Andrew White transferring

Why go back to college and play a final senior season to increase draftability when he could go the professional route and work his way up? He already has his degree in hand, it doesn't make sense to risk injury in college when he could go make a buck and develop himself in front of the people that matter. Transferring to another school is a lateral move, not a move up.

Why go back to college and play a final senior season to increase draftability when he could go the professional route and work his way up? He already has his degree in hand, it doesn't make sense to risk injury in college when he could go make a buck and develop himself in front of the people that matter. Transferring to another school is a lateral move, not a move up.

Because he wants to go straight to the NBA but wasn't going to get drafted this year. He was told some things he needs to work on and thinks he'll have a better chance to improve those things at some place other than Nebraska.

Because he wants to go straight to the NBA but wasn't going to get drafted this year. He was told some things he needs to work on and thinks he'll have a better chance to improve those things at some place other than Nebraska.

So there is that much of a difference between 5th year senior and D-league?

To someone who thinks they're better than playing in the D-League? Probably.

How many times would a D-League team be on TV and playing in front of large crowds with a chance to go to one of the (if not the best) athletic tournament events in the nation with millions of people watching (including scouts)?

Even if Nebraska didn't make it to the Dance next year, he would get way more exposure than playing in some obscure basketball league with a few people watching.

How many times would a D-League team be on TV and playing in front of large crowds with a chance to go to one of the (if not the best) athletic tournament events in the nation with millions of people watching (including scouts)?

Even if Nebraska didn't make it to the Dance next year, he would get way more exposure than playing in some obscure basketball league with a few people watching.

I really don't know and I am just asking questions, I'll take yours and Mavs points. I don't understand hoops culture that well as to what the best route to the NBA is. I wish him well, I have nothing against him, other than the timing of it all really stinks and I know how much he will be missed.

I'm still under a mindset that if you deserve to be in the league, NBA experts would know you deserve to be there and could decipher whether you're on a bunk team or not. I wish him the best, but I'm going to say his transfer doesn't matter for him getting to where wants/thinks to be, if that's why he's leaving.

I've followed Vernon Adams since he was splitting time at EWU as a freshman and had the argument with my college buddy's that him going to Oregon isn't going to improve his NFL stock. If he was drafted after a year at Oregon, likely, what he did for EWU was enough for him to be on NFL scouts radar. He didn't play on an obscure, EWU has had FCS national spotlight, like Wentz, if they deserve to be there, they'll find you. Heck, I also look at Tyler Harvey, another EWU athlete, but he played bball. He never had a scholarship out of HS - not even a D2 school offered him - but he walked on earned a scholarship and gets drafted late 2nd round in 2015.

I get that those are different journies, however, I don't believe surrounding yourself with better players will GET you to the league, but rather it'll make you look better getting there.

From 16 wins to 14

On the bright side, it provides a nice built-in excuse for this year.

I disagree....we were not that good partly because he was not that good and partly because the coaches were not that good. They need to step it up now that we have an inside presence and some pretty good wings and guards. It's time for them all to show why they're here and not make excuses.

If he goes to Texas, He might lose any husker fans who still are rooting for him.

I'd say it'd be much worse if he went to MSU for fans since we play them twice in league play. You would hope he'd at least pick a non-BIG 10 team unless he totally wants to turn the knife in our back.