you peace with whatever you’re navigating, and, like you, grieve the loss of innocents. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Popovich is smart as hell, candid and articulate, and afraid of no one. He went through Air Force intelligence training and knows of what he speaks. I'd vote for him for President in a heartbeat, and not just because I'd love to see how he handles White House press conferences. 

I love him too, not sure I'd want another non-politician as a president, but I would vote for him as a representative and feel we would be much better off if we had 535 "Greg Popovich's" in the house and senate than what we had the last 20+ years.

And it's really hard for me to give him any kudos since he's coached the dark side of the force for so long.   :lol:

23 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Here is my email to my congressional rep and both senators - I will also make a phone call follow-up to their offices

Well Ieft the above message on Senator Lankford's phone,  Got to talk to a live person in Congressman's Hern's office.  Senator Mullin - no local phone # and his Washington phone number message box was full - nice trick for the Trump lover.  

39 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I’m keenly aware I’m no better than anyone. I’m grateful there’s forgiveness and grace through that. 

If you believe that you can experience joy, but a homosexual cannot, you most definitely believe yourself better than someone. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you believe that you can experience joy, but a homosexual cannot, you most definitely believe yourself better than someone. 

True joy is reconciliation with our creator.       You may disagree, and I’m good with that fact.  

I’ll say it again that I do indeed wish you grace with what you’re navigating in life. 

:cheers

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

True joy is reconciliation with our creator.       You may disagree, and I’m good with that fact.  

I’ll say it again that I do indeed wish you could race with what you’re navigating in life. 

What better way to reconcile with your creator than to fix the mess up he/she did when he/she gave them the wrong body parts or messed up ones...

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I’ll say it again that I do indeed wish you could race with what you’re navigating in life. 

You've now said multiple times that you wish me luck with what I'm navigating in life. You said you can't imagine having to deal with what I'm going through,

Is this based on my confiding about my non-binary child and my problem keeping up with their pronouns?

In no way did I intend to portray my situation as traumatic, or even worthy of concern. Given the long history of parents and children, "what I'm going through" is extremely tame and never less than rewarding. 

(will assume that "could race" was intended to be "grace")

Although your words appear kind, you've clearly avoided the point with a passive-aggressive flourish. You've already said homosexuals cannot achieve true joy, and now that you've linked true joy to the Creator, you're a lot closer to the God Hates F*gs team than you'd care to admit.   

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 5
6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You've now said multiple times that you wish me luck with what I'm navigating in life. You said you can't imagine having to deal with what I'm going through,

Is this based on my confiding about my non-binary child and my problem keeping up with their pronouns?

In no way did I intend to portray my situation as traumatic, or even worthy of concern. Given the long history of parents and children, "what I'm going through" is extremely tame and never less than rewarding. 

(will assume that "could race" was intended to be "grace")

Although your words appear kind, you've clearly avoided the point with a passive-aggressive flourish. You've already said homosexuals cannot achieve true joy, and now that you've linked true joy to the Creator, you're a lot closer to the God Hates F*gs team than you'd care to admit.   

Phone typo. Yes.

I don’t believe in luck. I wish you peace. I don’t pity you. I stated that. I commend you as a dad. 

I won’t apologize for what I believe or whom I believe in. I will apologize for how it may come across at times. And I’m grateful my shortcomings don’t have the final say. 

Your reminder of the golden rule was convicting. I appreciate it and do wish you well. 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Maybe ask Him :)

Funny you should say that…

Because I did.  And the answer I got is that the world is the way it is supposed to be.  Medical and psychological treatments exist to help people on their life journeys.  Along with the love and support of friends, families, and strangers.

The Creator also said some folks have a really distorted view of how to share the “truth” in the world and he appreciates my effort to try and explain how it’s supposed to be.  But the Creator ended the conversation by letting me know They understand that if I don’t have the time or patience it’s okay to let some things go, “some folks just don’t get it, and never will.” (Words of the Creator :dunno)

don’t shoot the messenger!

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2