A man you can bait with a Tweet

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

shouldn’t this be decided by what’s the right thing to do?

And, you admit you haven’t payed attention to what is proving how corrupt Trump is, but yet act like Trump is no worse than anyone else. 

interesting. 

If Trump truly did something against the law, then impeach him. But let's hold everyone else to the same standard. Until we hold ALL people accountable, regardless of side, we'll continue to see the joke of a highly partisan circus that we have now. Can you name a modern president that was not highly corrupt?

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

If Trump truly did something against the law, then impeach him. But let's hold everyone else to the same standard. Until we hold ALL people accountable, regardless of side, we'll continue to see the joke of a highly partisan circus that we have now. Can you name a modern president that was not highly corrupt?

Point taken.  But we have to start somewhere.  Not holding Trump accountable because we didn't hold other Presidents accountable is a shotty defense.  I say hold Trump accountable, and then the next, and the next, and so on.  

But like you've mentioned, not holding them accountable isn't changing anything.

• Plus1 1
Just now, funhusker said:

Point taken.  But we have to start somewhere.  Not holding Trump accountable because we didn't hold other Presidents accountable is a shotty defense.  I say hold Trump accountable, and then the next, and the next, and so on.  

But like you've mentioned, not holding them accountable isn't changing anything.

And therein lies the problem: How can Republicans trust that Dems will be willing to hold their own side accountable in the future when needed? Because they haven't done so yet... I want to be perfectly clear: I'm not defending anything - I'm simply pointing out the nuance of this situation...

So the choices that staunch Republicans have are as follows:

1) Stand behind Trump & don't support the impeachment

OR

2) Support the impeachment in hopes that Dems will do the same when their own party is in power. Doing this runs the risk of Dems then being able to point the finger at the GOP as the party of slime and run with that in all elections throughout the country. 

Here's the only way forward: If they're going to impeach Trump and try to convict him for colluding with a foreign power, then Biden, Obama, and Hillary need to be tried right alongside him for being guilty of the same offense...

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Nobody is arguing against holding all of them accountable, but how is it productive to say "yes, but what about..." The issue at hand is Trump and his corruption. Not alternative history President H.R. Clinton. Not low level corruption. If you want to set an example then you start from the top down.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ZRod said:

Nobody is arguing against holding all of them accountable, but how is it productive to say "yes, but what about..." The issue at hand is Trump and his corruption. Not alternative history President H.R. Clinton. Not low level corruption. If you want to set an example then you start from the top down.

3 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

And therein lies the problem: How can Republicans trust that Dems will be willing to hold their own side accountable in the future when needed? Because they haven't done so yet... I want to be perfectly clear: I'm not defending anything - I'm simply pointing out the nuance of this situation...

OR

2) Support the impeachment in hopes that Dems will do the same when their own party is in power. Doing this runs the risk of Dems then being able to point the finger at the GOP as the party of slime and run with that in all elections throughout the country. 

Here's the only way forward: If they're going to impeach Trump and try to convict him for colluding with a foreign power, then Biden, Obama, and Hillary need to be tried right alongside him for being guilty of the same offense...

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

OR

How exactly does #2 work? By deciding to do the right thing now they will get lambasted by corrupt Dems as the corrupt ones later? That makes no sense and could just as easily(more easily actually) happen if they go with choice #1.

Also none of those people you mentioned at the end hold public office currently. Trump is getting removed from public office because of this not sent to jail. His taxes are whats gonna get him sent to jail. If we have criminal evidence against the people you named, lets prosecute them. But I'm thinking there isn't alot of actual criminal evidence against the people you named just a bunch of wild conspiracy theories.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

OR

how many benghazi hearings were there?   how many hearing about uranium 1?   how many investigations have your listed people been through already?   who the F**k says they haven't been investigated already?

• Thanks 5
1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

This is a non issue. The GOP was in control of both houses under Obama and they conducted investigation into his administration countless times.

The Dems forced Al Franken to resign over distasteful photos from years ago. They just had a young congresswoman resign for an affair with a staffer. You tell me who seems willing to hold people accountable.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 6
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

How exactly does #2 work? By deciding to do the right thing now they will get lambasted by corrupt Dems as the corrupt ones later? That makes no sense and could just as easily(more easily actually) happen if they go with choice #1. Also none of those people you mentioned at the end hold public office currently. Trump is getting removed from public office because of this not sent to jail. His taxes are whats gonna get him sent to jail. If we have criminal evidence against the people you named, lets prosecute them. But I'm thinking there isn't alot of actual criminal evidence against the people you named just a bunch of wild conspiracy theories.

Here's a couple for you fresh off the press:

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports/status/1191471811562790912?s=20

Why did you post this video?  Did you even watch it?  Not sure why it's in this thread.  Prince Andrew?  Dershowicz?

If they uncover stuff on Clinton I'm sure he'll be charged, just like Trump will be and every other person that can be identified by what was found in the safe and what they took from the homes.

• Thanks 4
10 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Why did you post this video?  Did you even watch it?  Not sure why it's in this thread.  Prince Andrew?  Dershowicz?

If they uncover stuff on Clinton I'm sure he'll be charged, just like Trump will be and every other person that can be identified by what was found in the safe and what they took from the homes.

Do you not find it disturbing that evidence against political elites gets covered up or not allowed to be reported on?... 

20 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Well you just discredited yourself linking John Solomon. Congrats.

2 points:

1. I don't care who shared it. Not even sure who John Solomon is... But you realize it directly quotes emails and memos that are just as if not more damning toward Biden/Obama than the transcript is for Trump, right?

2. I've seen plenty from other posters linking Vox, CNN, MSNBC, etc... Those are much more discredited publications/opinion pieces than this... C'mon...

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Do you not find it disturbing that evidence against political elites gets covered up or not allowed to be reported on?... 

2 points:

1. I don't care who shared it. Not even sure who John Solomon is... But you realize it directly quotes emails and memos that are just as if not more damning toward Biden/Obama than the transcript is for Trump, right?

2. I've seen plenty from other posters linking Vox, CNN, MSNBC, etc... Those are much more discredited publications/opinion pieces than this... C'mon...

No they literally aren't. John Solomon is well known for spreading false and misleading information about this specific story. Anything he posts is purely propaganda and the article in the tweet is no different. Taking bits and pieces from differemt articles and mischaracterizing them as damning is the John Solomon playbook and he is following it to a T here. There is a reason he got fired from the Hill and hasn't been able to secure a real job since. So yea, Vox, CNN, MSNBC, and any other actual news outlet has much much MUCH more credibility than John Solomon.

https://www.justsecurity.org/66962/a-dozen-questions-for-john-solomon/

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-a-veteran-reporter-worked-with-giuliani-associates-to-launch-the-ukraine-conspiracy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

No they literally aren't. John Solomon is well known for spreading false and misleading information about this specific story. Anything he posts is purely propaganda and the article in the tweet is no different. Taking bits and pieces from differemt articles and mischaracterizing them as damning is the John Solomon playbook and he is following it to a T here. There is a reason he got fired from the Hill and hasn't been able to secure a real job since. So yea, Vox, CNN, MSNBC, and any other actual news outlet has much much MUCH more credibility than John Solomon.

https://www.justsecurity.org/66962/a-dozen-questions-for-john-solomon/

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-a-veteran-reporter-worked-with-giuliani-associates-to-launch-the-ukraine-conspiracy

You're welcome to try to debunk any of the actual evidence referenced in the article...

But your claim is that Vox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. DON'T do the very thing that you're claiming John Solomon does that discredits him? :blink:

5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

You're welcome to try to debunk any of the actual evidence referenced in the article...

But your claim is that Vox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. DON'T do the very thing that you're claiming John Solomon does that discredits him? :blink:

The story is nonsensical and I am not going to waste my time 'debunking' articles from sources that are proven to be unreliable propaganda 

Find me articles stating any of those news outlets acted in the way John Solomon did. He got fired from the Hill because of how he was conducting himself as a 'journalist'