A man you can bait with a Tweet

Jack ass indeed. I can tell you right now the auto industry isn't necessarily bringing back jobs. Some are being created, yes, but we're still keeping them in Mexico and Canada too (which oddly enough people don't have much of a problem with Canada, but that's another discussion). These decisions were made sometime ago probably, this buisness doesn't operate that fast at the top levels. Investments in capital takes careful, strategic, thought out planning that doesn't occur in 2 months. Demand for automotive is great right now, hence why investment in the US, Mexico, and Canada is happening. The fact that the industry is doing well is why you see jobs being created in those places over the last few years, not Trump.

Also quite a few of the parts in your car come from tier 2 and 3 suppliers that have plants in Mexico, China, the DR, Korea, etc. Nobody cares about that though. Kind of odd...

In my opinion, US companies have realized that all they need to do in order to generate goodwill with President Trump is announce jobs packages you had already planned. This allows them to stay out of his crosshairs and give him something to puff up his chest about on Twitter.

We'll have to wait to see what jobs reports say going forward. Numbers don't lie.

I've got a feeling protectionist economic policies could wind up increasing the cost of goods for the consumer. If we get in a trade war, they will skyrocket. That would mean President Trump would actually decrease the purchasing power of the average American.

Jack ass indeed. I can tell you right now the auto industry isn't necessarily bringing back jobs. Some are being created, yes, but we're still keeping them in Mexico and Canada too (which oddly enough people don't have much of a problem with Canada, but that's another discussion). These decisions were made sometime ago probably, this buisness doesn't operate that fast at the top levels. Investments in capital takes careful, strategic, thought out planning that doesn't occur in 2 months. Demand for automotive is great right now, hence why investment in the US, Mexico, and Canada is happening. The fact that the industry is doing well is why you see jobs being created in those places over the last few years, not Trump.

Also quite a few of the parts in your car come from tier 2 and 3 suppliers that have plants in Mexico, China, the DR, Korea, etc. Nobody cares about that though. Kind of odd...

That's what people who are drooling all over what Trump is saying here just don't get. These aren't decisions that just all of a sudden came to fruition because he won in November.

If this is what the CEOs of these companies are saying, they are playing him like a fiddle just like Putin is.

In my opinion, US companies have realized that all they need to do in order to generate goodwill with President Trump is announce jobs packages you had already planned. This allows them to stay out of his crosshairs and give him something to puff up his chest about on Twitter.

We'll have to wait to see what jobs reports say going forward. Numbers don't lie.

I've got a feeling protectionist economic policies could wind up increasing the cost of goods for the consumer. If we get in a trade war, they will skyrocket. That would mean President Trump would actually decrease the purchasing power of the average American.

It definitely will. Do people really think they will be able to go buy a pair of shoes from Walmart for $12 that are made in the US?

NOT!!!!

Remember when Trump pledged sweeping legislation on January 20?

“…[D]ay one – which I will consider to be Monday as opposed to Friday or Saturday. Right? I mean my day one is gonna be Monday because I don’t want to be signing and get it mixed up with lots of celebration,” Trump said, according to a transcript of the interview.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/314498-trump-monday-will-be-day-one-of-administration

Who really expected the narcissistic trust fund baby would actually go to work after inauguration?

• Fire 4

Honestly I had the same thought. Did all these people turning out now vote? Did they vote in the primaries?

Probably not. One thing I've been thinking about lately even before the election is part of the reason it's so hard for one party to keep the White House is:

a) the grass is always greener. For those voters who aren't staunchly on one side, they may blame the party of whoever is in charge at the time for everything that went wrong and want "change."

b) angry people are probably more likely to go out and vote. I guarantee some of the marchers didn't vote but would vote tomorrow if they had the chance.

I agree the majority of those that showed up for the protests voted in the national election. Last numbers I saw were ~53% of voting age population cast a ballot. That was about ~137 million with ~54% being women. Of the ~74 million women that voted, ~50 million voted non-Republican. The percentages may be off by 1-2%...

Functionally Trump was elected by ~25% of the voting age population. This has been the unfortunate case for several decades. I really thought we could eclipse 60% VAP turnout but voter apathy has become very ingrained in this country.

• Fire 2