Andrew White transferring

Easy there ditching on the kid. Maybe the guy wants to win? Lord knows we're pretty much the Purdue of basketball.

Then why leave Kansas?
possibly he wanted to command the show and was sold that Nebraska was advancing in the rankings of basketball.

Easy there ditching on the kid. Maybe the guy wants to win? Lord knows we're pretty much the Purdue of basketball.

Then why leave Kansas?
possibly he wanted to command the show and was sold that Nebraska was advancing in the rankings of basketball.
Doesnt a player have expectations in themselves to help advance his/her team? He was a solid player, but he wasn't a takeover player, definitely not consistent enough. I appreciate what he did for the program and don't want to come off like I'm overly bitter, but this is a head scratcher and almost a red flag for any other program he winds up at.

Am I supposed to recognize this name? Hate to see guys leave prematurely but I will assume, since I didn't recognize the name, that he has not yet made a huge contribution and this will just free up more room for somebody that really wants to be here. Good luck to Andrew...

All that does is show how much you follow Nebrasketball.

My bad guys. I linked to it off the front page and assumed he was some obscure football player. I feel stupid.

And no, I don't follow the bball team hardly at all.

Our roster is looking a little thin... and 3 true freshman. Isn't this supposed to be about the time, Miles is supposed to be starting to show the benefits of his recruits maturing, coming of age.

Miles went with transfers to try and win early, and that worked with making the NCAA Tourney in year 2. His 4-year recruits have been a complete whiff, which is concerning.

Our roster is looking a little thin... and 3 true freshman. Isn't this supposed to be about the time, Miles is supposed to be starting to show the benefits of his recruits maturing, coming of age.

Miles went with transfers to try and win early, and that worked with making the NCAA Tourney in year 2. His 4-year recruits have been a complete whiff, which is concerning.

Agree with everything you said, however the jury is out on his young recruits with star power. We will see in the next 12-24 months.

True, but I think Morrow and Watson will tweak that opinion and If the new big man can make an impact down low, Jacobsen and Morrow will play natural positions. Not saying it's a guarantee to pan out but the start of consistent play and being a team in the middle of the pack in the B1G, which is an improvement.

Any chance scouts or NBA peeps gave him advice that lead him to leaving Nebraska?

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211037689

“I spoke with Andrew late last evening in which he asked me how he can proceed with a release from Nebraska. There have been discussions with Andrew and his father about Andrew's place in our program for months and this is his decision. Even though I am extremely disappointed, he will be given a complete release as the logistics are handled this week. We will move on. I am truly excited about our team and next season.”

• Fire 1

It's how it has always been at Nebraska for basketball. Hit and miss, trying to fill a hole. We land a big man and are able to move Mike to his true position ,then Andrew bails on us. Let's keep our head up, we have other guys who will have the chance to step up sooner than they thought.

I feel like this is one of those things that looks bad initially, but will turn into a positive because of the "next man up" mentality. I realize it's probably just homerism, but AWIII was no Shavon Shields. He was a good player, but I don't think we'll miss him as much as folks outside of Nebraska might think.