DT Calvin Avery [Illinois - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

69 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Avery commit?

• Nebraska
    • Baylor
    • Oklahoma State
    • Texas
    • Oklahoma
    • Texas A&M
    • Colorado
    • Ohio State
    • TCU

This poll is closed to new votes

I've seen multiple recruiting experts say we are done at NG. We want one more Defensive Lineman and we want that guy to be an end. Our top targets for the final DL spot are Judge Culpepper, Daniel Carson, Elijah Wade, and Ronnie Perkins.

We offered Mapieu early. He committed early. The staff isn't going to stiff him or pull his scholarship eventhough he still looks very very raw and Avery is much better right now. So we are kind of stuck without room for Avery because this class is so small and we have DT scholarships filled.

I've seen multiple recruiting experts say we are done at NG. We want one more Defensive Lineman and we want that guy to be an end. Our top targets for the final DL spot are Judge Culpepper, Daniel Carson, Elijah Wade, and Ronnie Perkins.

We offered Mapieu early. He committed early. The staff isn't going to stiff him or pull his scholarship eventhough he still looks very very raw and Avery is much better right now. So we are kind of stuck without room for Avery because this class is so small and we have DT scholarships filled.

If he is wants in, there will be room made.

• Fire 1

Masry better become a great player. We got excited about Watts, Thomas, and Daniels last year. Avery is another level.

I think Daniels will be just fine. DT and Watts will have to exceed their potential. Avery will more than likely be better than all of them though I agree

Here were their stats last year on the same team. Avery a year younger of course

Daniels: 78 tackles, 26 TFL, 9 sacks

Avery: 68 tackles, 18 TFL, 12 sacks

I think those three will be fine. I was one who was very excited about who we got on the defensive line. I just was that much more excited about this one. I mean if they pass on him, I guess that just means they like what they have in the program already and what is coming. Hard to imagine voluntarily passing on him, but that would speak volumes to their confidence in that NG position right now. I guess it would be a pretty full room with last years class, possibly Masry and who is working to fill in there now.

Maybe another school is simply catching up due to no fault of our own?

I think those three will be fine. I was one who was very excited about who we got on the defensive line. I just was that much more excited about this one. I mean if they pass on him, I guess that just means they like what they have in the program already and what is coming. Hard to imagine voluntarily passing on him, but that would speak volumes to their confidence in that NG position right now. I guess it would be a pretty full room with last years class, possibly Masry and who is working to fill in there now.

Maybe another school is simply catching up due to no fault of our own?

Wouldn't say confidence in whose in the DT room, but a pressing need for outside guys. And yes other schools have caught up, but they had some help from the staff looking at other needs

Masry better become a great player. We got excited about Watts, Thomas, and Daniels last year. Avery is another level.

I think Daniels will be just fine. DT and Watts will have to exceed their potential. Avery will more than likely be better than all of them though I agree

Here were their stats last year on the same team. Avery a year younger of course

They also benefited by playing next to one another. Will be interesting to compare Averys numbers this year.

They also benefited by playing next to one another. Will be interesting to compare Averys numbers this year.

Exactly! It's like baker and SUH together. Baker built off suh

• Mavric changed the title to DT Calvin Avery [Illinois - Signed LOI]